It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI stopped Portland bomb suspect from taking job before sting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

FBI stopped Portland bomb suspect from taking job before sting

www.rawstory.com

The FBI’s surveillance started in August 2009 after agents intercepted his e-mails with a man he had met in Oregon who had returned to the Middle East, according to a law enforcement official who described the man as a recruiter for terrorism. According to the affidavit, the man had moved to Yemen and then northwest Pakistan, a center of terrorism activity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/28/2010 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
was hearing on the news yesterday. that the portland bomber Mohamed Osman Mohamud had been stoped at the airport from going to Pakistan or Yemen (one those "terrorist" country) to join the jihad. but now i'm reading on Raw Story that he had been stopped from going to a job in alaska. was wondering is their any info on if that is true he attempted to fly again after he had been stopped the first time to fly for the job in alaska.

just trying to get the facts on this case. i just feel sorry for this kid. i believe the FBI sort of coached him into being a "terrorist". to me this is entrapment. just sad the FBI could have let the poor guy do some work in alaska make some money and maybe the kid could do some good. thats what they do make the guy desperate and broke then come in two months later coaching him to do what ever.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I do not understand your sympathy for this man. From what I can tell and, hopefully the evidence will continue to show, he was given plenty of opportunity to back out of his plan to blow up men, women and children. It appears that your distrust of the FBI is influencing your emotions.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Poor kid? Haha. He wasn't going to do any good. There are lots of people that don't have work right now. They aren't considering killing innocent civilians because they have nothing else going for them. Supposedly the FBI also tried to talk him out of it. Either way he was seeking this out, that's how they got in touch with him. And worst of all, he pulled the trigger on that bomb, he went all the way through with it, he made the phone call. They didn't make him do that.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Yeah, a team of FBI agents, with all the tools that our near totalitarian state has to offer, could get you to do anything they set their minds on having you do. You can deny it but your denial only shows your ignorance

How can trust any part of the intelligence office ???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just appealing to his inner nastiness.. nothing earthshattering really. If there is anyting such as these mind control things I see on so many threads, a person first has to harbor the proclivity for these things before they can be influenced. This kid is no innocent. Besides, he has funny terrorist eyebrows.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adam76

Um.. no. Could they get you to purchase bomb parts and send them to a bomb maker for assembly? Could the FBI get you to attempt to kill innocent civilians? Are you that weak minded that suggestion would make you kill women and children?
edit on 28-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
all sting operations are essentially entrapment, especially when you purposely facilitate the potential crime. id like to see the emails that were sent between the kid and this supposed jihad recruiter and the emails that were sent by the FBI in between. im almost certain that without the 'help' of the FBI this kid would have gotten no further than talking to the recruiter and having convictions. has there been any statement from the kid or his lawyer yet?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by adam76

Um.. no. Could they get you to purchase bomb parts and send them to a bomb maker for assembly? Could the FBI get you to attempt to kill innocent civilians? Are you that weak minded that suggestion would make you kill women and children?

police lure in horny men to get in a hotel room with a 'prostitute' and the second anything sexual is agreed to be paid for they bust the guy. thats totally screwed up. i can understand them putting up surveillance on hookers and then waiting for a legitimate act of prostitution to occur, but actually putting out your own army of false prostitutes to purposely infiltrate men's weaknesses? why not make the effort to strengthen men rather than degrade them for your own benefit. making criminals out of people is not the same as stopping the criminal in people.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Something I noticed in that news too, is that they said the FBI agent suggested to this kid that he might want to spread Islam and help the cause overseas. Then later on told this kid that he knew somebody who could build the bomb for him, this kid didn't know that the FBI was the one building the bomb and that it was fake.

This to me clearly shows that the kid was set up.

I am wondering what his parents are thinking, after learning that FBI had been putting ideas on their kid's brain and then eventually framing him up.

It could have been any minor kid.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Please. Some of you feel sorry for this guy?

Let's see... he thought living in the US was a sin. He began thinking of pursuing jihad at age 15. At age 17 he began to plan for carrying out a "mumbai style" attack. At 19 he in fact followed through with what he thought would be mass murder/terror.

"To my parents, who held me back from Jihad in the cause of Allah. I say to them, if you make allies with the enemy, then Allah's power will ask you about that on the day of judgment ...," Mohamud said in the video, according to court documents.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Getting you to pay for sex with a woman is completely different than getting you to bomb a bunch of innocents.

Though I agree the prositute stings are kind of a waste of tax payer money. Luring a possible terrorist in to see if he would go through with it should get get the chance is fair to me. He could have walked away and not made that detonation phone call, but he did it. So had he somehow gotten a hold of a real weapon, he would have gone through with it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Please. Some of you feel sorry for this guy?

Let's see... he thought living in the US was a sin. He began thinking of pursuing jihad at age 15. At age 17 he began to plan for carrying out a "mumbai style" attack. At 19 he in fact followed through with what he thought would be mass murder/terror.

"To my parents, who held me back from Jihad in the cause of Allah. I say to them, if you make allies with the enemy, then Allah's power will ask you about that on the day of judgment ...," Mohamud said in the video, according to court documents.

Its kind of like when a kid gets caught scewing the neighbors dog and killing grandmothers to see how it felt to kill someone. A bunch of folks will come out in public to say " but he was such a good boy" .

His sentiments were already evident well before anyone got to him and helped his murderous delusions play out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

What are you talking about? It couldn't have been any minor kid?! They didn't just pick this kid at random, they got in touch because he was already seeking guidance from radicals. We are lucky the FBI are the ones that took him up on his offer.

Of course he didn't know the FBI was the one building the bomb, but he still asked someone to build it. What if it had been someone else and it have been a functioning one? Then when he called in the detonation we would have a bunch of dead people at a tree lighting ceremony in Oregon.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seems like most people are forgetting that this kid is a MINOR. Do you really think it is alright that FBI is talking to your minor children and "suggesting" things??? Specially without you knowing??? This is is the issue here, the word was "suggested", who knows if it was a "mere suggestion" or "professional brainwashing". Again we are talking about a minor here.

For G's sake they aren't even allowed to buy beer but it's alright that FBI chats with them and put stuffs in their brain????

Like I said, it could have been any kid.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Since when is 19 years old, a minor?

edit on 28-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boniknik
Seems like most people are forgetting that this kid is a MINOR. Do you really think it is alright that FBI is talking to your minor children and "suggesting" things??? Specially without you knowing??? This is is the issue here, the word was "suggested", who knows if it was a "mere suggestion" or "professional brainwashing". Again we are talking about a minor here.

For G's sake they aren't even allowed to buy beer but it's alright that FBI chats with them and put stuffs in their brain????

Like I said, it could have been any kid.

read again he is NOT a minor and had expressed his sentiments previously.. and loudly.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Please read the news and see how old was he when the FBI started communicating with him.

link   

Again, no it couldn't have been any kid. Re-read my last post. This wasn't just any kid. Not every kid is out trying to fly to the middle east and plan terrorist attacks.

link   
The FBI criminal complaint...

criminal complaint

Put him in a dark hole and leave him there, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 28-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join