It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash Imminent? Corporate Insiders Sell Off Everything Including The Kitchen Sink

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

how long before they sell do they need to report it?

I don't think that having to report would stop them from dumping all their risky stocks before the run on the 7th, that is if their worried bout it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
there was a sudden and large buying of stocks all of the sudden.

Who all of the sudden bought a crapload of stocks?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if you read the comments on the zerohedge article, you'll see that this isn't an increase in insider selling which would imply that this is somewhat normal for this time of year.

insiders must disclose when they plan on buying or selling shares and, as a result, many insiders have planned purchases and sales and this could just be normal, end of year selling, per that schedule.

While it may different on the American markets, I spent some time working for a group of pubco's in Canada, here the officers and directors are required to report, in a timely manner, any transactions (buy or sell) that they have made in the company AFTER those trades have been executed, and not before.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

You mean why the Dow went up so suddenly ?

www.zerohedge.com...
Explains it well enough i think.

I am by no means an expert but i started to check out this economic system we have the past weeks and it is concerning. I could say the "Shizzle is about the Fanz" but that could very well be not be the case because this whole charade is kept up bu the people who believe in it and therefore give it value.

The QE2 , or "printing money to bailout the economy of the USA" seems to not be very beneficial for common man if one looks at the above mentioned post.

The minute the FED has bought bonds with newly printed dollars the whole dow shoots up with the money which is not even actually printed :O , so big investors can make a buck and i guess it is supposed to trickle down so the whole country and economy can benefit from it ...

I am no expert ..FAR far faaar from it , but it seems to me this is how it works

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
how long before they sell do they need to report it?

Time of filing
A.at the time of the registration of such security on a national securities exchange or by the effective date of a registration statement filed pursuant to section 12(g);

B.within 10 days after he or she becomes such beneficial owner, director, or officer;

C.if there has been a change in such ownership, or if such person shall have purchased or sold a security-based swap agreement (as defined in section 206(b) of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (15 U.S.C. 78c note)) involving such equity security, before the end of the second business day following the day on which the subject transaction has been executed, or at such other time as the Commission shall establish, by rule, in any case in which the Commission determines that such 2-day period is not feasible.

taft.law.uc.edu...

As to the second part of your post, which I lost thanks to my cutting and pasting the above, any insider who buys, or sells, in violation of the requirements for insider trading, would risk fines, jail, loss of position etc so I doubt they'd throw caution to the wind

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseone

The minute the FED has bought bonds with newly printed dollars the whole dow shoots up with the money which is not even actually printed :O , so big investors can make a buck and i guess it is supposed to trickle down so the whole country and economy can benefit from it
This seems like pouring hot water on a teabag that has been used to make three cups of tea already.

It has lost its shizzle.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Why December first? Wouldnt they wait till after all the Christmas purchases? Also when I read this post, my date on my comp was December 1st. I fixed it but have never had the date wrong so I took it as some kind of warning...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't know if this could add weight to this but I've just searched google trends?
No mention of wikileaks or financial situations?
Normal or not?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am under the impression that these folks
know the Dec. 7 Bank Run is coming and
are getting rid of their stocks in exchange
for cash so they can survive afterward.

It's anticipation of the bank run

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Why December first? Wouldnt they wait till after all the Christmas purchases? Also when I read this post, my date on my comp was December 1st. I fixed it but have never had the date wrong so I took it as some kind of warning...

Actually the eve before the first .I will clarify with specific information after the event takes place .I have posted cryptic messages and forwarded statements to people who will be wittnesses to my information and that I have forseen the event to the day ,the month and ,the hour and the minute .Thankyou for your reply , your intuition is correct and justified .Symbolicly Christmas will be involved .Pray I am wrong .

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Thankyou for your insights, I am intuiting your reaction or response. could you U2U me with more info please and we can discuss my situation.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by ac647
nothing to worry about.

I challange you to come back here Wednesday morning and say that friend .
Go on dare ya !

I'll take you up on that offer to make a fool of another disillusioned pseudo prophet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There is no pre-notification requirement on insider sales..

Who are "Insiders":

Corporate officers, directors, and 10% owners

What is "Insider Trading":

Corporate insiders buy and sell stock in their own companies

Insider Trading Law:

Short-swing profits (profits realized in any period less than six months) by corporate insiders in their own corporation's stock are prohibited.

Insider transactions must be reported to the SEC by filing a FORM 4 within two business days of the date the transaction occurred (2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act)

Link

Notice that today, Nov 29, was a double Fed POMO day (QE-2). Primary dealers, flush with newly created $ surreptitiously pump-up the market on the Fed's behalf.

POMO Schedule

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

this may sound l.ike a silly question, but what does that mean?

i'm under the impression that the fed is buyingh stock up to keep the markets going for a little while longer untill they have the right astrological line up, when the times right they'll pull that crittical card out and bring the house down.... or something like that??

nufflove

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

The NY Fed does maintain a trading desk, but the direct purchase of equities (stocks) remains outside the Fed's [legal] charter. So the Fed is attempting to support asset prices (stocks & real estate) by providing additional liquidity to the banking system through the outright purchase of treasuries...politely known as QE-2. The theory being that investors "feel" wealthier as stock values increase, and that this "wealth effect" will ultimately result in increased consumer spending/economic recovery. Effectively, QE-2 amounts to a risky psychological experiment, with negative implications for the world's reserve currency, long term interest rates, and future commodity prices.....should it backfire.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The market seems to be in a down trend now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arthurium

the same sort of down trend as just before 9/11?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

so buy the sounds of it they are just prolonging the illusion.. stinging it out.

i'm sure the end result will be a tad more of a headache than your post made out.... or was that what you were saying?lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Perhaps the insiders just know that the market has reached it's approximate peak and from here will plateau for an indeterminate time period and then crash sometime between now and maybe a year from now? If that is the case then the logical thing would be to get out now because there would be no benefit in the relative near term and a great deal of risk of a big loss when the crash happens.

While given that scenario the markets could still recover and years from now regain to today's levels and move much higher, if it were known of an imminent crash, the insiders could get there money out now, wait for the crash then buy during that dip and watch their wealth grow as the market regains strength.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join