It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'must be stopped': Arab leaders pushed U.S. to attack, WikiLeaks disclosures show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Iran 'must be stopped': Arab leaders pushed U.S. to attack, WikiLeaks disclosures show

www.latimes.com

Leaders of the oil-rich Arabian Peninsula monarchies repeatedly have beseeched the United States to attack Iran and take out its nuclear facilities, according to a series of classified diplomatic cables released to news organizations by the website Wikileaks.

King Abdallah of Saudi Arabia and King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa of Bahrain, which hosts the U.S. Fifth Fleet, were among the Arab leaders lobbying the U.S. for an attack on Iran. One Saudi official reminded Americans that the king had repe
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.reuters.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am kind of surprised to see that most of the Middle Eastern countries are afraid of Iran.

Why would the Saudi king repeatedly warn America to "cut off the head of the snake" before it was too late??

Why would they want America to attack Iran so badly??

Could it be that Iran actually poses a threat to the stability of the region??

Or is this just more propaganda preparing us for an attack on Iran??

Your thoughts??

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The news report is merely an over dramatisation over the new wikileaks post, if you care to read it yourself its hardly worth discussing but also king (whatever his name is "abah makethebed" something like that) is later compared to nothing less than a modern day Hitler by the respective embassy there

edit on 28/11/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is damage limitation.Picking items out that are of use and over senstationlising them to the advantages of the powers that be... Further since it was the saudis that have been finding al qaeda. whom are we supporting?
It really blurs the lines...
kx

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I thought some would try to bury the story and just play off the significance of the information. Bahrain also thought attacking Iran was a good idea. Tough neighborhood the ME is eh?

Another source
WikiLeaks: Mideast nations urged strike on Iran

During a meeting on Nov. 4, 2009, between Bahrain's King Hamad and U.S. Gen. David Petraeus, the king argued forcefully for U.S. action against Iran, saying: "That program must be stopped. The danger of letting it go on is greater than the danger of stopping it." Read more: www.cbc.ca...

edit on 28-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My thoughts are simple...

This is -your- backyard...why don't -you- attack iran

the whole flipping world, from what the leaks are showing so far, is telling America to attack Iran.

here is a thought...let someone else take the heat for a change...we are broke...we want to get out of the damned sandbox and simply make movies and cheeseburgers for a couple dozen years...have at it yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
After reading the posting that was printed, the US federal government is correct, this is going to be far more damaging than anyone could have anticipated. You see, the problem is that in these files, it is naming names, countries, people. Things that should have been kept on the low down and never released, or even thought about, have now come to the light and it is going to come around and hurt a lot more than anyone could have. First thing is that as long as there is no implications of China in this, then it will force Iran to deal more with China and other rogue nations. As it specifically mentions and has embarrassing situations for some of the Arab states, they very well put out a hit on the leader of Wikileaks, if not demand that he be turned over to them. The damage is done now, and this is going to go badly. By publishing this, it is going to set back any changes in Iran that could have happened, by giving the current regime ammunition to not only keep power but remain, as well as, get the Iranian people on their side. It will give the countries that are against the US ammunition to use against the United States, and damages the creditability. The United States already has a bad PR image with far too many countries, and is no longer being viewed as a strong power by its allies. This is going to further put fractures in the ties that are already stretched thin.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

I am kind of surprised to see that most of the Middle Eastern countries are afraid of Iran.

All are my opinions of course....ME countries aren't so much *afraid* of Iran, but are in the middle of Iran and Israel--therefore one bombs the other with nukes--well you get the picture; most of them don't like Iran...Iran is Persian; not Arab; the only ME countries that like them are: Syria off the top of my head, and the factions Hamas and Hezbollah?

Why would the Saudi king repeatedly warn America to "cut off the head of the snake" before it was too late??

Maybe the Saudi King is actually "the head of the snake"? and is projecting this on to Iran....?

Why would they want America to attack Iran so badly??
Because of the belief that US created a lot of problems in Iraq; and Iran has provided insurgents/aid

Could it be that Iran actually poses a threat to the stability of the region??
Yes, they already have in my mind! Although the danger, I believe, is the Supreme Leader

Or is this just more propaganda preparing us for an attack on Iran??
could be as well!

edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wouldn't that be novel? The main reason so many countries want the US to attack Iran is so they can look like they were not involved. Plus the US is normally the crap magnet. You know how the US is the big bad bully to the rest of the world, if we attacked Iran imagine how many other countries would demonize the attack. These leaks have shown us quite a bit about how the world powers do things behind closed doors.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmm.. I will admit, all these WL leaks do seem to be Iran oriented. Do you think maybe they were controlled cable releases to garner support of a war with Iran. As Americans, it is true, we are more likely to support a war if it is the will of a lot of people. Honestly not just our own needs, but seeing that the a lot of the ME agrees, it actually had me supporting the idea.. until I realized I was being manipulated.

Or maybe they were intended to make Iran really really paranoid.
What would these countries have to gain? Maybe just cash money from the U.S.?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I for one am glad cooler heads had prevailed and we did not attack Iran.
Doesn't improve our image though. Even though in private behind closed doors there was a cheering section from the ME for such an attack.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Doesn't improve our image though. Even though in private behind closed doors there was a cheering section from the ME for such an attack.

If this is reference to Bahrain and the Saudis what else would be the expected from the "cheering section". Seriously? They are huge paid off US allies, christ the foreign minister of Bahrain served under the Carter administration. If that doesn't scream puppet I don't know what does. That said I concur though that it is good to see that the US hasn't, as of yet, gone into Iran, its puzzling but good

brill
edit on 28-11-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

UAE, Al Arabiya Saudia, Bahrain -- are all doing fairly well financial-wise, and all 3 are supposedly making these claims for the US to attack Iran--

If all the information is legit, then you could see where if US is viewed as "pushed"; but well-compensated by the ME, in her times of financial need, then....

I don't even want to think about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ofcourse nobody wants Iran around. It is merely common knowledge that Middle Eastern countries feel more threatened by Iran than any other neighbor, say, Israel for example.

The only countries that are politically OK with Iran are Syria, which is basically an Iranian minion-state,
Lebanon, which is almost completely in political control of Hizbollah, being an Iranian proxy organization,
Turkey that is simply pissed for not getting into the EU so it looks for another clique to hang with, and Hamas' Gaza which is more or less OK with everything that is openly against USA, Israel, or anything not Islamic.

But ofcourse, whomever lived by the hysteria filled news agencies that only report the evildoings of the evil Israeli regime (while ignoring "normal" stuff that's going on in the Middle East like you know, public hanging of homosexuals and "sinners", arms/legs removal of cheating husbands/wives and stoning of those aswell, general dehumanization of women, and an endless list of "simple", "normal" stuff that downright piss on the very idea of human rights
), are seeing this as a scam. Ofcourse they do, they don't even know what's going on in the ME for real but only what the extreme leftist journalism have chosen to show them.

..The same people are the ones that cry out about how the mainstream media brainwashes everyone. (
:@@

I suppose WikiLeaks is only considered a reliable source as long as it criticizes USA or Israel. Anything else than that automatically makes it a hoax, a masterplan of "the powers that be" (:@@
, disinfo or what-not.
edit on 28-11-2010 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Ofcourse nobody wants Iran around. It is merely common knowledge that Middle Eastern countries feel more threatened by Iran than any other neighbor, say, Israel for example.

Are those the same countries that are heavily financed and armed by the US taxpayer? Just curious.

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
But ofcourse, whomever lived by the hysteria filled news agencies that only report the evildoings of the evil Israeli regime (while ignoring "normal" stuff like public hanging done in Iran
), are seeing this as a scam.

Sorta like ignoring the "normal" public decapitations in the oppressive region of Saudi Arabia?

brill

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Haha.. nice example. You can't really make a point using Israel... Israeli guy. What is your solution for Iran?
I think Iran and Israel have the same problem, bad leadership running their countries at the cost of their innocent civilians happiness and safety.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Are those the same countries that are heavily financed and armed by the US taxpayer? Just curious.

Nope, every country that is simply not an Iranian influenced proxy.

Originally posted by brill
Sorta like ignoring the "normal" public decapitations in the oppressive region of Saudi Arabia?

Of-course. What makes you think I'm out to defend Saudi Arabia? Heh.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Haha.. nice example. You can't really make a point using Israel... Israeli guy. What is your solution for Iran?
I think Iran and Israel have the same problem, bad leadership running their countries at the cost of their innocent civilians happiness and safety.

I can make a point using whatever I desire, and my solution for Iran is clearly not suitable for this forum. It simply isn't worth the effort of typing because there are too many biased opinions around here, not to mention people that will automatically count out my opinion just because I have an Israeli handle.

Anyhow, both regimes are silly, yet the Israeli regime is secular - the Iranian regime is basically led astray by a religious madman and is as far as possible than anything secular. That is what actually makes all the difference, not just literally.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Am I the only one who seems to detect a bit of disappointment in most of the first posts that the United States wasn't made out to be the bad guy?
I'm loving every minute of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
Am I the only one who seems to detect a bit of disappointment in most of the first posts that the United States wasn't made out to be the bad guy?
I'm loving every minute of it.

Lol yeah, you're not the only one.
I won't be surprised if in a couple of days, the majority of ATS will pull a 180 and say this is all an American plot from the get go.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
--double post--

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join