It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U of G 'strip mob' protests death of climate bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

U of G 'strip mob' protests death of climate bill

news.guelphmercury.com

GUELPH — About a dozen University of Guelph students stripped down to their skivvies Thursday to protest the death of Bill C-311, the Climate Accountability Act that passed the House of Commons but was killed by the Senate last week.

These so-called strip mob demonstrations seem to be gaining traction worldwide as a way to draw attention to climate change and environmental issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Protesting in Guelph really isn't anything new but they pretty much stripped down in protest due to the Climate Accountability Act.

But the sad thing is Global Warming really doesn't exist if you look at the activity on the sun, last month I went to Central Park Zoo with a few friends it was a warm day, and there was an active sun cycle from the 21st to 26th.

I guess one side of science doesn't really like to work with the science of space and the weather in space.

news.guelphmercury.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My only thoughts...

For a flash mob that was pretty pants (pun intended).

Needs more people, needs to be spread out through the venue.

Interesting method for an interesting and valid cause, but they fail on effect.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That was weak. 12 people does not make a mob.

Also, one of them was holding a sign that said, "Carbon Tax Me". WTF? These kids are completely clueless as to what a sham carbon taxing/carbon credits is.

Yeah, let's tax an element from the periodic table. That's the answer. What next, oxygen taxes? Nitrogen taxes?

These kids have spirit, but unfortunately, no brains.
edit on 28-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sadly I don't live far from this turd blossom of a town. The majority of the people there are deluded and follow the hippy mantra to a whole new level. Added to which the local university is a breeding ground for more like thinkers. The bill was introduced by yet another misaligned individual by the name of jack layton, a person who's best work is served on a used car lot.

The bill itself is an outline of how not to introduce effective change. Rather than target countries that mass produce not only pollution and excessive CO2 levels (India, China ?) these fools think its better to target far less producing regions whilst creating another tax grab and causing more unnecessary disruptions.

To the students, go back to starbucks, get your free wifi and live the dream.

brill
edit on 28-11-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Yea sadly its true, a lot of these students vote for the left when it comes to a mayor and council, but with a city like Guelph there comes many issues, Farbridge (the mayor likes wasting money and playing both sides however a lot of people don't see things like that)

we know these kids are being fooled but with lack of carbon it gives plants a difficult time to thrive. But it seems a lot of protesters really don't know what is going on the efforts are not going to get far. If it was 200 then...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2008
reply to post by brill

Yea sadly its true, a lot of these students vote for the left when it comes to a mayor and council, but with a city like Guelph there comes many issues, Farbridge (the mayor likes wasting money and playing both sides however a lot of people don't see things like that)

we know these kids are being fooled but with lack of carbon it gives plants a difficult time to thrive. But it seems a lot of protesters really don't know what is going on the efforts are not going to get far. If it was 200 then...

I have read some of their local initiatives and sure if you can keep more garbage out of landfill, that's great. What's worse is that university students should be able to apply reason and think for themselves instead of being spoon fed. The media is very left and doesn't provide anywhere near a counter balance for the other side, those people are simply labeled as the problem and should not be heard from.

I agree with your other post very much, the sun is a major influence on what is happening. Maybe jack layton can use his inflated head/ego to block it out ??

thanks for you reply.
brill
edit on 28-11-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know I am gonna get bashed for it but I think with the Fox News North and the change of SunTV it might change personal opinions on some people here, I don't like the Mercury that much, mostly filler. But if you notice Guelph seems to be very bias against conservatives.

Though the Mayor and Council seem to flip flop. James Gordon was someone who ran a citizens group called the Guelph Civic Leage to try and take down the Quarrie administration, it was a right leaning council, and they influenced people to vote for the center left and left leaning mayor, as they sent out pamphlets and pretty much everyone voted for Farbridge. She has wasted money, put the city nearly 10 million in the red, cut services and not done a single thing for the city

4 years later Farbridge is back in, with a more center based council, however Farbridge seems to backstab the person who brought her in, James Gordon the same one was protecting the urban forest by chaning himself and a few others to a tree a few days ago, and well the mayor allowed the trees to get cut to make way for a new transit terminal.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know I am gonna get bashed for it but I think with the Fox News North and the change of SunTV it might change personal opinions on some people here, I don't like the Mercury that much, mostly filler. But if you notice Guelph seems to be very bias against conservatives.

Though the Mayor and Council seem to flip flop. James Gordon was someone who ran a citizens group called the Guelph Civic Leage to try and take down the Quarrie administration, it was a right leaning council, and they influenced people to vote for the center left and left leaning mayor, as they sent out pamphlets and pretty much everyone voted for Farbridge. She has wasted money, put the city nearly 10 million in the red, cut services and not done a single thing for the city

4 years later Farbridge is back in, with a more center based council, however Farbridge seems to backstab the person who brought her in, James Gordon the same one was protecting the urban forest by chaning himself and a few others to a tree a few days ago, and well the mayor allowed the trees to get cut to make way for a new transit terminal.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

You are absolutely correct! They changed it from Global Warming to Climate Change after the leading scientist were caught "fixing" the data. The data actually showed a cooling trend across the globe. When they changed the name, I was amazed! I thought.....no kidding.....I woke up and the temp outside was 44 degrees and then it was 70 by 2 pm. Technically, that is climate change. There is this little thing named the "sun" that has large 12 year cycles. Maybe, we humans have contributed to the negative environment effects we are seeing, but I am willing to say that our contribution is no more than 5% of the total effect. Krakatoa put off 400 times more carbon dioxide than we have since the industrial revolution started till right now! Obviously, the planet didn't melt. This new generation is being brain washed through media and the progressive classrooms across the world!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Nothing says "I am an informed, intelligent person with a solid grip on reality" more convincingly than dancing on a table and taking your clothes off in public.

new topics

top topics

join