It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummified Egyptian Boy Found to be Dressed as a Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Why was this ancient Egyptian boy dressed as a girl?

Source

Saw this article when looking for some news about that Chinese 'urgent' news and I found it interesting.

Apparently the mummified remains of a young boy, age 4 or 5, was found to be dressed as if he was a female under the wraps. There seems to be no indication of why this was, but internal biological scans have confirmed the sex as male yet he was wearing female adornments such as breast cones.

Has anyone else read of something similar?
I really dont know why this would be. Perhaps he had some sort of genetic disease or physical malformationthat was not able to be detected 1700 years ago. Perhaps he appeard to be a she as far as a physical examination and therefore was dressed as such.

Check it out, its short but an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Who knows.

Maybe the lad suffered from gender identity.

Who's to say it didn't happen back then ?

All we can do is speculate.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Intersexed in some way.,

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

4 or 5 years old seems a little young to me to have a diagnosis of gender identity disorder.

Im not too sure on what the age range is for a disease like that. My thoughts on the topic are that there was some sort of physical deformity that made the male organs appear more like female.

I could be way off base here though. It could be something as simple as the family always wanted a daughter so they treated their son as such, or even some sort of display that was deity related.

I really have no idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

duplicate post
edited
edit on 28-11-2010 by youdidntseeme because: duplicate

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maybe there was a mix-up at the mummification factory.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe, just like modern times, asian families usually have the youngest male in the family dress and live as a girl. it still happens in Thailand.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Could it be that they had to hide the identity of the child? A threat to a throne perhaps? Could it also be possible that the child was a hermaphrodite? Just asking?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My thoughts are that the child's genitalia was stuck inside his body still, giving him the appearance of a female, and so they thought he was female.

Or.

He was not dressed as a girl at all. Scientists may think that garb is for women, but it may in fact be for sex slaves or something entirely different.

Those are going to be your two most probable causes, in my opinion.
edit on 28-11-2010 by againuntodust because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

It is more than reasonable to believe that perhaps the anthropologists have it wrong.
Maybe the garb isnt female at all and just a family tradition.
Many families have traditions that may or may not be in step with the rest of culture.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Did you know that in England Boys were once called Girls and were dressed in Pink?

There was a complete shift in mentality a century ago and no one really quite knows why.

Pink was viewed as a masculine color and blue was feminine.

There's every possibility the same has happened in every nation many times over throughout history.

That's why.

edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well that answersmy questions entirely

Perhaps the shift in mentality was due to some Egyptian relics!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join