It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks starting to smell funny

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is kinda strange that WikiLeaks will expose the government on the same day as South Korea and US are starting their military exercise.
Maybe it isn't an exercise at all, it could be them preparing for what might happen when the US government is exposed.??

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Your thought experiment is not related to what I am saying...what your saying is exactly the kind of stuff that should be exposed if it is out there.

I am talking about diplomatic chat sessions that the world needs not know about...the releasing info about the he said/she said simply to sew anger, racism, and indignation.

Expose crimes...great...expose backroom chat sessions and people insulting one another face to face or behind each others back...not great...stupid, and wreckless.

If you support this, then you should, by default, support someone releasing your personal phone conversations for the world to dissect and judge you on..
Private chit chat, positive or negative, is simply private chit chat...and should be not seen or heard..be it your a truck driver, or dictator.

If there is a point behind it...great..if it exposes some massive criminal element...then sure..but just the general yack sessions and smack talk in diplomacy...that needs to be removed before release.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Since when was it in ats's terms of agreement to be able to call each other losers in a thread???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
Since when was it in ats's terms of agreement to be able to call each other losers in a thread???

Give it a bit of time...I imagine all of their posts will be removed and a few warnings handed out.

Kids...if you cant play nice, then simply don't play with each other

hmm...sort of ironic...the wikileaks exposes diplomacy as a sham...and diplomacy in a thread discussing wikileaks breaks down.

I bet someone could start a thread on that in itself...the manipulation of wikileaks on the world..some sort of population experiment...
hmm...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I think the mantra of wikileaks is now one thing...Trust nothing at face value, always investigate, and assume agendas. Seems that is a good plan...and what better place than to start than the organization that is spreading that meme...wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I am very suspect of WL. Note that Netanyahu has already come out to state that Israel has nothing to worry about from the leaks. We all know that's because Israel is beyond reproach

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to catch wise to just how controlled WL is after this "dump".

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wikileaks is a place where people in high places can lay of the terrible secrets they live with every day.

Thank god for wikileaks...

I see no reason for questioning wikileaks before there is a reason.. they have not shown any lies yet, cant see why they should start now.

Its talk like "are we sure we can trush this source" the world leaders that know these dirty secrets fansy alot.. then they just add more fuel to the fire.. and wikeleaks is no more.. please support wiki instead

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I think the mantra of wikileaks is now one thing...Trust nothing at face value, always investigate, and assume agendas. Seems that is a good plan...and what better place than to start than the organization that is spreading that meme...wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I am very suspect of WL. Note that Netanyahu has already come out to state that Israel has nothing to worry about from the leaks. We all know that's because Israel is beyond reproach

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to catch wise to just how controlled WL is after this "dump".

That is interesting.
I am not an anti-semite...I find most of those anti zionist conspiracys wacky and stupid...however, why would israel feel in the clear...what do they know?

it could lead someone to wonder and start drawing conclusions (valid or not).

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
reply to post by wcitizen

Youve let that moron displace your attention. Read my 2nd post to this thread, Im saying someone that is likely INNOCENT and rather YOUNG seems to be the scapegoat for this release of information, and its not right.

I object to anyone calling another poster a moron.

I didn't read all of your second post, because after reading your first sentence, quote:
"Did you read my thoughts at all? did the dumb dork that starred you read what I said?"
I didn't continue reading it.

I agree that BM may be being scapegoated. But assuming he is the source of the info about to be released adds to that. We have no confirmation that this is the same source as the Iraq/Afghanistan files, nor even, really, any undeniable proof that BM was the source of any of the previous docs, although there is certainly info which alleges that may have been the case for the war files.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
they have not shown any lies yet, cant see why they should start now.

Not about lying...its about what truths you show that may lead to an understanding of your intent.

Keep in mind, the Devil does not lie...he knows and uses the bible to convert souls..all in what you present and how.

Truth can be used to further any agenda...always question the underlying motive of any organization..be it government, corporation, or "news" outlet.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

That is interesting.
I am not an anti-semite...I find most of those anti zionist conspiracys wacky and stupid...however, why would israel feel in the clear...what do they know?

it could lead someone to wonder and start drawing conclusions (valid or not).

Israel is the user of double speak and lies par excellence, so Netanyahu could also be saying they know they are untouchable, so they don't give a damn about what is exposed.

It won't be long now before we see what IS included.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Youve let that moron displace your attention. Read my 2nd post to this thread, Im saying someone that is likely INNOCENT and rather YOUNG seems to be the scapegoat for this release of information, and its not right.

I didn't read all of your second post, because after reading your first sentence, quote:
"Did you read my thoughts at all? did the dumb dork that starred you read what I said?"

I agree that BM may be being scapegoated. But assuming he is the source of the info about to be released adds to that. We have no confirmation that this is the same source as the Iraq/Afghanistan files, nor even, really, any undeniable proof that BM was the source of any of the previous docs, although there is certainly info which alleges that may have been the case for the war files.

First post - article
Second post - my thoughts on the article

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant the 2nd post of this entire thread. Anyone who gives sentinel a star should lose their star priviledge, the guy is obviously trolling, and trolling HARD. He even admitted it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ukranianmike
It is kinda strange that WikiLeaks will expose the government on the same day as South Korea and US are starting their military exercise.
Maybe it isn't an exercise at all, it could be them preparing for what might happen when the US government is exposed.??

Along the lines of: Let's create a Major, Major distraction! Any excuse to start a war will do, just so long as they can start a war somewhere!
edit on 28-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

First post - article
Second post - my thoughts on the article

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant the 2nd post of this entire thread. Anyone who gives sentinel a star should lose their star priviledge, the guy is obviously trolling, and trolling HARD. He even admitted it

You referred me specifically to your second post, so that's what I referred to in my reply.
I'm not interested in your ad hominem attacks and attempts to belittle another poster.
You make no reply, however, to the valid point I made re your assumption about BM.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

In other words, YOU gave him the star? Well, in that case, I stand by my sentiment, that you should lose your starring privys for... like an hour! Starring a troll should have consequences

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ive already made my case about BM, you not reading it doesnt mean I need to reitterate it. Sorry

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Israel is the user of double speak and lies par excellence, so Netanyahu could also be saying they know they are untouchable, so they don't give a damn about what is exposed.

It won't be long now before we see what IS included.

Well ya...but all politicians worldwide can say that.
I would guess that no matter what is in the leaks...what will come of it is a whole hell of alot of nothing...and the media spin machine worldwide will have the public not even care about the material, but rather, be annoyed that wikileaks is trying to rip apart nations for kicks and griefing.

That is how I would work it if I was leading a nation...I talked to my neighbors and they are pretty much all either unaware of it, or are a bit annoyed at wikileaks more than anything for doing this

average sentiment: Loose lips sink ships.

I would bet that almost all news networks in the west will not even talk about the leaks material verses talk about the irresponsibility of leaking...altering the publics opinion of how wikileaks is bad without knowing what they even released..
and the only people that will be "in the know" are the weird conspiracy people whom decided to look past cnn and fox news and instead read what is actually in the report...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yep, I mean HOW long can countries threaten each other, shoot missiles at each other, and try to prove that they are stronger than their enemies, without going to WAR? The way things are happening right now Sooner or later we all know WW3 can and will happen(hopefully not).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join