It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 6 Female Action Heroes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here I have compiled a list of my favourite female action heroes or heroines if you will. Some of these are classic characters from movies I loved as a kid, and others are more contemporary, but non the less bad ass and deadly!

Without further adieu let us begin...

Number 6: The Silk Spectre

The Silk Spectre AKA Laurie Juspeczyk, daughter of Sally Jupiter the original incarnation of the Spectre, and the Comedian Edward Blake. She walks into the dragon's layer without so much as the blink of an eye. Her past may be muddy and troubled, but this only adds to her furious countenance. She is athletic, deadly, and dangerously sexy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74f16de2aac8.jpg[/atsimg]

Number 5: Avatar's Neytiri

What can I say? A 10-foot-tall, blue-skinned, sapient humanoid, who can shoot arrows with deadly precision, swing from the highest treetops like a trapeze acrobat, and stalks the forests of Pandora with all the elegance and grace of a ballerina. Is it weird that I think she's kinda hot? Probably...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee0308098591.jpg[/atsimg]

Number 4: Hit Girl

Number 4 was a tough call between Hit Girl and Trinity, and I'm still not convinced I got it right. Hit Girl is the daughter of Big Daddy, she has extensive knowledge of a wide range of weaponry, and the deadly precision of a seasoned special forces operative. She is hell bent on avenging the death of her mother. Favourite bit in the movie when she uses the strobe light whilst rescuing her dad.

Just awesome!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb473626aab5.jpg[/atsimg]

Number 3: Tinity

Trinity is a human awakened from a mechanically imposed dream world. She chooses to use her new found freedom to help others trapped in the Matrix. With the knowledge obtained since her emancipation, Trinity can warp the laws of physics to her own will, dodge bullets, use a wide range of weapons, fighting styles, and just all round kick rectum. She is virtually invulnerable.

Her only weakness?.. Agents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c776c191562a.jpg[/atsimg]

Number 2: Ripley

Number 2 needs no introduction really. A real woman who also happens to be hard as nails. After dealing with her first Xenomorph encounter all on her own (due to her lame crew mates). Ripley's journey to become one of the greatest action heroes male or female began. I have chosen to represent Ripley's character from Aliens this is when she showed herself to be an on-screen legend. She can operate a powerloader with a Class-2 rating, pick up weapons operation at the drop of a hat, fly a massive commercial spaceship, and talk smack to Mother Aliens.

"Leave her alone you b*tch!"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec18c05b09db.jpg[/atsimg]

Number 1: Sarah Connor

For my number 1 spot I have chosen the legendary Sarah Connor. She is the mother of the future leader of the resistance against the machines (phew that's a tricky one to say). Undoubtedly built for the kill, Sarah Connor has extensive knowledge of a wide range of weaponry, training which is clearly influenced by Mossad, and the determination to see her mission through at all costs.

She has battled her own personal demons in the face of immeasurable odds, and most importantly she was true to herself right to the end. Never relinquishing her role as a mother, and the sole guardian of John Connor. Troubled by Earth shattering nightmares, this is a woman haunted by the future, yet in spite of this somehow she still manages to maintain a sensitive and beautiful attitude to the world around her.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba4b027eaaa.jpg[/atsimg]

No Fate But What We Make!

----------

Hope you guys enjoyed my list if you have any others feel free to post them up. Although I'm not sure you can top Sarah Connor...

edit on 28-11-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add paragraphs and spacing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Your list was too short! You forgot Eowyn from 'Lord of the Rings'.

Selene from 'Underworld'

edit on 28-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Nope, you cannot top Sarah Connor !!

edit on 28-11-2010 by uk today because: Naughty youtube !!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Good call! I completely forgot about her. She was awesome, much cooler than Arwen. What was Aragorn thinking?

That is actually one of my favourite scenes in the trilogy! Thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Pointy Eared Fetish I guess. She did kind of rock during the Nazgul Chase.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dudes! you're all forgetting She-Ra!

She-Ra kept my adolescent libido stoked for a long time! I used to fantasize about her spanking me after I brought home a bad grade, or got in trouble in school.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Zazzafraz not on the list?

Anyways, where are Milla Jojovich & Angelina Jolie ?!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I couldn't put them in for fear of the cheese factor getting out of control.

As smoking hot as they are they have to be in a credible movie first! If you mean Leeloo should be in it then I totally agree!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How about this one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2261af303802.jpg[/atsimg]

I can't even remember her name in the movie! But she rocks

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Awesome

Number one for me will always be Ellen Ripley, I love Alien and Aliens. I made a Top 10 List of this a while back for my blog. I can't believe I forgot to put the Silk Specter, totally slipped my mind

n
Top 10 Badass Female Heroes

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think if I remember correctly they don't say her name in the film. It keeps bleeping it out! They call her b*tch but I think it is Beatrice or Beatrix I'm not sure. Good call though the first film is a great amalgamation of Japanese and western cinema! Good soundtrack too!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Just had a read through your list! Was really good! I see we can agree on Trinity in the number 3 position

But Ripley is most definitely one of the best... Got to love her rocking that power loader! She's too cool for school. Me and my bro used to make power loaders out of lego when we were kids

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh Snap! I nearly forgot River!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Olga Kurylenko
3. Halle Berry
4. Emily Browning
5. Milla Jovovich
6. Lucy Lu

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Bride (Uma Thurman) in Kill Bill
Selene (Kate Beckinsdale) in Underworld
Morgan (Geena Davis) in Cutthroat Island, and her role in Long Kiss Goodnight
(Mila Jovavich) in Ultraviolet, Resident Evil, Fifth Element, Messenger
Red Sonja (Bridgette Neilson) or her role in Beverly Hills Cop II
Ripley (Sigorney Weaver) in Alien
Sarah Conner in Terminator
Xena (Lucy Lawless)

I'm a sucker for babes kickin' butt.....

I think if I remember correctly they don't say her name in the film. It keeps bleeping it out! They call her b*tch but I think it is Beatrice or Beatrix I'm not sure. Good call though the first film is a great amalgamation of Japanese and western cinema! Good soundtrack too!

Beatrix Kiddo, aka The Bride, aka Black Mamba

edit on 27-7-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Buffy Summers, aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
kicked everybody's booty.
and totally hot.

top topics

join