It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Thousand Strong English Defence League Demonstration Against Sharia in Preston

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Yes I have just returned from mosque as i am now obliged to do so by my Iman who runs our local village, Now we all live under sharia we have turned the church into a mosque and all the old ladies of the village knit their own burkas, in fact any woman not wearing the burka is stoned to death. Bingo at the bingo club has been replaced by stoning of women. All the old folk seem to love it. Football no longer takes place at the weekend, Instead we have mass prayer to Allah. People no longer drink alcohol anymore as it is against sharia, so weekends no one goes to pubs and clubs anymore. The streets in towns and cities are now dead at the weekend.

Look how sharia has taken over the UK.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Lucid Eyes

Your posting is one of the most pathetic I think i have ever seen...

If your trying to be some sort of agitator then may I suggest you go back to flipping burgers....

Best Regards

PurpleDOG UK
edit on 30-11-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Freedom ERP

I am English born but consider myself to be British and would support and fight alongside any of the other regional ''tribes'' (Scottish, Welsh, N Irish)..

I think sometimes the need for Identity at all costs is one of the greatest causes of division, mis-trust and ultimately conflict.... The world is a big place with many more issues than Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales could ever ''sort out'' individually !!!!

I also propose a BAN on ALL types of religion............. does anybody really need a superior God / Being to tell us what is right and Wrong ? What we should or Should not do ????

We all know what is right and wrong.... let's just get on with it !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I am English and as proud of that as I know that many Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are to be called by their "tribe" name.

I see nothing wrong with "tribes" working together, and that was the power behind the British Empire, but Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have managed to maintain their identity much more that England.

Too many people lump British and England as the same.

If you are proud to be British, great news. I am English first.

I fully agree on banning organised religion. The vast majority of them has caused more suffering that they ever healed. An excellent idea.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Freedom ERP because: Additional Information

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
English first, English second, not British, never European.

I am English, I was born in England. I do not want my tax money being used for Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish spending. I want our own Parliament, accountable to English politicians lead by an English PM. If the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish can have one, why can't we?

Screw the Union, give us our country back.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

How the heck can it be bigoted to be AGAINST stoning a woman to death because she had the misfortune to be raped?

This has everything to do with how ignorant and/or evil the people doing the stoning are. There is NO excuse to do such things; "let the one without sin cast the first stone."

How is it bigoted to be against marrying a 9 year old to an old man?

This however, is a dangerous statement to make because of several factors involved:

1- You are talking about the past and doing so you must be able to relativate. Such a blanc statement shows no such relativation on your part, which in turn nullifies your argument. Only impressionable folk would be moved by such a statement.

2- About the relativating: In those days there weren't nearly as many people around. The notion that children are children until 18 is relatively new. Age 9 was the age girls wed according to law at that time, yet sexual conduct was only allowed at 12(to procreate). It was more about surviving and making sure the next generation was plentiful as in those times this was a battle of survival.(Or do you think your ancestors would never think of touching a girl until she was 18?) Furthermore, in contrast to the 3 year olds who were ready to be wed and have sex - according to another, famous religion - yet you don't whine about that.

As you must have noticed there are several factors that come into play. You can't use history as evidence when you use it out of context.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I see nothing wrong with "tribes" working together, and that was the power behind the British Empire,

Again, you can't make these statements without understanding what you're talking about in the first place. You defeat your own argument with the following statement:

I fully agree on banning organised religion. The vast majority of them has caused more suffering that they ever healed. An excellent idea.

Organized religion was/is interwoven with the British Empire. Do you think the British would have a leg to stand on without the Catholic church? All those tribes you talk about were first pillaged and burned out before they "worked together" by who? The most violent and oppressive organized religion of ALL time.(even though this is not a contest)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
More utter reatrdedness from the EDL

EDL storm KFC board meeting.

face palms all round for this one.

"why are tou taking our rights away"

edit on 30/11/2010 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Organized religion was/is interwoven with the British Empire. Do you think the British would have a leg to stand on without the Catholic church? All those tribes you talk about were first pillaged and burned out before they "worked together" by who? The most violent and oppressive organized religion of ALL time.(even though this is not a contest)

Have you studied history? Does the Church of England ring any bells. If you are going to debate me, please get your facts lined up.

I would fully agree with you that the Roman Cathloic church is one the most violent and oppressive organised religion.

And the comments regarding religion came from another poster in this thread and I was agreeing with him, and I would fully accept are outside the scope and if you want to debate them, start a new thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Zamini

Trouble with what you are saying is that you are always looking back in history and NOT forward...

Your correct in your point that religion played a big part in the past but have you ever thought to yourself that, maybe, just maybe people today have moved on a little in their thinking and do not see the supposed value (sorry Control) that religion brings !!??

Maybe some posters / members on here are a little more ''self aware'' than you give them credit for.....

The old saying - ''if we always do what we have always done, then we will always get what we have always got''... springs to mind...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

edit on 30-11-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: Double Post - sorry

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Roman Catholic Church doesn't burn poppies on rememberance day, they dont wish the death of british people, they dont blow up our cities, they dont call our soldiers butchers.

They dont insult the entire british public.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sharia in England will turn the clocks back to medieval times it's simply barbaric and dis respects human rights it is clearly out to date and abusive.

This imaginary Muslim bogeyman who wants Sharia Law? Wake up. It's not happening. It's a delusion created by your tabloid media and many are simply too dumb to recognize the difference between one insane cleric and the majority of a faith.

Moslem warmongering American imperialism sounds like a recipe for the Christian crusades
to turn back, the clocks and repeating history, is utterly useless the politicians are to blame for ruining England.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You have taken my post out of context. It was in reply to another post who mentioned that the Catholic Church was one of the driving forces behind the British Empire.

Read the chain of my posts!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The EDL revel in there ignorance, a typical working class view point. First of all the shariah is not implemented in the UK, nor in any muslim country.

Also when they go on about how sexist islam to woman are etc, let them get to the family courts in the uk and usa.

There you are humilitted, have your kids taken from you, loose your home,, have to prove u want to see them, barred from contacting them on the say so of your ex mrs and judges, your wages taken from you, your time with your kids if u get to see them severely resticted, reports are written about you, your not allowd to speak to your kids out side court orders, You are watched every time with yoiur kids, Other people who have been looking after your kids, while the courts and caffcass deliberately undermind contact with your kids, This means if the mother abandons the kids, the kids willl go to grandparents or other people out side the family, never to the father, even if he is considered a good parent. Caffacass with not listen to you, treat you like a prisoner, you will have to attend contact sessions with your kids, and be watched by people who have no qualifications to observe children, this goes for the caffcass officers, none have any qualifications. You get reports written about you, but the caffcass offiicer will never see you in you home, never see the children your home, They make decisons without seeing you face to face. If you tell any one out side the court etc you get a six month prision sentence for contempt of court, NO ifs no buts striaght down.

LOL EDL say the shariah is evil, wake up and smell the coffee quys, yoiur fighting for an illusion, on every march your faces are capture on cctv, yoiu will get harrassed if you take photos of the police etc, and if you go on your own start stating you opinion in with a megar phone in a public place you will be harrassed or arrested by the police and security guards. You have to becarful what you say on the phone as you know the polce, council workers and M15 will be listening to it, as well as your emails and letters etc.

All this and you hae not commited any crime,

Shariah doe not have any of the above, it cannot speratate a parent from his/her child, cannot intruded into the home cannot have cctiv spying on people, etc, Opression is not allowed etc, but of course the media is spininning this to deflect from what is really going on in this society a formation of a police state and a dictatorship with the fascard of democracy.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The largest ever EDL public demonstration is being held in Luton right now. Even the BBC (who the EDL have claimed are prone to underestimating the number of participating marchers) have had to concede that THOUSANDS of EDL are on the streets today in support of the EDL's prime aim - to oppose EXTREMIST Islam.

BTW before you start flaming me, I am NOT an EDL member, nor a member of the BNP ...

As has been stated again and again by the EDL, they have no agenda against the huge number of law-abiding decent Muslims who condust themselves in accordance with the 'law of the land' - HOWEVER, England has become a safe haven for Islamic Terrorists, who, when faced with deportation, play the "Human Rights" card, and claim that they will be subject to torture or death if they are returned to their country of origin.

I gather that due to a ruling by the court of Strasbourg (sorry if I mis-spelt that), the threat (as terrorists) that these people pose to law-abiding British citizens is IRRELEVANT to the issue of them being deported to a country which may give them a hostile reception.

As Tommy Robinson (EDL leader) suggested in a recent Sky News interview, a prerequisite of residing in the UK should be an oath of alegence. (perhaps such as in the USA, I don't know)

Today, addressing a security conference in Germany, the Prime minister David Cameron admitted that "State Multiculturalism has failed" - the demonstration in Luton proves the strength of public opinion - the public being the people who put politicians in office.

We can only hope that politicians pay attention !

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberry4000
The EDL revel in there ignorance, a typical working class view point. First of all the shariah is not implemented in the UK, nor in any muslim country.

Well for one thing, I can call you ignorant, for using class-based opinion. Not all working class people are EDL and not all EDL are working class.

LOL EDL say the shariah is evil, wake up and smell the coffee quys, yoiur fighting for an illusion, on every march your faces are capture on cctv, yoiu will get harrassed if you take photos of the police etc, and if you go on your own start stating you opinion in with a megar phone in a public place you will be harrassed or arrested by the police and security guards. You have to becarful what you say on the phone as you know the polce, council workers and M15 will be listening to it, as well as your emails and letters etc.

I agree.

Shariah doe not have any of the above, it cannot speratate a parent from his/her child, cannot intruded into the home cannot have cctiv spying on people, etc, Opression is not allowed etc, but of course the media is spininning this to deflect from what is really going on in this society a formation of a police state and a dictatorship with the fascard of democracy.

Hmm, not too sure about this. As much as i don't want a police-state UK, I don't want a religiously governed UK either.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I am looking really hard and yet I can not see this Sharia law taking over where I live in East Midlands .

I do however understand the dangers of extremism of any kind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join