It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Thousand Strong English Defence League Demonstration Against Sharia in Preston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The Jews went to the gas chambers under the conception that things are ok...all it takes is time ...Islam is getting there...look at it this way ..how much have you heard of Bhudism, Hinduism..in fact any other religion..all you hear is Islam....

You my friend are niave...time wil tell ...but at the end of the day you sound like an ideal convert to Islam...you will become assimailated...Inshallah!

May the blesssings of Muhammad (Peace be upon him) be wih you.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yes, because marriage councilors and small-claims courts really represent an "invasion of Sharia Law" don't they

I asked for evidence of Sharia Law "invading", and I'm given a social group and cultural center as "evidence"? Please, try harder.
]

Yissacher1, should also be aware of the Orthodox Jewish courts known as Beth Din that have been operating in the UK for decades
news.bbc.co.uk...

Yes I know and do not agree with that either.

One country, one law . If you don't like that then do not slam the door on the way out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I'm trying to think back to the last time I saw the SNP protesting int he streets, chanting football hooligan chants and throwing fireworks at others. Oh wait... they are completely different aren't they. That's why I can't think of an example.

Check the history of Scottish nationalism. There were quite happy to kill the English and what about the burning of homes in Wales by elements that wanted the English out of Wales.

What, may I ask, are you achieving in your "defense" of England by protesting as you do in the streets of our country? Who are you defending us from? This imaginary Muslim bogeyman who wants Sharia Law? Wake up. It's not happening. It's a delusion created by your tabloid media and many are simply too dumb to recognize the difference between one insane cleric and the majority of a faith.

Where did I say I was protesting on the streets? I assume you are meaning a literal sense? Those protesting feel that Government are not listening to them and protest on the streets is one way for them get their message heard.

The loss of being English, I guess. Even using the term English is seen by some as admitting to be a racist, but nothing for me is further from the truth. I am English, not British or European. Would you question and correct a Scot who called themselves Scottish, or someone from Wales who said they were Welsh, and say they are British?

I would agree that the hype some elements of the muslim faith has been created by the media bit can you deny that some of those of the the muslim faith are not pushing for sharia law in the UK. Blame for the hype here can be pointed at the media and the Government for not cracking down hard. And can you be so certain that sharia law will never happen in the UK?

And, are you certain that it is offense you are experiencing and not downright shame? I find it remarkable that a person with such a family history in truly defending this country has such an uneducated view and is so easily able to align themselves with such a group of people.

It is clearly offense. By your comments, you seek to demean what members of my family did during wars in the last centery. My view is only uneducated in your opinion. I seek to protect the English way of life and if there is a group of people who seek to protect being English just as I do, then I will suppor them. Not everyone who joins or supports the EDL is a nazi. That is an uneducated view and the construct of elements of the media.

We both have to be careful with the general labels the media and the Government give to people and organsations.

We all come from family who fought Hitler. Only on my side I see where groups like the EDL lead, and you do not.

Not every family in England today fought Hilter or understand what members of my family and millions of other familes did. That is one of the problems with millions in this country. They are not interested in the history and culture of England and the country that has given them a home. And please explain how we get from the EDL to what Hilter and the Nazi did in Europe. Just because I protest against something, does not mean I want to take the world over and kill millions. Maybe I should be careful when I protest against the building of a new local supermarket, it will mark me as a nazi.

That would be excellent if those people involved with the EDL were capable of holding a rational debate. Unfortunately, they hold extremist views that do not reflect reality. How do you debate with someone who has little grasp of reality?

And you know every member and supporter of the EDL and that none of them are capable of holding a rational debate. That is a very general comment and dare I say it, uneducated. Like all organisations, there are a range of people and beliefs, just as in any political organisation. And who are you to say the the views they hold do not reflect reality. I have seen claims in this thread and others of ATS that they represent the moral majority. Can we be honest here. You have no idea, just as I have no idea of my views represent the moral/silent majority. We can only speak of those we know around us, so lets not pretend to give nay creditabilty to any side of this arguement with saying we are the majority. Neither of us can offer any serious evidence one way or the other.

Members and supporters of the EDL and me, hold a different opinion to you. One that is as vaild as yours. It is not uneducated, only difference to yours.

This is a common sentiment but I have yet to see examples of where this is the case. How exactly is the Muslim faith deciding how our country is run?

And sentiment is a great driver of action, if people feel that their Government are not listening or doing enough, what else can they do. Government could do more to take the heat out of the more radical elements of the EDL.

The only voice that is not being heard in this country is one of extremism, ignorance and racism. Ie, the views of this minority. That is why they are angry. They have extremist opinions and warped perceptions about this nation that simply do not reflect reality, and they are deluded into thinking that their views are the majority. Well, they're not.

See above on claiming we represent majorities. We can both make claims to represent majorities.

You're contradicting yourself. Either the government is giving Muslim extremists more than you think is fair, or they view them as a threat. Which is it?

Am I? Impression is the key here and some in England feel that the Government is more interested in what muslims wants rather than the English. An example. If I burn the bible, would the police charge me with a crime. Not very likely. But if I were to burn the Qu'ran, I would likely be arrested and charged with a hate or race crime.

Oh, and another thing the EDL can't quite grasp here: there are PLENTY of British Born Muslims in this country.

It's the English Defence League. You have missed the points I made earlier. There is a huge difference between being English and British. That's the whole point!

The last time I looked, we voted in our government. That is the democratic process at work. These are the views and political opinions the majority have voted in favor of. What you suggest is that the government listen to your little group of Nazi sympathizers instead of the wider British public. That is not a democracy.

A small point. This current Government was not voted in. Again, we are back to majorities. How many people voted for sweeping cuts in public services? I am suggesting that the Government listen to the English people, just like it listened to the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people and gave them greater control over how thier countries are run. And if we accept your arguement about listening to a little group of nazi, then just what did our Government do when it gave Scotland its own assembly. Listen to a minority of the British people and cave in to them. Are you going to call the Scottish Nationalism the same as nazism, because they sought to get their own local government and where happy in the past to kill the English. You can not have regional rights just one way.

And yes, I'll gladly throw as many insults as I can at the EDL and those who support them. They are not the same as those who have pride in England. Marching, violence, anger and ignorance against a whole section of a society while following deluded views as justification is nothing to be proud of, it is not displaying anything remotely to be proud of. If I see a group of people so ignorant and unashamed at provoking violence and hatred, they'll get the same disrespect from me in equal measure.

And you do not see that this makes you no better than them?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by monobrow
I have to say I agree with them, Islamic extremist's have no place in this country.
And I don't believe they are racist or affiliated with the BNP like the media would have us believe.
I think because these people are mostly working class it's easy for the media and the white middleclass liberal types to sneer at them and label them as bigot's and chav scum instead of listening to they're concerns.

And how is targeting Muslim communities preventing terrorism?

I thought our government was already doing a bang-up job preventing terrorist acts on British soil, considering we haven't had a successful terrorist incident in how many years now?

Yours is exactly the kind of opinion I fear. It's basic, simplistic, and (sorry to insult) ignorant of the facts.

Us liberal types (ie, the majority of England, BTW!) don't have to label EDL as chav scum and bigots, they do this themselves through their actions, behavior and malformed views.
edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

My comment may be simplistic I'l grant you that but ignorant?
Perhaps you may be kind enough to point out which part of my comment was ignorant.
Was it the part where I wrote that Islamic extremist have no place in this country.
Well anyone who advocates the murder of homosexuals or that woman are seen as second class citizens or the rape and murder of non believers has no place in any civilised society.
I find anyone who defends people who spout this vile nonsense far more ignorant than I could ever be.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Lets see the argument.

English Defense League - Patriotic British Citizens who want Islamic Radicals and Sharia Law out of Britain forever, different divisions up and down the country, EDL Angels (the women of the edl) the edl even have a gay division, the EDL second in command is a man named Guramit Singh, a SIKH, if i recall the Nazis would not have had a non german in command.

The UAF (Unite against facism) or as i like to call them Unite against freedom.
Weyman Bennett the leader, arrested for inciting hate at EDL protests.
75 members arrested for violence at one rally.
Doesnt like any group protesting for there native rights, claiming anyone who puts the Native people first as Nazis or Facist.
They think Sharia law is fine, they dont mind paying for Islamic hate clerics.
Goverment funded

Do not accept freedom of speech, will harrass and try to shut up any opposing group (whos the facist)

Make a choice.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh my god, membership has jumped 10000 in 2 days.

Current membership is now at:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Well it looks like the Zionists successfully brainwashed people into thinking Sharia law is threatening Europe and America, which it isn't. The real thing threatening England is their Financial Ministers and their globalist cabal.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is not a black and white issue as some would have us believe.

Yet for us, it is simple because we are conspiracy theorists yes? This is what we do. So lets extract our emotional involvement with such issues and get into the mind of the agenda.

Someone is stoking fires and testing things as usual. We know that tension is building because it is fabricated. Mass immigration was always to lead to this, the terrorists scares were to lead up to this. The Islamists, as a group generally try to adapt their environment to their rules etc... Social and racial groups of all levels do this, it is nature and programming yet the Islamists are particularly annoying in this way. The EDL is composed of mainly young football hooligans etc... and a few older ones, they are probably taking their orders from someone in the shadows or simply someone with vested interests.

The powers that be know that people at certain stages of their evolution especially teenage males are prone to militancy and activism.

These things are fabricated yes, this does not mean that they arent real.

The wise person would simply see this turn of events and understand that this is social engineering. Anything beyond that is taking a side and you are lost in the maya.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monobrow

I have to say I agree with them, Islamic extremist's have no place in this country.
And I don't believe they are racist or affiliated with the BNP like the media would have us believe.
I think because these people are mostly working class it's easy for the media and the white middleclass liberal types to sneer at them and label them as bigot's and chav scum instead of listening to they're concerns.

How the heck can it be bigoted to be AGAINST stoning a woman to death because she had the misfortune to be raped? How is it bigoted to be against marrying a 9 year old to an old man?

If you are FOR human rights how can you be FOR sharia law the most bigoted set of laws alive today?

I think the liberals just proved they are insane.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by monobrow

How the heck can it be bigoted to be AGAINST stoning a woman to death because she had the misfortune to be raped? How is it bigoted to be against marrying a 9 year old to an old man?

If you are FOR human rights how can you be FOR sharia law the most bigoted set of laws alive today?

I think the liberals just proved they are insane.

I think you may have misunderstood my comment.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Mate, you have got it all wrong... Nazis??? OUR country is slowly being overtaken by immigrants that show a total lack of respect for OUR laws, and traditions, while our government is also doing the same! As a nation we need an organisation that will stand up for OUR (English) values.

If you don't like it and you truly believe that wanting to hold on to English values is turning us into Nazis then go and move to some muslim country with sharia law and see how oppressed it will make you feel!!! Go on go now...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes, Nazis. that is what this filth is. The EDL, BNP and others are all cut from the same, skank ridden nazi cloth. That is what they are, nazi scum. It is what they are showing themselves to be at every turn. The has got f# all to do with extremist muslims, and everything to do with extremist white power BS. There is NO THREAT at all of Sharia law being impimented in the UK. None. Sure, there are people living by that law already, but it isn't legal. And that's the crux of it, it never will be. People like these filthy racist SCUM, are doing nothing but pandering to media fear. And they know it. And the next time I hear these filthy pigs chant "10 german bombers in the air" I swear I'll bottle the scum. They are nothing but hate filled ignorant scum, and that's all they ever will be. Nazi pig scum.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Yes, Nazis. that is what this filth is. The EDL, BNP and others are all cut from the same, skank ridden nazi cloth. That is what they are, nazi scum. It is what they are showing themselves to be at every turn. The has got f# all to do with extremist muslims, and everything to do with extremist white power BS. There is NO THREAT at all of Sharia law being impimented in the UK. None. Sure, there are people living by that law already, but it isn't legal. And that's the crux of it, it never will be. People like these filthy racist SCUM, are doing nothing but pandering to media fear. And they know it. And the next time I hear these filthy pigs chant "10 german bombers in the air" I swear I'll bottle the scum. They are nothing but hate filled ignorant scum, and that's all they ever will be. Nazi pig scum.

You are just getting caught in the who har. These are just people with too much energy on their hands and no good way to express.

Think about it, why would NAZIs chant "ten german bombers"?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Would you Brits just let it go? What a bunch of sour loosers. Sharia has taken over the country and they dont want to admit they lost. You guys lost it with the reproduction race, now live with it. And if you dont like it then move to a non-muslim country, move away from England. Just get over it already.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There are winners and loosers. Brits used to be winners when going all World Empire. Now Muslims are going World Empire. Brits need to get over whining and just accept the realities of today. The UK is under Sharia Law and there is no use crying over spilled milk. If you dont like mosques, move to a non-muslim country. I hear there are none in the Antarctic.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I 100% Disagree completely.

One of the biggest influencial characters the EDL have is Guramit Singh, a Eastern man of Sikh religion, i doubt oraganisations such as Combat 18 and other neo nazis would ever dream of hiring a Non White man to be in charge.

Take a look at this video.

Pause at 0:19, i see black skinned men.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So you know every member and supporter of the EDL? And have discussed with them why they support the EDL?

We all know the answer to this question. You are as closed minded as some, and yes, there are some elements in the EDL that are more right wing that others.

When will people understand that the EDL is more than just one issue. It's about giving the English people a clear voice just as some Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish have local national political organsations.

Like all organisations, it is a broad church. Just take a look at the range of views offered by members and supporters of the main stream parties in the UK.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Missing the point here. There is a huge differance between being British and English. Please give this thread and all the posters the respect of understanding the difference, rather than just lumping the British and English together.

Would you correct a passionate Scotman, who called himself Scottish?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The left are far more fascistic than the people they are protesting. Maybe that liberal poster a few pages back should take note of the phrase:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I would die fighting for your right to freely say it

The left mentality is just fascism presented a different way; "If you don't agree with what we force apon you, then you do not have the right to speak about anything".

I do not support the EDL, but they are making a valid point that regardless of what the left will say - is one that affects modern debate in the UK.

For the record, I used to be a socialist, I know how these groups work, and will be happy to answer any questions on the matter.

edit on 30-11-2010 by allthegoodusernamestaken because: changed colour for ease of reading

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join