It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Thousand Strong English Defence League Demonstration Against Sharia in Preston

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

This imaginary Muslim bogeyman who wants Sharia Law? Wake up. It's not happening. It's a delusion created by your tabloid media and many are simply too dumb to recognize the difference between one insane cleric and the majority of a faith.

Perhaps you should watch this video before you jump to such conclusions.

A couple of weeks back I saw an extended version of this, with a video taken on what I assume to be a phone. The video was of the evening of this protest, with hundreds of these Muslim protesters chasing people who were unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and one of which was pushing a push chair! If I can find it, I will post that here.

Yes the EDL do have a lot of members who probably are not the best of the English, but I imagine at least some of them are protesting against what is happening in that video. I know I would. I would rather be associated with them than just stand by while foreign, brutal laws are imposed on our country.
Oh and before you try saying it. I am not a racist, I understand that most Muslims are a fine addition to our community, and I welcome them with open arms.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

www.dailymail.co.uk...

go and do your own research instead of being ignorant and blind, its people like you in our government that causes this to happen!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by norwaytnc

YT video malformed ID.

This is exactly the problem. There is one instance of something and people ASSUME that because the tabloid press are all over it it must be widespread.

It's BS and nothing more. Small instances of extremism (which is exactly what the EDL expresses on the opposite side of it) are then used as some kind of "proof" that this is widespread.

It isn't, you're all being fed the same crap that the German public were fed before the breakout of WW2.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by norwaytnc

YT video malformed ID.

This is exactly the problem. There is one instance of something and people ASSUME that because the tabloid press are all over it it must be widespread.

It's BS and nothing more. Small instances of extremism (which is exactly what the EDL expresses on the opposite side of it) are then used as some kind of "proof" that this is widespread.

It isn't, you're all being fed the same crap that the German public were fed before the breakout of WW2.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

www.dailymail.co.uk...

go and do your own research instead of being ignorant and blind, its people like you in our government that causes this to happen!

And I even predicted that you'd use the Daily Mail as proof.

Are you actively TRYING to completely discredit yourself? Because you're doing a great job of it. Well done.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Sharia extremism is gradually invading the UK and the government isnt doing anything about it, so its up to the british public to do something, if you dont like it then i sugest you crawl back in to your hole and go sleep some more.

Muslims are fine, not a problem, but people have a problem with the radical muslims that think they can come and teach sharia in the UK and preach hatrid on our streets, that is what people are pissed off about!

Evidence for your claims please?

Show me some statistical data to prove that Sharia Law is "invading" the UK.
I'll bet you £500 that you cannot provide adequate data. Please note, the "Daily Fail" is not an adequate source.

And please tell me how protesting in the streets like this is combating this imaginary invasion of Sharia Law, or Muslim Extremism. I'd really like to be told what the EDL hopes to achieve by targeting an entire section of society.

How about a local newspaper then? I think you will find that shariah has not only invaded but is operating in the UK..

Click the link dude.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
dp
edit on 28-11-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

And i wouldnt be suprised if you practice sharia law yourself, your certainly not English, sorry but your no better than they are, we dont want sharia law in england, and never will and will never allow it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My apologies. I'm new to forums and I'm still working it all out.
www.youtube.com...
That will have to do.

Actually I am not under the delusion that this is widespread. As I said before, I am well aware that the majority of the Muslim community are happy to live their lives here peacefully. I was simply pointing out that this DOES happen. Neither side are perfect.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yes, because marriage councilors and small-claims courts really represent an "invasion of Sharia Law" don't they

I asked for evidence of Sharia Law "invading", and I'm given a social group and cultural center as "evidence"? Please, try harder.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
some more....

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK and its legal system - Shariah also spelled Sharia - is increasingly becoming a part of the UK judicial system. In 2008 the Government sanctioned five Shariah courts to operate in this country, ruling on a range of civil matters including financial disputes and divorce. The rulings of these courts are now enforceable in the English Legal System. British Courts can now enforce Shariah judgements! It is for these reasons we need to know more about this legal system.

www.inbrief.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Male circumcission at birth prevents infections and does not impede sexual stimulation.

What would you propose we do with this religion of peace and if you can show me a better plan and find a way to have us all live together without the violence or ethnic cleansing,...I am listening.
Please tell me something wonderful as I would prefer to ally with no one.
I feel that no action or resistance will allow these laws to push into our societies.
There have actually been votes on sharia in the heart of America.
Help us Oh witch of wisdom.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by human32826

witch of wisdom.....
second line

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And i wouldnt be suprised if you practice sharia law yourself, your certainly not English, sorry but your no better than they are, we dont want sharia law in england, and never will and will never allow it.

You can think what you like. I am British (possibly more-so than you, because I actually respect and recognize the dangers of Nazism and the rising of extremist white-supremacist opinions).
And, I seem to have a better grasp of the English language too.

Here, allow me to correct this for you...

And I wouldn't be surprised if you practice Sharia law yourself, you're certainly not English. Sorry but you're no better than they are. We don't want Sharia law in England, never will, and will never allow it..

Those last few words do not really form an adequate sentence, but I'll let that go and only highlight what I think you intended to say.

Well, according to your own members, you have allowed it, it is happening, and you haven't stopped it.

So, again, less of the hypocrisy and more fact please.
edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Now its a personal attack against me because you know how wrong you are, pfff..... enough said.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yes, because marriage councilors and small-claims courts really represent an "invasion of Sharia Law" don't they

I asked for evidence of Sharia Law "invading", and I'm given a social group and cultural center as "evidence"? Please, try harder.
]

Yissacher1, should also be aware of the Orthodox Jewish courts known as Beth Din that have been operating in the UK for decades
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Someone posted that this will do nothing to end terrorism. This has little to do with terrorism. This has everything to do with a group of people who say they wish to live in the UK, become citizens of the UK, yet they wish to change every aspect of life in every place that they clam to 'desire' to live.

It is the Muslims who have no desire for 'multiculturalism'. But they desire the governments handouts to be sure.
They will take then demand victimhood and give nothing back. Look up the Bach celebration in Germany. For 200 years they celebrated one of Germanys greatest own citizens. Yet one of his compositions made reference to Allah. So the Germans were forced to cancel a cultural tradition. So much for live and let live. What did the Muslims give back, nothing they demand more. Can you even find a so called moderate Muslim to denounce Terrorism?

Is this how you act in someone else's house ? Give' em hell EDL! The world is watching.
If they have no respect for the Magna Carta they gotta go. Your elected officials too.
edit on 28-11-2010 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by human32826

Male circumcission at birth prevents infections and does not impede sexual stimulation.

Erm, you are wrong, of course.

This has been widely debunked as complete horse sh*t by simply comparing the health statistics of European nations where circumcision is not widely practiced with those of Israel and America.

Even if this were the case, you suggest that we should remove parts of the body in order to possibly, perhaps, maybe prevent a mild infection. That is insane.

If you'd like to learn the truth check out the history of this act and you'll find that it was pushed in America by a crazy guy we all know and love as Mr Kellogg.

To make it even more joyous, Mr. Kellogg began his crusade because he intended to restrict sexual enjoyment and sexual pleasure. That was the very intention of circumcision in America outside of the Jewish faith.

He even stated that this should be performed without anesthetic to increase the psychological trauma on young men in an effort to eradicate masturbation.

If you'd like to debate me on subjects like this, please make sure you have your facts right beforehand.

I don't want to brag, but you EDL guys are doing a really bad job of defending your opinions. I don't consider myself to be significantly more intelligent or well-educated than the average UK citizen. So I have to suggest that you are simply supporting my own argument with every weak response you provide.

I suppose if this is the best the EDL can do to further their cause, I really shouldn't fear. Most organizations have a few members able to present a decent argument. Could you invite one of those to ATS and perhaps I can have a real challenge?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join