It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Now you have your government labelling anyone who tells the truth and calls out the government "terrorists"

I think now we know who the REAL terrorists are for sure.

God help us all..
You know what, mate? Its nice to find something we finally agree on! Have a star

Even if I doubt very much that the god you mention is anything like what I recognise as divinity...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Those 'good things' should be disseminated properly in open debate and public opinion polls.

You and I seem to have fundamentally different ideals. I believe the world can operate with the lights on.

It's more than that, I believe that the world cannot operate correctly unless the lights are on.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

You know as well as i that generally, even more than that 90% if not more of Americans if not the world care more about controversies and conspiracies than they would debate about the good America does, you will never hear about whats good on these forums or in MSM cause simply people CRAVE controversy.

If you read my earlier posts you will see that I'm not completely against wikileaks, its just THE WAY it is being done. You simply don't need to know everything when it can hurt someone else.

It's all around you, the "good" stuff will always be on the backpage and the juicy stuff will be on the front page, the juicy stuff will be debated for years, but the "good" stuff? maybe a few days.

And when you have been satisfied by useless debate and throw it outside, the people in the country affected suffer.
edit on 30-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I DID! Don't be so stuffy. I offered an alternative veiw on things - since you can't be a real person while you ignore the media's blatant mission on this whole thing causing World War Three!!!

Dare I say, we need a bit of light heartedness, too. You provided that evidence with your sniping!

See what he's omplaining about here......

theshatire.wordpress.com.../

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

While the requirements for keeping Top Secret information are greater leaking the information would still be easy in some cases.
No it wouldn't. IDK what specific nomenclature is used in the USA for documents that are classified as various levels of secret, but in the UK stuff that is really sensitive has a stamp of "eyes only" on it, which means its illegal for anyone, even those who have legal access to it, to make copies, ie they can look at it with their "eyes only".
I'm certain that since a large part of secret intelligence services must be devoted to preventing spies from gaining access to sensitive info, the most sensitive must be the subject of the most scrutiny. What Wikileaks have got hold of was apparently available to 3 million people. The manpower necessary to keep track of all that data & what so many people were doing with it would be astronomical! However, the really secret stuff is only available to a few & thus easily tracked by another few.

Bear in mind that an autistic English bloke with a POS net connection successfully hacked the Pentagon in search of evidence of Aliens. Low level secrets are available to anyone who has the knowhow to circumvent the kind of security that doesn't prevent ordinary individuals from doing their job, ie the more secure data becomes, the more intelligent those who need to regularly access it need to be. Very intelligent people rarely work for governments b/c they can get paid much more elsewhere. Also, governments habitually employ idiots b/c the responsibility they are to be given could be easily abused, were they just a bit brighter. The wonder is that we haven't seen more of this kind of thing before, but then its also true that individuals haven't had the means to prevent their assassination as effectively as we do now.
Its a small world? No it isn't & the more info you have, the easier to hide in its vastness.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

And that is what I want, I want exposure of the corrupted dirty banks that we here in the US were forced to bailout with tax payer money by our same corrupted dirty politicians.

I will like also information on all dirty deals that our politicians does under the table with donors and recipients.

But . . . that will be too much to act.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Controversies and conspiracies should draw attention. But I don't think you meant to say otherwise. I think what you are saying is that nobody is going to care about the decisions made in their name regarding things like peace negotiations, mutually authorized trade deals and other similar things and that by operating these delicate things in the open the optimal outcome would be compromised. Am I getting your thinking right?

If I've got that somewhat right, I would counter that any deals, negotiations, etc. that survive such a process would be far more robust and capable of yielding long-term security than what is currently achievable. Also, as you pointed out, if there's anything untoward going on, people are going to notice if it's out in the open.

I could elaborate on my thinking but I'm not entirely sure I have you right, so if I'm making a mute point from your perspective please do let me know.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
They just released another 3 cables....

Does something seem a bit wrong here, or are they just planning on taking 10 years to get all this information out?

Someone who is genuinely motivated to get information out would do so as fast as possible and quickly move on to other things.

Someone who has more designed intentions will release that information to the public at a slow incremental rate and in an order that is most likely achieve a desired result.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If you leak information a bit at a time it definitely causes a bigger impact though.

Imagine if they had released all 250000 cables at once, everyone would be upset about something different and there would be no way of focusing anyones attention on a specific story, by the time people actually got through reading half of them they would ALL be old news and not worthy on International press courage.

The Daily Telegraph (UK) did much the same thing with the recent expenses scandal, they had a whole raft of information that they would release a little bit more of every time the story started to die, it kept people angry for months on end

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If you leak information a bit at a time it definitely causes a bigger impact though.

Imagine if they had released all 250000 cables at once, everyone would be upset about something different and there would be no way of focusing anyones attention on a specific story, by the time people actually got through reading half of them they would ALL be old news and not worthy on International press courage.

The Daily Telegraph (UK) did much the same thing with the recent expenses scandal, they had a whole raft of information that they would release a little bit more of every time the story started to die, it kept people angry for months on end

This is spot on, slowly release the documents and let the governments release their retorts/lies, has greater impact when new releases come out and they are falling over themselves to backtrack on their previous statements.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

The information is damming to diplomacy in the world, but to the everyday person, like I am I might add, its not enough for me to stand up and say to my government, what the hell is this, and get out of office as Im running this country now, because I know best.
History shows that people wont rise up against whatever regime they're living under, no matter how disgusting it is, unless the populace can be convinced by a popular figurehead that they can do better, or the circumstances become such that the majority lose something they actually valued as a result of a political maneuver. The sad truth is that, these days, in the west, 2 factors are stacked heavily against such a thing ever happening again.

1) No matter how badly we feel we are being treated, for most of us, its not hard to spot someone far worse off & imagine how we ourselves could easily end up that way.
2) Even if we feel so bad about our current circumstances that we just dont care what the consequences of massive upheaval might be, b/c they couldn't be much worse than our current situation, we cannot trust each other to stick with it long enough to get any real change, for the very reason that to have got to such a desperate emotional position, we must have previously been part of the dog-eat-dog paradigm & thus know that our fellows are as untrustworthy as we once were.

The truth is that humans are born to be fearful & lazy. Most of us are also stupid. It takes something monstrously uncomfortable to make us shift our arses & even then the chances are we'll easily fall into habitual patterns of behaviour which those who have been taught to take advantage of will.
Why is it that certain schools are so exclusive? B/c they train the sheepdogs. The shepherds are trained by their families.
There's another method of education that's only effective on the truly intelligent: "the school of hard knocks".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by multichild

The information is damming to diplomacy in the world, but to the everyday person, like I am I might add, its not enough for me to stand up and say to my government, what the hell is this, and get out of office as Im running this country now, because I know best.
History shows that people wont rise up against whatever regime they're living under, no matter how disgusting it is, unless the populace can be convinced by a popular figurehead that they can do better, or the circumstances become such that the majority lose something they actually valued as a result of a political maneuver. The sad truth is that, these days, in the west, 2 factors are stacked heavily against such a thing ever happening again.

1) No matter how badly we feel we are being treated, for most of us, its not hard to spot someone far worse off & imagine how we ourselves could easily end up that way.
2) Even if we feel so bad about our current circumstances that we just dont care what the consequences of massive upheaval might be, b/c they couldn't be much worse than our current situation, we cannot trust each other to stick with it long enough to get any real change, for the very reason that to have got to such a desperate emotional position, we must have previously been part of the dog-eat-dog paradigm & thus know that our fellows are as untrustworthy as we once were.

The truth is that humans are born to be fearful & lazy. Most of us are also stupid. It takes something monstrously uncomfortable to make us shift our arses & even then the chances are we'll easily fall into habitual patterns of behaviour which those who have been taught to take advantage of will.
Why is it that certain schools are so exclusive? B/c they train the sheepdogs. The shepherds are trained by their families.
There's another method of education that's only effective on the truly intelligent: "the school of hard knocks".

Sadly, I agree with what you say, although the planned leaks on the banking scam may raise a few eyebrows among the masses, when they realise that the reason they are being hit in the pocket is to cover the bondholders and derivative traders they may have something to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wikileaks is again under DDOS attack :

www.heraldsun.com.au...

And most strange : "DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second."

Who has the capability to do that ?

Maybe it was a good idea to DL the insurance file....
edit on 30-11-2010 by Terviseks because: last sentence

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks
Wikileaks is again under DDOS attack :

www.heraldsun.com.au...

And most strange : "DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second."

Who has the capability to do that ?

Maybe it was a good idea to DL the insurance file....
edit on 30-11-2010 by Terviseks because: last sentence

Well I got my copy, I dont think the encryption key would ever be released though!!! Still. I live in hope, better to have the file than not.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by closetnerd

You're right, it's not because of a DDOS attack that they will release the password... but I bet if they continue to attack the website and try to catch Assange they will release the password...

Maybe it's just a bluff... but the US government don't think so, else we woud have seen in the News "Assange mysteriously disapear few hours ago..."

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks

You're right, it's not because of a DDOS attack that they will release the password... but I bet if they continue to attack the website and try to catch Assange they will release the password...

Maybe it's just a bluff... but the US government don't think so, else we woud have seen in the News "Assange mysteriously disapear few hours ago..."

I dont think that releasing the encryption key is in Wikileaks/Assange's interest. As soon as that is done then its game over for them/him and freespeech. Just my opinion. Just sayin' lol. I,d hate to be the Wikileaks member that released the key!!!
edit on 30-11-2010 by closetnerd because: little spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Excuse my ignorance, but is this "insurance" file the one they supposedly keep as a warranty?
How did you got your hands on it? Was it released encripted?
Thank you.

Drk

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think there may be some documents that many nation states would more than choke at in the insurance file, especially with regards to banking, I would love that there are documents relating to UFO activity, but thats unlikely to happen, I think Wikileaks would consider that a step too far. I think they want to inform, not scare the sh*t out of people. Let's not waste too much time debating what the releases will be when the documents released already are quite sensational. Some of the people should read the documents and not be told what's there, if you wait to be told you will only get what they want you to know.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Excuse my ignorance, but is this "insurance" file the one they supposedly keep as a warranty?
Thank you.

Drk

I wont tell you how to get it, I,ll leave that for others, It's not hard to find, go have a look. The file was released encrypted otherwise there would be no point!!
edit on 30-11-2010 by closetnerd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by closetnerd

Originally posted by drakus

Thank you.

Drk

I wont tell you how to get it, I,ll leave that for others, It's not hard to find, go have a look. The file was released encrypted otherwise there would be no point!!

Thank you for your reply.
I have searched and found a torrent for a 1.39Gb file, can you (or someone else who already dled the file) confirm that's the size of the original file?
If that's it, and it's text and/or spreadsheets, that's a whole lot of it!
I'll keep looking
thanks.
Drk.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join