It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
Someone help me answer this i'm very confused....

If all these big countries dont like wikileaks, just like America... why is it still up? it would be hacked.. shut down.. and taken off...

am i the only one who thinks they want it to be running?

or is there something someones isn't telling me?

I don't think anyone is capable of shutting Wikileaks down. They have servers all over the world with encryption and no doubt lots and lots of back-up directories.

I am pretty sure Assange spent quite a few years ensuring that his networks were completely secure before establishing Wikileaks.

I am no expert but from what I have read that pretty much sums up why no one has been able to stop him.

Read up about him.

Just in case you guys haven't seen this yet - they have underground bunkers that look...well, awesome.

Wikileaks Server Underground Bunkers

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
it seems wikileaks makes it's first
interview after releasing documents.

CNN Wikileaks Interview

new face of wikileaks
I have not seen before.
Now this guy looks and sounds
like a spook to me.
edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
its still not the same thing. being diplomatic is different from say selling computers. When you forge bonds with your clients no company in the world would admit to making a mistake, any company in the world that would work like that wont have clients, shareholders nor would it get elected. You simply would fail.

Companies are audited, they must comply to standards and adhere to the law. Shady dealings shut down companies. Well, that's the theory, but corruption does exist at times when there is a lack of transparency.

If transparency is assumed and assured, behavior is compatible.

If the environment is not transparent, behavior is whatever each individual decides it going to be (as well as blackmail, threats and such that can be hidden in a non-transparent environment).

Going through what has been released so far seems to indicate that I'm correct. If behavior had been of a quality high enough to be compatible with a transparent environment, the potential problems for those involved caused by this release would have been negligible.

Just editing this post to say I'm going home to bed now, so I won't be able to answer any replies directed at me for a good 10 to 12 hours at least.
edit on 29/11/2010 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by wcitizen

So far this is of the greatest concern to me. What is the US doing collecting fingerprints, iris scans, DNA on politicians worldwide??????? It is totally outrageous and sounds quite sinister. WHAT is the purpose behind this?
edit on 28-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

leverage..!!!

Mm, how would they use DNA, fingerprints, etc as leverage? Framing someone? I'm probably being a bit dim here but I don't get it yet! Be patient with me!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Don;tforget theIsraelis used false Ausise passports in the murder in Dubai...this Assange is definitely notany sort of Aussie that I ever met!
Well, in reference to my last post, I think you've lost it, geezer.
I've said this before & I expect I'll say it again: I've been around the world a fair bit & I like to find those off beat places where the really cool stuff goes down. If there isn't an Aussie already there, its worth saving some beer money b/c there'll be 1 along soon. Julian Assange strikes me as exactly the type of bloke I've met from Australia, ie apparently balls-out reckless, but in reality only that confident b/c they've thought about what they're getting into beforehand & concluded that the problems are either surmountable or that they've got the cash for a swift exit. TBH, this trait can be a bit of a pain in the arse, if you're trying to get something somewhat permanent off the ground, but its more than made up for by enthusiasm, sheer exuberance, courage & a willingness to cooperate. Maybe you're comparing the bloke to Aussies that stayed @home? If so, I'd say you're doing your nation a disservice.
Every culture I've come across is full of pillocks, but its those who get out there & do stuff that are the true measure of what that culture has to offer.

You know that saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed"? My experience of "international Aussies" is that they dont wait for the need, if there's something cool going down, they jump in with both feet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

More than 250,000 classified State Department reports made public on Sunday reveal that China was urged to stop shipments through Beijing of missiles from North Korea to Iran, and that Saudi Arabia's monarch urged the United States to attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

The Obama administration sought to minimize the diplomatic fallout from the disclosures on the Internet site WikiLeaks that provide a vivid inside look at U.S. diplomatic and intelligence reports, some as recent as February.

www.washingtontimes.com...

by way of China, huh?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
if it's in print, it must be true.

That's ridiculous and totally untrue. I simply said that if newspapers are going to publish something like this they would usually do some checks to satisfy themselves that they believe the docs are authentic. They have to for legal reasons. This doesn't mean I believe the MSM, in fact I am so disgusted by it I never read or watch it.

If you don't believe me, go check out my previous posts.

Before you attempt to disparage people, get the facts straight..

edit on 29-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Castaway

I was going to say second grader...

Lol! I was being kind!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

The Queen doesn't own Coutts, although I should imagine they enjoy her patronage. The history of the bank can be seen on their web site.

Yes, I had a look at the website but saw nothing specific about ownership... It's privately owned, but not sure by whom. I'm assuming it's owned by shareholders. So basically, there is no confirmation that the money came from QEII - although it might well have done.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How much do you think they were trying to black mail the goverment for. Millions$$$$$

You know what the didn't pay.

You know why?

Because they would have released even if they got there ransom.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How much do you think they were trying to black mail the goverment for. Millions$$$$$

You know why?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

You know why?

Dumbest thing I've ever read on here. Do some research before spouting nonsense.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well all Hillary really commented on specifically was Iran, just basically said that yes, Iran is everyone's concern. And that the gov needs to be able to have candid conversations on foreign affairs in order to get things done.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
President Ahmadinejad must be s.hitting in his pants right now seeing as how every country around Iran wants America to wage war on them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wikileaks has not say anything that we already have either suspected or came to conclusions of it, either on our own or here while engage in discussions in ATS, no surprises to me, at least no yet. . .

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Wikileaks has not say anything that we already have either suspected or came to conclusions of it, either on our own or here while engage in discussions in ATS, no surprises to me, at least no yet. . .
There is a large difference between suspecting something and actually having proof. Plus, this convinces the unwashed masses that our government isn't full of rainbows and ponies.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

He issued a statement saying that he disregards the leak and thinks it was orchestrated to be leaked by the US purposely in order to instigate more problems over there. But I wonder what he's really thinking.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos
reply to post by jazz10

you bet they will be world number one enemy, that's for sure.
is it the end of the road for the big super power??

That's already happened. The US is bankrupt.

The only way out of it is to spend more money though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
reply to post by Secularist

He issued a statement saying that he disregards the leak and thinks it was orchestrated to be leaked by the US purposely in order to instigate more problems over there. But I wonder what he's really thinking.

Hah. Of course he would!
I hate Irans president. He is a total nut, and so annoying. Last time I saw him speaking was that week long interview, 2 hours a night, with Larry King. EVERY time Larry asked him a question hed go off on something totally irrelevant and random and then spin it back around to make America look like pure evil, and then would ask Larry a question after every single question. Even Larry was irritated!

I spent about 6 hours last night reading the documents. Needless to say there is not much in there (that ive read anyways) that suggests any embarrassment on Americas part, rather I think it shows Americas government has a realistic and profound understanding of these leaders and is truly scary brilliant, implementing psychology, and their understanding of the cultures history and religions to manipulate diplomacy in their favor.

The 2010 publishings on North Korea are especially interesting, describing the DPRK as incapable of even launching that nuclear weapon at America and their anticipating that NK will spend at least another 5 years developing the technology capable of giving that warhead the proper distance in flight to reach America. They described the DPRK as having an "impressive arsenal of weapons if this was 1960".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

That is the problem with America and the downfall of what our forefathers worked so hard for us to have, freedom, liberties and the pursue of happiness in the land of the free.

People still want prof that our nation is run by nothing but corrupted pay out politicians.

We know it you know it, why is so many mentally challenged masses waiting for for?.

This so call leak is not going to change anything, we will still know the true and even if the truth hits those masses still in denial they will just believe the next corrupted leader that comes behind the last one.

And America will be falling into oppression in the name of safety.

Nothing new here just another day in propaganda paradise.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join