It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
3.09pm: The state department has just postponed a press conference with secretary of state Hillary Clinton. It was due to begin nowish, but it has been delayed until 6pm, our time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
For All of you who think this is weak and it reminds you of notes passed at school, if you must feel like that then put it like this.....in school notes do get passed like that and rumors get started, people get mad, then maybe a fight breaks out, heck some people may even bring their friends and jump you. But in this case, if a fight breaks out a lot more people could get hurt and using a lot stronger firepower than a couple of fists.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

I totally agree with you. I wasn't trying to downplay it, but just saying that we are all human no matter how much money or power we have it still comes down to the same petty behavior. Gossip in school can instigate a fight, gossip in the government can instigate a war. Iran already knew most of the world wanted to take them down, but reading it physically will be a whole different story I think, that's the part I'm most anxious about. In the most simple sense, crazy people get even crazier when they know they are being plotted against and talked about.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

Yes and its funny that the big bully (america) is passing on the name calling to another bully (saudi arabia) to do its own dirty work.

The US cant afford a war with Iran, the people wont go for it, and so its time for one of its other bully mates the saudi's to do a bit itself.

This way China and Russia wont see it as bad as America starting war against Iran, and so averting a world crisis, instead instigating a middle east problem.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Our Leaders Have Lost Control..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This guys playing with fire...
Someone will eventually silence him for good
edit on 29-11-2010 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Israel and Mossad have just been gazzumped by co intel pros from England and the USA & not a bad job at all when you look at it!
Despite what I said about your use of a racial epithet earlier, some of your contribution to this thread has been interesting. The above quote however is the end of a long rant which goes from speculation to wild accusation with almost nothing in between.

You are mistaken in claiming that Israel owns the infrastructure of the internet, & thus the means of communication worldwide. Its a massive collaboration of companies & state owned equipment, many of whom have a vested interest in seeing Israel liquidated, but the most powerful of whom, those in the USA, EU, Russia & China, have more of an interest in seeing Israel constantly under fire, costing the USA billions to support, whilst simultaneously embarrassing the USA on the world stage.
So long as there is oil under the ME that can be profitably extracted, the USA will never abandon its unsinkable aircraft carrier in the region: that scruffy patch of barely fertile land called Israel, b/c to do so would allow various nations to abandon the US$ for trading oil & those countless greenbacked chickens would have nowhere else to go but home to roost, causing runaway hyper-inflation within the USA & a complete collapse of the US domestic economy. In the meantime, the smart money in the USA is making monster fortunes off taxpayer & debt funded US Govt expenditure on weapons with which to arm various factions to keep a stable threat level that keeps them all dependent on the USA, but unable to shift the status quo significantly.

You are also mistaken that Israel owns MSM. Its true that a lot of global media corporations which supply the bulk of western news have people who are ostensibly jewish as high ranking personnel. However, as a media employee for over 20yrs, I can promise you that its way more complex.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
According to a cable from the American Embassy in Kabul, Ahmad Zia Massoud, Vice President of Afghanistan, was found carrying $52 million in cash that he “was ultimately allowed to keep without revealing the money’s origin or destination.” The discovery was made in the United Arab Emirates by local authorites working with the Drug Enforcement Agency.[48]

That basterds pushing heroin i'm telling you

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
2001-09-11 09:49:23 Arch [1238724] B ALPHA Apparently a bomb went off at the Pentagon. What security measures is the base doing? Stay away from the Navair building 2001-09-11 09:43:05 Metrocall [1116431] D ALPHA A BOMB HAS GONE OFF AT THE HELIPORT AT THE PENTAGON 2001-09-11 09:43:05 Metrocall [1067364] B ALPHA now they are showing the pentagon with a ton of smoke and saying that a bomb was detonated! pretty significant blast is what they are saying! 2001-09-11 09:50:56 Metrocall [0904052] B ALPHA at Fire Marshalls office.Looks like my dad’s office just had an explosion. Still have yet to hear from him. My mom is frantic & I’ve had tons of people in my office! 2001-09-11 09:51:03 Arch [0801749] B ALPHA code blue, please maned your nodes no vendors no work no visitors. cg 0069 2001-09-11 08:50:50 Skytel [003252015] D ALPHA BOMB DETINATED IN WORLD TRADE CTR. PLS GET BACK TO MIKE BRADY W/A QUICK ASSESSMENT OF YOUR AREAS AND CONTACT US IF ANYTHING IS NEEDED AT 212-647-2345. 2001-09-11 09:43:24 Metrocall [0847435] C ALPHA THEY’VE BOMBED THE PENTAGON CAC P1(x500) 2001-09-11 09:46:48 Arch [1399051] C ALPHA Sir, Pentagon just was hit by what looks to be fairly large bomb in vicinity of Heliport. Base has gone to threatcon “C” which essentially closes the base gates. Trying to get more info. 2001-09-11 09:48:48 Arch [0855269] B ALPHA A bomb exploded at the Pentagon Talked to AW tower and they advised that all flights have been grounded throughout the US. CommCenter 2001-09-11 10:04:09 Metrocall [1261437] D ALPHA Another bomb/explosion under the world trade center 2001-09-11 06:56:47 Arch [0912340] B ALPHA Bomb Scare, ND, 700 W. 40TH Male caller stated a bomb in the bldg, set to go of at 0815. 7811 notified. 2001-09-11 09:44:20 Metrocall [0528334] D ALPHA BOMB WAS JUST DETONATED AT THE PENTAGON...NO FURTHER INFO AT THIS TIME [BECT1] 2001-09-11 08:50:50 Skytel [003252015] D ALPHA BOMB DETINATED IN WORLD TRADE CTR. PLS GET BACK TO MIKE BRADY W/A QUICK ASSESSMENT OF YOUR AREAS AND CONTACT US IF ANYTHING IS NEEDED AT 212-647-2345. 2001-09-11 09:42:21 Arch [0821906] A ALPHA A reporter now is saying a bomb exploded by the pentagon helaport!!! 2001-09-11 09:11:37 Skytel [005258168] C ALPHA babe its a bomb we are evacuating the city could be a target 2 planes so far DAN PEREZ

www.google.com...:49:23+Arch+

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Fog of war. Nothing but confusion. I would say don't read too much into it but who am I kidding this is ATS.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just think about it... You want the US government to be transparent so you can see all their dealing etc... Yet you have a problem with the government(or anyone else) reading your work and private Emails?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
difficult to justify these cable leakes on moral grounds. The iraq war stuff i could see a case ( civilian casualty numbers the USA said they didnt have etc). But diplo cables? no dynamite news so far alot of it unsurprising.

This has potential to do big damage to USA foreign relations. When poeple think theres a chance that anything they say to the USA could be leaked they tend to clam up. I hear theres bad criticism of UK armed forces in iraq & afgan going to be leaked. Stuff like that isnt for public consumption and i cant see how it will help anyone really. It will just hurt the UK /USA relations

Even though its a fascinating insight into the corridors of diplomatic channels personally i feel a bit uneasy about these being leaked. I dont see what will be gained

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Many people are starting to wake up and the government knows that.

I feel wikileak is only a way to make people feel they are really learning "secret" info, when in actuality it is comprised of things that are either not that crucial to hide or full of disinformation to make people feel they are actually reading things there not supposed to.

I admittedly haven't read them, but find it interesting that we are on the "brink" of war, but all news agencies are focusing on wikileak? why? Wouldn't the situation in Korea be bigger news?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Yes. Because they work for us with our money.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Can anyone handle the truth?

Do you want the unvarnish truth or the sweet candy of lies and delusions?

Ask yourself as you that as you ponder upon the leaks and bring a personal judgement over the issue.

What had been said, cannot be unsaid. Diplomacy is nothing more than political correctness, a smoothing over truths with either half truths or bare faced lies, but nevertheless, it is not the truth, spoken with full conviction and courage from the heart, to say it as it is and mean what we say.

Once upon a time, Americans were a courageous lot, well known for plain speaking. But with 'diplomacy' and political correctness, to save 'face' or standing in the community, many chosed the delusive, illusive and under the carpet way to talk.

The leaks had revealed much, of truths comming from one's heart.

Can you handle the truth, or prefer sweet lies and delusions that will only harm mankind in the long run?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anythinggoes

They work for you in other countries?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
You want the US government to be transparent so you can see all their dealing etc... Yet you have a problem with the government(or anyone else) reading your work and private Emails?

Private email are very different from work related emails. How I represent how I work for is not my own business, it is the business of who I work for. In such capacity I operate with the assumption that there is transparency, in that anything and everything I do for the company I work for can be reviewed and evaluated at any time and indeed it often is.

So, who does the US government work for? Who does any elected government work for?

There is a developing trend; surveillance, more invasive airport scanners, increased internet censorship... Transparency is the different direction from where the US government and most of the world's leadership is heading now. You want to keep heading in the current direction? Where do you think it leads?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ianmoone1

Australian, where'd you get Swiss from?

More like Israeli mossad or shin biet asset!

Don;tforget theIsraelis used false Ausise passports in the murder in Dubai...this Assange is definitely notany sort of Aussie that I ever met!

Cheers

Amazing how brazen they are with today's assassination of the Iranian nuclear scientists!

The big machine will be fired up shortly

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Yes this is what I think...

Its a bad enough distraction, to distract you from looking any further.

Its saying this is as bad as it gets, there nothing else worth digging into, so stop it!

OK it might end up in some sort of war, but i doubt it, the only wars that will come about from this will be in the middle east. China and Russia will be happy that America didnt start it, and they will all benefit from the arms that are needed by Israel, Iran, Saudi etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper

Originally posted by kykweer
You want the US government to be transparent so you can see all their dealing etc... Yet you have a problem with the government(or anyone else) reading your work and private Emails?

Private email are very different from work related emails. How I represent how I work for is not my own business, it is the business of who I work for. In such capacity I operate with the assumption that there is transparency, in that anything and everything I do for the company I work for can be reviewed and evaluated at any time and indeed it often is.

So, who does the US government work for? Who does any elected government work for?

There is a developing trend; surveillance, more invasive airport scanners, increased internet censorship... Transparency is the different direction from where the US government and most of the world's leadership is heading now. You want to keep heading in the current direction? Where do you think it leads?

Good reply, but its still not the same thing. being diplomatic is different from say selling computers. When you forge bonds with your clients no company in the world would admit to making a mistake, any company in the world that would work like that wont have clients, shareholders nor would it get elected. You simply would fail.

Sure it's a case of "I don't know what I don't see", but its the only thing that would work in any society on the planet.

The main thing is...this information does nothing for you, nothing in this stuff about UFO's or bigfoot, mostly just contraversy with dictators and third world countries. These cables don't change your life and it won't change your government, just the countries being affected directly.
edit on 29-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join