It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Found this.. apparently Russia wasn't impressed that Iran or N Korea posed any missile threat.. lol..

The US govt knows better.. be afraid, very afraid.

cablegate....__._/cable/2010/02/10STATE17263.html

SUBJECT: U.S.-RUSSIA JOINT THREAT ASSESSMENT TALKS -
DECEMBER 2009

"While the Russians were prepared for discussions of cooperation at a strategic level on countering missile proliferation, their position remained the same: in their analysis, the missile programs of Iran and the DPRK are not sufficiently developed, and their intentions to use missiles against the U.S. or Russia are nonexistent, thus not constituting a "threat" requiring the deployment of missile defenses."

"For Russia, the bottom line is that, in essence, neither program constitutes a threat at the moment or in the near future."

"(S) Iran Not Capable of Producing Longer-Range Missiles Russia said its bottom line is that Iran lacks appropriate structural materials for long-range systems, such as high quality aluminum. Iran can build prototypes, but in order to be a threat to the U.S. or Russia Iran needs to produce missiles in mass quantities, and it lacks materials sufficient for the type of mass production needed to be a security threat."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

I agree with your post. My main concern with this crisis, is that everyone seems to take Wikileaks at face value, and we don't usually do that with other sources. Wikileaks shows what it wants, when it wants, people eat up. I just think that might be disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Guardian says not much coming for conspiracy theorists. Darn

Intended to be read by officials in Washington up to the level of the secretary of state, the cables are generally drafted by the ambassador or subordinates. Although their contents are often startling and troubling, the cables are unlikely to gratify conspiracy theorists. They do not contain evidence of assassination plots, CIA bribery or such criminal enterprises as the Iran-Contra scandal in the Reagan years, when anti-Nicaraguan guerrillas were covertly financed.

One reason may be that America's most sensitive "top secret" and above foreign intelligence files cannot be accessed from Siprnet, the defence department network involved.

Source: The Guardian

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The governments are gonna put thier foot down agaisnt all this stuff going on.Watch and see how serious all this stuff going on will lead to and with Wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Be under no misaprehension - the direct hit and the subsequent loss of all Chineseembassy staff was no accident - i think it's called quidpro quo... probably got about as many chinks as Rangrs who were lost in the mogadishu betrayal I would say.
Please take your racist epithets elsewhere.
Yes, I have alerted the mods & hopefully they will agree that the integrity of ATS is worth more than your garbled input. We shall see.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Because what Wiki has in its "insurance file", ready to go out at the slightest hint of payback, shutdown or assasination, is much more damning than the files being released now.

What they are going to get now is total embarassment, but if those insurance files are released, all hell would break loose on earth and the US would cease to exist...

Thats my take on it anyway.

The powers would rather get pwnd a little than pwnd a lot..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You know on one side I am so excited I can barely sit still. I have been on the phone with people all day spreading the word, trying to get the info out there, doing everything I can to keep the truth from being shut down. The more people that know about this the harder it will be for it to be shut down or covered up.

And one the other I have this uneasy feeling that if it comes out that these cables aren't true the search for the truth will be set back indefiently. After all, if this isn't all its cracked up to be how many people are just going to ignore it when another situation pops up just like this. It does have me very worried.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

I agree with your post. My main concern with this crisis, is that everyone seems to take Wikileaks at face value, and we don't usually do that with other sources. Wikileaks shows what it wants, when it wants, people eat up. I just think that might be disingenuous.

I imagine the newspapers which have had the documents for some time have satisfied themselves that they believe the docs are bona fide - newspapers do not usually just take something on face value, they check it out, especially something this sensisive.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Because what Wiki has in its "insurance file", ready to go out at the slightest hint of payback, shutdown or assasination, is much more damning than the files being released now.

What they are going to get now is total embarassment, but if those insurance files are released, all hell would break loose on earth and the US would cease to exist...

Thats my take on it anyway.

The powers would rather get pwnd a little than pwnd a lot..

Some of the informaton exposed in today's release is pretty damning, and we don't yet know what is in those still to be made public.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
TPTB are having a bad day today, lol!!!

There's Wikileaks disclosure starting.
DOJ Black Panther Scandal breaking in Washington Post
Insider trader investigation looking very bad for them.

Not a good few days for the vipers, with hopefully more to come!

I believe it's almost time to change TPTB to TPTW!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
TPTB are having a bad day today, lol!!!

There's Wikileaks disclosure starting.
DOJ Black Panther Scandal breaking in Washington Post
Insider trader investigation looking very bad for them.

Not a good few days for the vipers, with hopefully more to come!

I believe it's almost time to change TPTB to TPTW!

Worrying thing is it may be all planned this way..
Who knows?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

Maybe it hints to the danger of turf wars within intel agencies that may commence upon further release of documents that reveal covert diplomacy. The question here is whose diplomacy wikileaks is favoring.

I'm with you here on the question of wikileaks...
My gut instinct tells me there's more to this whole disclosure game than meets the eye.
Something just doesn't seem on the up-n-up to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Not sure I said newspaper, but ok. I guess you believe

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
if it's in print, it must be true.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
just note guys that only 250,000 documents have been leaked out of the 2.8 million that are supposed to exist. give it some time. what we've got now is the kind of stuff the MSM would break. nothing really substantial, nothing life changing, interesting stories, but nothing effective. just don't write of WL yet.

tbh though i am a bit skeptical at what is out right now. most of the stuff kind of goes along with what the government and msm is telling us. Iran performing self incriminating actions, government officials opinion that condemn Iran and NK, fears spreading in the middle east of Iran... the only decent report was the US spying on Ban Ki Moon and China not doing anything about NK missile transportation.
edit on 28-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadoSky
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

It's funny how a site like Wikileaks can cause a national security headache for the United States but, when it comes to illegal downloading, Oh you betcha! websites will be taken down very quickly. Napster, ISOHunt, Kazza, etc even Piratebay has had it's fair share of issues... Yet, Julian Assinage can come through town like a sheriff and wipe his butt with the United States? Seriously! This is nothing but a joke! If this were a real threat or National Security issue, United States would immediately ban DNS services to Wikileaks... You don't need to shut down the website or hack it, just make all ISP's in the United States filter the DNS services... Um kinda like a VPN service... Hmmm i wonder if I.T for the United States have thought about this. Bottom line, I think that is nothing but a PR stunt for Wikileaks. United States keeps it's confidental data very secure... How about some UFO files Wikileaks? Try and get those! Was Corsoe telling the truth? .............................

ISP's are the train conductors, if they don't want you to see something, they wont stop! Filter the DNS already and move on!

from what i read about assange on wikipedia, this guy is a top flight hacker and computer programmer. it says he even developed software that can protect individuals with plausible deniability incase they are ever brought up on copyright charges.

i'm sure they've tried every trick in the book to shut down his website but assange must have thought of everything and put the appropiate countermeasures in effect.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

I agree. Why don't we see Wikileaks releasing sensitive documents from other countries? Mr Assange has an agenda and I feel it is not in the best interests of the US.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
why isnt there anything on WL main page?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Thats funny. Isn't there a law that says that is illigal? Yet, the very same people use that technique on someone? I suppose they can run all the redlights they want as well.

By the way, is there a link that is legit and secure to download the new file from on torrents? To be on the safe side that is.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Hurr I'm disapointed because nothing wikileaks has released so far lives up to the expectations of us conspiracy theorists and doesn't make the government(s) look evil enough, so I'm just going to assume wikileaks, Assange and his staff work for the government

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join