It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The more I look into this stuff, the less interesting it becomes. Every other country in the world has negative opinions of other world leaders. Every other country is spying. The only difference here is that we got specifics in the case of the US.

Think about it. If these had been Chinese or Russian cables, I'd wager that nobody in this thread would be surprised. It's pretty much a given that China and Russia are spying on both the US and the UN. But for some reason, people on ATS put their blinders on whenever a leak or news story has something to do with the US. It becomes sensationalized and made to look like it's such a big deal that the US has been acting in that way.

Will there be fallout/repercussions/consequences in regard to these cables? Probably, but it won't be anything near what some people here seem to believe. I'll reiterate: every other country in the world is doing exactly what the US is doing. World leaders know full well that other countries talk behind their backs. Considering that three million people had access to these cables as per their standard security clearance, I really wouldn't be surprised if foreign spies had access to them as well.

So far, this isn't anything worth getting excited over. It's no different that the kind of things any other country does in the name of foreign policy.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Fox video online of leaks

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted in this thread yet, but here is the direct link to the cables

Cablegate.WikiLeaks.org...
edit on 28-11-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

that link is down

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Damnit, every link someone provides doesn't work. Try this: Leaks?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
there ya go link fixed! just take out the www.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yep. But there is an indicator... currently released so far, 219 / 251,287. So a lot is still waiting to be uploaded.

link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Files are out check it out:
Wikileaks releases new cables
edit on 28/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

My thread got trashed stating the information was already on the site, and it wasnt.

link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
So far, this isn't anything worth getting excited over. It's no different that the kind of things any other country does in the name of foreign policy.

The US is illegally spying on the UN Security Council
in spite of UN Laws which prohibit it.

Getting Biometric Data of ALL UN Security Council
is also an invasion of privacy

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
Without a doubt there is so much more to be released, obviously this first release didn't live up to the hype but they wouldn't have said it was going to change our view on the world if they didn't mean it. I cannot wait for the rest of it or if they release the password to the file, then we would get it all uncensored from the media.

Is there really "more" coming? To me it looks like a clever way for the States to embarrass whomever, and use such to control the likes of Silvio Berlusconi. Just reveal his relationship with Putin by faking some released info, and letting him know that everyone else is now aware of his closeness with the Russian President. So as a result Silvio Berlusconi will now be more careful and less obvious. In fact, decisions he makes will probably be different had this info not been released.

The above is just one example.

I really can't stomach the disinfo from Wiki anymore, as it is pretty clear what they are really about.
edit on 28-11-2010 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I would recommend people do their own research on this material for the shortime.

the smell of agency staff working on this site and other sites at the moment is vomiting inducing.

we can spot you a mile away

I was just considering that, 1st ATS went down for couple of minutes, then every post made in the following 10-15 mins was taking opposing views than what had been previosuly aired. Noting names for future reference

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

And Hillary Clinton is behind the agencies spying on the UN, and it just so happens all of the Biometrics she has tried to access have been those of the countries she has visited the past week!

Shes flying around on our tax dollars to try to cover her own ass cause she knew it would be released

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Google is your friend!.

Try FTW and search within their oldcached forums if they are still alive and active.

A LOT of this stuff has been round for years....

More interesting searches... Delmart Edward Vreeland..& Canada, Bastiansen, and so it goes - if thats not good enough PM me your email and I'll send something might prove my bonefides.

Wikileaks pales in comparison to what info I hold!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Yep. But there is an indicator... currently released so far, 219 / 251,287. So a lot is still waiting to be uploaded.

u r correct
this is not the whole batch.
they are doing it in segments.
I guess it's easier to sift through
this way. The guardian did a fantastic
job of cataloging these items by country.
Thanks for that
I'm using this link

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

From the frontpage: "The cables, which date from 1966 up until the end of February this year, contain confidential communications between 274 embassies in countries throughout the world and the State Department in Washington DC. 15,652 of the cables are classified Secret.

The embassy cables will be released in stages over the next few months. The subject matter of these cables is of such importance, and the geographical spread so broad, that to do otherwise would not do this material justice."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This hasen't even started yet. We haven'd even seen the snowflake on the tip of the mountain. This is a tiny teaser I believe. All the juisy stuff will come, no doubt.
There is a reason why only 250.000 documents were given to the newspapers.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

I really can't stomach the disinfo from Wiki anymore, as it is pretty clear what they are really about.
edit on 28-11-2010 by talisman because: (no reason given)

Cool!!! go somewhere else then. In the mean time the rest of us, actually interested in seeing what comes out of this will continue in meaningful conversation.

It says directly on the website that they have only release 219 of 251,287 cables.... Browsing through the infomation set to be released there are some interesting groups, and names included in the mix. public.tableausoftware.com...

Nonetheless, I am excited for organizations such as wiki leaks helping to keep parts of our world in check. So what they may not be releasing the conspiracy of the century... but heck! its a whole lot better than nothing at all. We all gotta start somewhere

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Just saying.... with such bold claims, I think it is common courtesy to post a link supporting your views.

But ya thx
I'll be sure to check out some of that stuff and see where it leads!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
The US is illegally spying on the UN Security Council
in spite of UN Laws which prohibit it.

Getting Biometric Data of ALL UN Security Council
is also an invasion of privacy

And you think countries like Russia and China aren't doing this? As I said in my post, the only difference is that the US got caught.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join