It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of agent provovoteurs on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
this site is owned by the government and everything you've said will be held against each and everyone of you after the sting has been concluded......I ASSURE YOU:/

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
provocateurs have been able to infiltrate and cripple this forum... IMO

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Why should i have to think twice about my freedom of speech?

Wont happen until they cut out my toungue

Yopu know, some thinking before you say something isn't a bad thing.
Everybody is bitching about freedom of speech this and that, but nobody sems to give a crap about the consequenses that follow.
That is one of the biggest problems in our world at the moment.
Everybody want's to bitch about everything, but nobody want's to be responsible for what follows after their bitching.
Freedom is great, but personal responsability should go hand in hand with that freedom.
So please do think before speaking. Instead of speaking/bitching and then bitching about the consequenses.
We are human beings, we are suppossed to be the advanced ones on this planet.
So why act like a bunch of cackeling chickens?
People need to learn to be responsible for their actions and for what they say.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the purpose of an "inciting agent" on the internet is to sway opinion.

if you refrain from speaking your mind, then these agents have succeeded..

they are sent to quell dissent, so dissent you must be.

you might as well get the label now, as opposed to later when your opinion wont matter.

until the actual internet as we know it comes down and is replaced with something they TOTALLY control, go ahead and speak out. all they can do is (try to) scare you.

if you dont, we might as well fast forward to the global enslavement part.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

getting comfortable with "not speaking" on something in my mind has way more dire consequences than simply speaking on the matter and dealing with any outrage accordingly.

its the bully on the playground concept. give in and he wins.

just the fact that speech is such a big deal to them should show you exactly how important it is in the bigger picture.

they rely on predictable opinion. anything outside of those predictable parameters, is a problem. if free will is somehow a problem, then a hidden agenda should be apparent.

wake up.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
this site is owned by the government and everything you've said will be held against each and everyone of you after the sting has been concluded......I ASSURE YOU:/

How can you assure anyone of speculation that has no basis, at all, in fact? Do you have a single shred of corroborating evidence to back up this statement, or is it just air? BTW that was a rhetorical question.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'd advise you to just speak up whenever you want.
They can only kill so many of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
i also think "agents" is more likely to be "agent".

it would only take 1 decently trained individual to handle this entire site.

sometimes i wish i had admin access, just so i could pull up the proxies half of these suspect accounts use, and confirm my suspicions.

then again...that would be overkill.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Short answer, no one with half a brain would think a site as big as ATS does not have these people as members..

It's totally improbable to think otherwise..
So just learn to live with them..

Yep and they actually stick out like soar thumbs too... Ever notice the members with an "nothing to see here move along" attitude on several thread, where they express and use the exact same debunk techniques??

I'm beginning to build a list of them. not sure if ATS will allow me to post them though as I bet it contravenes several of the strict Ts&Cs.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yes here on ATS they do have them, Obama calls that the "Q-Group special security wing with the sole task of distancing Washington from any involvement in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

They do have half of that group just to counter attack the 9-11 conspiracy thread forum here

Investigative journalist Wayne Madsen claims the group has since grown into a disproportionate counter-intelligence force, mainly targeting journalists and prosecuting whistleblowing security officials

According to Madsen, this group is fully operational and is called the Q Group of the National Security Agency and its headquarters are within the headquarters of NSA at Fort Meade, Maryland. Q Group works in close cooperation with the FBI counter intelligence officers, as well as local police department intelligence units.

Madsen insists that the group is very large and approximately 1,000 agents and informers are employed by this secret agency within the already secretive NSA.

Under President Barack Obama there has been no effort to curtail this ultra-secretive organization. Unfortunately, the NSAs power is growing because the Obama administration is now giving them new powers to conduct surveillance in cyberspace, placing cyber command under the control of NSA, said Madsen.

Source

Video on the Q-group

PS: Some powerfull thread i can't Flag them What is the issue
edit on 29-11-2010 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"...and maintaining the existing social and political order."

I think this kind of sums it up. Wouldn't want anyone to start using their critical faculties, or start thinking for themselves now would we?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

There is one thing that needs to be said here and that is that anyone with half a brain will recognize a person who attempts to inject disinformation into a topic. The easy way to spot them is in noting how they react to statements. When something is said that they like they may say nothing or perhaps reinforce that but when someone else begins talking about a thing which is one of their agenda items they will attempt to dissuade or redirect or minimize or distract. They are pretty obvious.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
edit on 29-11-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
One could speculate that these disinfo agents target threads and posts that have hit upon certain truths. When, for example, some facts about - let's say - 9/11, the true politics behind the "terrorism" threat, epidemics, social uprising etc. are revealed and discussed, we can see several derailing and provocative posts, some better organized, some just psychobabble.

Generally, I'm highly dubious about most new members whose mindset seems just a little out of place and constantly seem to try to derail the topic with minor issues. When this happens, I think you've hit something real

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One of the tactics of any good agent is divide and conquer.
Get the people to take sides against one another, and distrust one another, and your job is easy after that.

Be very careful of the witch hunts.
Nothing good ever comes out of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
One of the tactics of any good agent is divide and conquer.
Get the people to take sides against one another, and distrust one another, and your job is easy after that.

Be very careful of the witch hunts.
Nothing good ever comes out of them.

I wanna be on team Jacob...Wait that's the werewolf right?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't believe the Govt. monitors this site more than any other conspiracy theory site.
But, I've been here for years and in some cases, some posters should be monitored.
I'm talking about the idiots who talk about armed uprisings, and seem to suggest that some harm should come to our duly elected representatives.
As repellent as that is, I have read it more times than I remember on this site.
But in general I've never really seen any talk that would suggest this site is worth monitoring. In all the years I've browsed and posted, I've never seen anything more than your basic run of the mill Bilderberger/NWO/9-11/Alex Jones, baloney, though this site is better organized than most. And the moderators, for the most part seem to be reasonable people, and have in the past taken me to task(and rightfully so) for being a smartaleck. I've even been banned for a short time, ah well.
I guess the point is I've never been quite impressed enough with the 'truths' people post here to be convinced that there's any real evidence of suppression of anything, or any great conspiracy (though hope springs eternal). I don't see the threat. I'm interested why anyone would assume somebody is ACTIVELY watching, and that there's anything WORTH watching.
I don't see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs

Bilderberger/NWO/9-11/Alex Jones, baloney

Baloney? I guess you didn't read the 50 Facts Concerning 9/11 that Point Away from the OS (The Facts Speak For Themselves)-thread.

I seriously advise anyone capable of critical thinking to read that thread.

While I agree with some posters that the 9/11 is old news, it's just a perfect example how people are constantly lied to about important issues, and how these certain elements in the government are actually blaming "terrorists" and other parties about their own terrorist acts. Rotten to the core.
edit on 29/11/2010 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So people who cause problems contrary to your beliefs, who speak out on a forum against your point of view are agent provocateurs? Sounds like someone is suffering from a bit of schizophrenia. Almost sounds like the people supporting the POTUS. If you aren't with us, you're the enemy or you're a racist or some BS like that... Just take a step back, breathe, grow some thicker skin. While the internet and the world is full of A-holes, they are more than likely NOT on some counter intel payroll who's intention is JUST to upset you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Anyone who thinks there's any kind of "threat" on ATS among all the idiocy is giving us way too much credit. For a site that destroys its own credibility by permitting baseless threads to run on over 30+ (or hundreds) of pages...Just scanning a couple of pages of the "most recent posts," or a look at the hottest topics, and a hungry cop will move to more fertile ground. And minds.

Meh. You'd be surprised. What they look for is who aggregates on the site, more than what is posted there 90% of the time.

Anywhere you get a lot of military, intel or aerospace guys piling up, no matter what the forum is for, They® peek in from time to time. If it tends to occasionally devolve into "shop talk" they spider the thing and look for keywords. Sometimes they have guys who have to read every post, even when it's about Lady Gaga or something equally as interesting.

I don't know about ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join