It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the FREEMASONS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Mankind has always taken basic symbols and shapes and used them as images to represent something.

Seriously....should mankind not use symbols and shapes to represent things so the world doesnt always think there is some hidden motive?

I loved the movie and found it normal to take basic shapes/images that are already a part of mankinds consciousness and use them in the movie.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I have yet to see any proof that many areas of Freemasonry is not rife with corruption

Because you can't find evidence to say something does exist if it's not there!

They use very familiar tactics - proof, proof, proof.

Well if someone is going to shoot their mouth off it is not unreasonable to ask for proof!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

You get the exact same result with any M used in any form on any logo or word.

It's just the letter M.

Harry Potter is a very well written book series with a lot of occult and historical reference to it. I don't recall anything Masonic though, though I don't rule it out. And incidentally, the movies were garbage (where this logo comes from) the books have all the real depth.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
If you look for something like that, you will find it.

There is no connection between the Freemasons and Harry Potter.

He did find it, and that's why he posted it on ATS.

The figure above the M looks like a cross between the 47th Problem of Euclid and some sort of sexual imagery

There is also a sword and 7-pointed stars.

BTW that "freemasonry symbol" is called the "square-and-compasses"

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sorry for the late reply, I logged in last night and found my thread had turned into yet another ATS slanging match and decided my priorities were offline last night.

Wether or not even I think that symbol has anything to do with the masons, there are other symbols throughout that movie that suggest simlar things. The symbol for the three deathly hallows together, the wand, the cloak and the stone, as someone else mentioned, looks very much like the all seeing eye, and of course the pyramid.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have read all 7 books and seen the last 6 films, yet to see number 7. I agree, the series is full of symbolism and occult references. However, I am pretty sure, my opinion, that there are not direct Masonic references. We, humans, have the ability to subconsiously fill in gaps in imagery and create patterns or signs that in actual fact, are not there.

I can understand many people finding symbols hidden within shpaes and other symbology. It is a natural function of our brain.
edit on 29/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Any takers?

It is possible that the designer who came up with the insignia of the Ministry of Magic did some research on insignias of 'secret societies', found the insignia of Freemasonary, and decided to riff off of it. It happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by wcitizen

I have yet to see any proof that many areas of Freemasonry is not rife with corruption

Because you can't find evidence to say something does exist if it's not there!

So, you seem to be postulating that absence of disease cannot be proven. Lol! I have to disagree. Security vetting, auditing, ethical investigations, for example - all seek to ascertain absence of corruption in order to give a company or an organisation a 'clean bill of health'.

They use very familiar tactics - proof, proof, proof.

Well if someone is going to shoot their mouth off it is not unreasonable to ask for proof!

Only if the proof the person is shooting their mouth off for, is something they know it would be possible to obtain. Shouting your mouth off for the kind of proof which you know is impossible to obtain is just a means to falsely discredit somone's argument.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Do you ACTUALLY know ANYTHING about the occult? I've seen a lot of people here bandy around occult references and symbols, yet they seem to know NOTHING. Have you ever been involved in the occult? I have, friend, and let me tell you it's a lot different than people on here would have you believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

friend, do you know what Occult means? You may have been involved in witchcraft, or some other instance, but Occult means hidden. It has been used to describe evil things before, but it is not in itself an evil word. Freemasonry fits into the definition of occult. The meaning of it's symbols are hidden from the non adept. To become adept, you have to study. remove the veil. make it not hidden from you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

network_dude is spot on, my friend. The Harry Potter series is chock full of occult symbolism, but don't you think it should be??? It's about friggin' wizards and witches, God's sake!!
It seems obvious to me, who *does* know the "occult" of your definition, that the symbolism and references in HP are more in line with alchemy, and possibly even Hermeticism or Rosicrucianism, than Masonry. Further, I could be wrong (because I'm a WOMAN, so how would I know??
) but I don't think Masonry uses sigils...

The M in the OP's post is an interesting perspective, but not likely based upon the knowledge of people who have more familiarity with these subjects.
edit on 29-11-2010 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's not surprising seeing as the Ministry of Magic in the Harry Potter world is extremely corrupt. In the books it was easily taken over by the villain and used for propaganda purposes.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I have previously studied under the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of the Black Dragon, the Order of the Nine Angles, the Luciferian Order of Choronzon and the Temple of the Black Light. I have knowledge of many things much deeper than the average witchcraft referred to commonly today.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Most of the "Occult" though has to do with mythology. Particularly Roman/Greek mythology.. Rowling is a true genius in the way she crafted the story and it's characters in correlation with myth and belief while not being obvious about it at all. Many are against Harry Potter because it's "Satanic" or, in the OP's case, he think's M's are all Masonic. In actuality the book correlates numerous religions, including Christianity heavily, but also several Pantheons.

I studied with the Secret Order of Pink Ninja Dragons of Hades.

edit on 11/29/2010 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Believe me. I have studied the Occult, witchcraft, Druids and Ancient Religions for the last 30 years now, and I still know very little.

My above reference was addressing the process of the human mind and its ability to create patterns from radomness. Hardly occult or demonic.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

friend, do you know what Occult means? You may have been involved in witchcraft, or some other instance, but Occult means hidden. It has been used to describe evil things before, but it is not in itself an evil word. Freemasonry fits into the definition of occult. The meaning of it's symbols are hidden from the non adept. To become adept, you have to study. remove the veil. make it not hidden from you.

Precisely. The symbols and their associated meanings make little sense unless one has read the books, performed the rites, and blown the top of one's head off (metaphorically speaking) a couple of times. One has to do the work to understand it.

Good to meet another seeker on the path, network_dude. 93.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Believe me. I have studied the Occult, witchcraft, Druids and Ancient Religions for the last 30 years now, and I still know very little.

One never stops learning or figuring new things out. One never knows as much as one hopes one does. One only does what one can with the time one has. One learns more when one teaches someone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by network dude

I have previously studied under the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of the Black Dragon, the Order of the Nine Angles, the Luciferian Order of Choronzon and the Temple of the Black Light. I have knowledge of many things much deeper than the average witchcraft referred to commonly today.

here we are on a thread talking about witches and wizards, and you seem to be a few steps above them. Fantastic. I for one (being someone who doesn't believe in magic or demons) would be very interested to hear your take on those subjects. Do you believe in magic? Do you believe in demons? Do you believe in controlling evil? based on your search thus far, it looks like you are looking for the things Crowley was searching for.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

There are some characters out here apart of the freemasonry, or so the bumpersticker claims on the back of their car

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I searched 'Harry Potter' on ATS to see if anyone had noticed the masonic'esque logo before I made the thread myself. Oddly enough, this one isn't about the same one I noticed. The "Deathly Hollows" symbol is a triangle, with what looks like an eyeball in it... though the movie DOES explain the symbol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join