It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

What is going on?

link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
You guys are posting links to headlines for which there is no article. Come on...not everyone on here is 14. You have to do better than that!!

You are just dying to try and prove someone wrong....unfortunately, you are the one passng incorrect info. Even the BBC and CNN are covering it now.

Get over it.

link   

Originally posted by Symp EL
I do find it realistic for Japan to get involved since they absolutely hate NK. That combined with the their current gripe with China over the disputed island.

Japan will not get involved unless attacked. The constitution prevents that.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
whatever happens, we need to pray for the Koreans during this time....

Hopefully, there is no war and Kim Jong backs down

Back down?? It aint NK warships off the NK coast..
They were asked to go somewhere else..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Here is a full article on the situation

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

I do find it realistic for Japan to get involved since they absolutely hate NK. That combined with the their current gripe with China over the disputed island.

Japan will not get involved unless attacked. The constitution prevents that.

I understand what their constitution says, but there is no way Japan stays out of it if two nuclear countries are fighting that close to them. Sadly, I could see NK firing anything at Japan just to be pricks and spread the fighting.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Symp EL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So whats the deal with lifting the evacuation if "shelling" might be underway? Or is it just an unorganized media mess right now considering the tension over there?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OMG,.
It is like children arguing in the back seat,.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
... or a news blackout?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They are covering what??? I have been on there.

Yes NK has deployed missiles BUT HAS NOT FIRED THEM AS YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.

And NO SHELLING on Y-Island has been confirmed. So you tell me.

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You guys are posting links to headlines for which there is no article. Come on...not everyone on here is 14. You have to do better than that!!

You are just dying to try and prove someone wrong....unfortunately, you are the one passng incorrect info. Even the BBC and CNN are covering it now.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
North Korea could be conducting their own drills as well,so the evacuation order could have been issued as a precaution.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sounds more like posturing. No doubt thats all they can do which is deploy missiles hoping to scare the U.S. Navy away but thats not enough. They are bluffing believe me. Not worth causing a war that could end their rule.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
So whats the deal with lifting the evacuation if "shelling" might be underway? Or is it just an unorganized media mess right now considering the tension over there?

Everybody is getting carried away - I think one artillery type of sound was heard and there was initial panic. Unfortunately, this is why it's a dangerous situation - it only takes somebody with an itchy trigger finger to panic and we have a major incident on our hands.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think it is a huge media cluster-mess. right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LOL-u kids are so funny. Nothing is going down okay? I promise....just enough hype to keep us all glued to the computers for nothing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

They are covering what??? I have been on there.

Yes NK has deployed missiles BUT HAS NOT FIRED THEM AS YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.

And NO SHELLING on Y-Island has been confirmed. So you tell me.

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Get over it.

You arn't even bothering to read. I am the one who pointed out that deploying was not the same as firing. The Op admitted his mistake.

There are reputable KOREAN news outlets reporting that artillery has been HEARD. The BBC and CNN are covering the same exact information.

YOU are the one who said there was no live firing in the SK/US exercise, which is, as you would probably jump to label it, disinformation.

please leave this thread if you are only here to deflect and attack

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not really....Fox and CNN have the war games as secondary and even tertiary headlines. And even then its just about the exercises nothing about any new shelling.

I think it is a huge media cluster-mess. right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This just in on Sky News

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I understand what their constitution says, but there is no way Japan stays out of it if two nuclear countries are fighting that close to them. Sadly, I could see NK firing anything at Japan just to be pricks and spread the fighting.

Bet you a bottle of nihonshu Japan stays out unless there is shelling of a Japanese city.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

There is a lot of fear-mongering and war-monerging on ATS because a LOT of folks on here are mentally disturbed and actually want WW3 to break out. Some are just unhappy in their current lives and hope something drastic like WW3 will happen. Others have spent tons of $$$$ on prepping for WW3 so they are hoping for some big event so that they dont look like idiots for having wasted their money. Others are teenage kids who think it would be "cool for this to happen. Either way, when nothing comes of the current war games there will be a LOT of ATS'ers who are unhappy and will turn their focus to another potential catastrophic event to look forward to. Until then, theres always 2012!!!

Exactly right.

Very little's going on, but some creepy 'WW3' mentalists are posting the same alarmist nonsense on here and various other forums. Cringeworthy stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join