It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
north K. is real problem i was reading special report about iran and implication with north K. strange but i found it credible. and maybe iran push north k. for war just to have more time because west will be busy dealing with NK.??? time will tell???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
here's a great look at NK...www.theonion.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
cnn just reported 3 hours ago for about a whole .3 milliseconds that "korea is at the brink of war."
that's odd because cnn makes it's bread and butter exploiting war.

if it was true they'd be ramping up their propaganda to get as much viewers ( ie. money ) as possible.

maybe they slipped and released the pre made headline before it was due.

i suspect in the next 2-3 weeks korea will be at war and in the next 6-7 months the u.s. will join.

then get ready for armageddon because israel will take advantage of the situation and start their much delayed airstrikes against iran.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
cnn just reported 3 hours ago for about a whole .3 milliseconds that "korea is at the brink of war."
that's odd because cnn makes it's bread and butter exploiting war.

if it was true they'd be ramping up their propaganda to get as much viewers ( ie. money ) as possible.

maybe they slipped and released the pre made headline before it was due.

i suspect in the next 2-3 weeks korea will be at war and in the next 6-7 months the u.s. will join.

then get ready for armageddon because israel will take advantage of the situation and start their much delayed airstrikes against iran.

The Koreas have been "On the brink of war" according to the media for the last week....

Why is this new news to you?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well leaving the guessing to a minimum, and hello to all that are listening been doing my holiday shin digs.. I am not surprised NK is deploying armaments on the border. AA missile battalions are staged and set up after all the rhetoric sounds about right. The position now is this. What do we do if one of these AA missile battalions get a radar lock on one of our aircraft flying out in the Yellow sea? Would that be considered an act of aggression? You betcha. Now I am no expert in SA class AA missile battalions nor do I feel like doing a matrix download on Wiki, tonight but I am curious on the range of the radar and if these radars are at current active. Putting a radar lock on a US aircraft or SK aircraft just might be the straw that brakes the camels back.. Good thread by the way, glad you cleaned up the paranoid sensationalism as well with the first thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

We can speculate forever on all the "what If's".. But yeah it would be taken as aggression.

But who says they will lock onto anything? I doubt that they will.
It's a good point to bring up, but I'm just sick of speculating on all the what ifs. It'll either happen or it won't.

Until then I'm not going to work myself up over speculation

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

When you have time to prepare before a stressful situation do it.

When trouble comes I like to see it coming. Yet I do understand what you are saying. The thing that troubles me thou, is if you think long and hard about the world and the peril of the World you can see the Horizon on the future very clearly. Its very ugly and sinister. Whether you see it or not is the opinion at hand. Its been that way for a very damn long time.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

Big deal. the SA2 is a very old missile. We've had countermeasures against it since Vietnam and it does nothing more than make a target for our missiles to destroy their radar sites.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I dont think really anything is going to happen now china wants talks south korea wont attack north korea cause of china u.s. all we are doing is showing our muscle nothing is going to happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
exactly washington has them on their front lawn.

reply to post by awakentired

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
SA-2's aren't exactly the most lethal and up to date SAMs. It actually shows that Kim Dong Il is an idiot because they aren't meant for front-line deployment. With SEAD, proper countermeasures and EAW support the threat can be minimized. They have in an excess of 250+ missiles but that isn't saying much because they are extremely widespread. CAP's flying near the border are of course within range and this is an aggressive stance but trying to knock off aircraft with those kinds of missiles at any great distance will be stupid. Low altitude and NOE flying basically cancels them out. Also keep in mind the max range is around 50 km's so they do have some nice reach. Commercial airliners will definitely be in danger.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

and what exactly will happen? Absolutely nothing! North Korea is a cowardly little nation that plays games constantly, like a little brat that you have to throw down on the floor and hurt to finally get them to stop misbehaving...

Even if they ever have a U.S. plane in their sights they don't have the balls to fire at it. Even though we/the US would not do anything even if a plane did get shot down by them...

It's so ridiculous to watch that i don't even really bother to be concerned anymore, i've never seen a game of chess where no one ever makes a move... Then when they do, you really didn't see what you thought you saw, so nothing really happen, you only thought something happened, it's always mysterious.

I'm also beginning to wonder if any leader in this world can do anything at all about any problem, everyone is so afraid to act... North Korea keeps on developing Nuclear Power, and tells the world about it, Iran continues to cunningly develop Nuclear Capability and with their lying nature defenately will one day have a bunker full of Nuclear Weapons at their command... It's so stupid to have to have a problem run up and knock you out, when it was a clear and present danger...

Obviously North Korea is a problem, it's interesting why China protects them. It's like North Korea is China's little wild card, China seems to use North Korea the same as Iran uses Hezbolah, a way of having Military action without being directly involved, a puppet... The United States needs a Puppet, that can go around and cause problems, but can't be directly linked to anyone larger country to be held accountable...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Once these koreans realize that no one is going to side with them due to the economic situation, they'll stop this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

This is going to be a close one. Kim Jong Il is a megalomaniac, and as I heard on FOX news today, it is believed that he has 1 to 3 years to live.When nutcases like that have the means and is dying, hates his own people as well as the South Koreans and is losing all respect, even from China, what does he have to lose.

Also be aware that North Korea has 1,700 Artillery pieces deployed at the border and have for years, they could decimate Seoul in a few hours with out a serious counter attack. Things could get really bad...for all of us. Let's hope this does not happen

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax1209

yea . that is why the only response to this bull is going to be tactical nukes. We don't have the bullet stoppers to field for a long term war. If the ptb have in their agenda to slowly bleed the middle east then this NK fiasco will be dealt with quickly and China be warned.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Look at the timing of all NK missile launches. They seem to suspiciously coincide with negotiations we have with Japan over US bases, and NOW we get a launch towards S Korea when Obama makes a visit for trade with the US.

I looks to me like NK is a useful bad guy who scares the locals when they are needed -- and we make tough and pretend to stomp our feet angrily. They seem to be playing ball the way Saddam USED TO.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The SA 2 which every one is talking about is of Jurassic age doubt if they even will work the west has many examples of them and worked on the counter measures many armed forces in world have stopped using them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
They are going to kill the Americans, everyone beware, call congress for a war

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Okay...so, as I said back in Nov. "Nothing's Going To Happen" over and over again.

Here we are. It's Dec. 30th.

So, where's this war that a good lot of you we're shouting about?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

This ain't over by a long shot. If you notice, the war has not ended since it started on June 25 1950.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join