It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I was talking about the attack the other day; not this "Non-attack"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am freaking out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
OK, so "deployed" means to get them ready for action or to move them. I read "deployed" as fired.

Here is the NK news feed from breakingnews.com

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

There is nothing to freak out about right now. This seems to be just more saber rattling, but it sure does look like everyone involved is trying to one up the other. Its a very deadly game of chess, but you have to wonder what is it going to take to push this over the edge and just how close are we
edit on 27-11-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I am freaking out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down you....!

North Korea will most likely turn on their Tracking and Control systems and try to lock onto any nearby aircraft. Now if they take the next step and actually fire then we'll have a problem. South Korean and American Aircraft will most likely hear a tone if the North gets a lock-on.

Cat and Mouse

BALLS of steal
This isn't for the faint of heart.
edit on 27-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Me, too, but only because I had plans to watch a movie and go to bed early tonight figuring this nonsense wouldn't start until sometime in the early morning. Now my attentions been diverted it would be impossible to concentrate on said movie. Launch them or don't. All this build up... It's like an epically un-epic staring contest.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wish folks on here would stop with all of the dis-info.

NK has deployed missiles and has NOT fired them. Also the US/NK drills are not firing live ammunition.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Japan spots Chinese vessels near disputed islands: report

The Japanese coast guard has spotted two Chinese vessels attempting on Sunday to enter waters near islands in the East China Sea that are disputed by the two countries, Kyodo News reported.

us.mobile.reuters.com...

I could see China using this to negotiate with the US regarding NK.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
SA-2 : en.wikipedia.org...:RV_i_PVO_S-75_(SA-2)_Neva.jpg

The weather in SK is cold 20's-30's and clear, with little wind 5-11mph. The weather is not expected to change for a couple days. Good flying weather, unfornatually its probably good for missiles too.

Dang the link is not working......anyone care to help, thanks
edit on 27-11-2010 by nocents because: bad link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If this turns in to war, it could possibly be WW3, i mean, all the major militaries will be on a side, U.S, U.K., Canada, France, possibly India and others will fight with SK, while China,Russia, Possibly turkey, pakistan, iran and others fighting with NK. Hopefully it wont turn to war, and if it does come to that, hopefully it only goes between NK and SK, in which case, SK will most likely win. If its between all the major players, im not sure who would win, Russia does have over 20 million people in its reserve forces
edit on 27-11-2010 by TheDebunkMachine because: (no reason given)

link   
And so it begins,

Anyone watching MBN Live Korean News

Live TV Website MBN News is on the right, if anyone speaks Korean id be very grateful, but they are certainly showing a lot of images of the American ship & debating

link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I wish folks on here would stop with all of the dis-info.

NK has deployed missiles and has NOT fired them. Also the US/NK drills are not firing live ammunition.

Its not dis info. I already acknowledged that I read it wrong. Did you read the thread? I did not come here on my own dis info campaign. Stop being weird.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
IMO if the North just OPENS FIRE at an SKorean airplane, even if it doesn't hit him, it will be viewed as an act of war.

Of course... the question is... will the pilot/radar people/SK government keep quiet about it if it happens?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
IMO if the North just OPENS FIRE at an SKorean airplane, even if it doesn't hit him, it will be viewed as an act of war.

IF they launch and IF SK/US defensive countermeasures fail and IF North Korea actually gets a hit then maybe..

Lot's of "If's"

edit on 27-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think they will try to keep it quite. My thing is, how could they? There must be a army of news cameras in the area after the past week. I know there isn't much footage on tv or online about, but there just has to be cameras or at least reports ready to break the story.

Once it breaks SK has to respond if only to keep there own people calm about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just found this,not much info on it yet..

Emergency evacuation order issued for civilians on Yeonpyeong Island

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And its just this type of stuff that sells bad news. Youre just as bad as the MSM. If you dont know the difference ebwteen "deployed" and "fired" you need not post.

Originally posted by Symp EL
OK, so "deployed" means to get them ready for action or to move them. I read "deployed" as fired.

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
From breakingnews.com

S. Korea orders residents of bombarded Yeonpyeong Island to shelters after reports of N. Korea missile deployment

from the main banner on reuters.com

North Korea places surface-to-surface missiles on Yellow Sea launch pads

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
And its just this type of stuff that sells bad news. Youre just as bad as the MSM. If you dont know the difference ebwteen "deployed" and "fired" you need not post.

Originally posted by Symp EL

www.breakingnews.com...

Ok Jesus. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

And you are as bad as the trolls around here. Quit clogging the thread. He admitted his mistake. Get over it, most.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join