It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that puzzles me....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Let me start by saying my thought process is a little left of center. If I offend anyone it is not on purpose, I just think WAY outside the box.
At the age of 46 I have lived in some of the largest cities in North America. I have spent countless hours in shopping malls, libraries and other places frequented by senior citizens. To this day I have NEVER come across a dead one. How is it, with old people dropping like flies, that not ONE of them ever "expires" in the process of shopping or walking through the park?
How is it possible that by chance alone senior citizens expire only discretely behind closed doors?
I'm not talking about victims of accident or crime, believe it or not I have been in the right place at the wrong time on two seperate occasions. I am saying I have never seen a senior citizen or any other person expired on the side of the road or crumpled Elvis style in the toilet at the airport.
It seems to me that humans have the ability to kind of hang in there or give up on their own terms.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

My uncle was driving my truck at the beginning of the year and got rear ended by an old man who apparently had a massive heart attack and died with the pedal to the metal!

It's okay though because in the state of Texas it's legal to double dip the insurance.

I do think that living beings can hold out until they want to give out to some large degree. This isn't just with humans, either. This is seem quite often in pets that stay alive while seriously diseased just because their owner really needs them, and after whatever it is passes, the pet will instinctively find a spot to their selves and silently pass away. Why shouldn't we be able to hold on and give out as we choose? Seems entirely logical to me. There is no joy without suffering, or life without death. At some point it seems the detriments outweigh the benefits of continuing to go on. I find it fascinating how some young individuals give out so early. Perhaps many of them simply feel too deeply?!
edit on 27-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS ... and you pose quite a question there ... now you set me thinking about it I really have no answer ...

'and what the hell is Goofy' ?

Always stay outside that box my friend it's the only place to think !

Woody

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe because........
.....they........
...uhhhmm.......
I have no clue. I have never seen a senior citizen 'expire' so its quite hard to imagine it.
When you find the answer, Good for you!
Kick back, relax, smell the BS, and don't feed the trolls

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
1st you have not offended me because that is an interesting question. And the more I think about it the more it puzzles me.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I seriously haven't a clue what the mystery is here. There's nothing magical about any of this. The body wears out. It becomes painful to continue on. After a certain threshold is reached, the individual will instinctively pick a time when they are alone to pass in peace, and not burden others with watching them die. This is totally natural. You can't possibly go on without the will to exist. Once that will expires, vamanos!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I'd say it's because they're usually too sick/weak to be out and about in the first place. Or they're in the hospital.
But there has to be times when senior citizens would all of a sudden drop dead in the middle of picking up some groceries, I just don't think it would be very likely that you'd be standing there witnessing it.

You've got a good thinking process, I'll give you that.

edit on 27-11-2010 by nicolee123nd because: thddfjhkujdft

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A little over 20 years ago, when I was 13 or 14, I was pretty much forced to attend a Christmas show at church with my family. My Dad didnt have to go, lucky him. Anyway. About 7 or 8 minutes to the show, on Christmas Eve, the pastor (an older gentlemen, probably in his 70's or 80's) was acting in a play. He was acting as the grandfather to a couple of children, probably getting to the point of teaching some lesson on Christmas morning. As he was walking over to the children, he fell face first. Oddly enough, it seemed that this had to do with the play, and as he went down, I seem to remember people clapping...as if they were watching an Academy Award performance. Needless to say, it was not part of the play and he fell over dead. Rescuers tried to revive him, to no avail.
So...older people do in fact die at untimely times.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is interesting, because I was just thinking about this.
Except.. with dogs.
My dog died by himself the same day he was supposed to be put down
and the same thing recently happened to my uncle's dog. It's strange.. maybe they know? So many mysteries of life!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
To this day I have NEVER come across a dead one. How is it, with old people dropping like flies, that not ONE of them ever "expires" in the process of shopping or walking through the park?
How is it possible that by chance alone senior citizens expire only discretely behind closed doors?
I'm not talking about victims of accident or crime...
It seems to me that humans have the ability to kind of hang in there or give up on their own terms.

Kinda true. Elder people die all the time and in lots of public places like nursing home waiting rooms. I think we've just gotten better at detecting those moments when people need more assistance and don't leave them to struggle alone as they weaken.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Let me start by saying my thought process is a little left of center. If I offend anyone it is not on purpose, I just think WAY outside the box.

That is the best place to be, Trublbrwing. Conformity is for those who aren't ready for the truth. Peace & Welcome.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Respectfully, I have been to some pretty rough areas where concern for the elderly and their health status is not high on the priority list. Somehow there is no real difference.
By the way, what are the four flags (current count) doing on the field? I honestly hope I haven't upset anyone with my question.

top topics

join