It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy Leary and the Illuminati

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I would like more information on the subject of Timothy Leary and Aldous Huxley's Illuminati that they created. Information pertaining to this "Illuminati" would be most beneficial. I appreciate any and all information pertaining to this so-called "Illuminati."

It is true that Leary created an "Illuminati" according to this website, home.dti.net... which states under the 60-61 years,

Huxley, who is at Harvard on a visiting professorship, urges Leary to form a secret order of '___'-Illuminati, to launch and lead a psychedelic conspiracy to brainwash influential people for the purposes human betterment. "That's how everything of culture and beauty and philosophic freedom has been passed on," Huxley tells him. "Initiate artists, writers, poets, jazz musicians, elegant courtesans. And they'll educate the intelligent rich."

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

This is the first I have heard of this, but I'm going to do some research now.. Thanks!

if you find anything, please do share

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yea- his whole trip was that '___'-25 was a means for spiritual liberation and illumination; though he was very strongly against dosing anyone without their knowledge and consent. He was a playful and clever character, as his 'Illuminati' was composed of individuals who had experienced the illumination of ego-loss under the influence of '___', and served as a type of counter movement to the feared, shadowy, and ancient Illuminati, who is believed to benefit from, and/or foster the neurotic behavior of the 'ego-identity' of the public, by whatever means (e.g., marketing, mass-media, etc).

I highly recommend his work, 'The Politics of Ecstasy,' which I believe he wrote while he was still Professing at Harvard; as well as Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson's, 'Illuminatus Trilogy,' which gives a fictional account of what Leary had in mind.

If you are up for experimentation, I suggest reading Leary's 'The Psychedelic Experience; The Tibetan Book of the Dead,' as a thorough understanding of its contents allows the individual to derive a maximum benefit from the use of '___'. However, I am not condoning the use of illegal substances.

-xox

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

I caught Leary and Robert Anton Wilson together on a lecture circuit in the late 80's and don't recall him mentioning the continued existence of such an entity.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
this thread will probably get killed, but who knows. in order to discuss it you need to talk about lsd, which i thought was prohibited in the t & c.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty

Huxley, who is at Harvard on a visiting professorship, urges Leary to form a secret order of '___'-Illuminati, to launch and lead a psychedelic conspiracy to brainwash influential people for the purposes human betterment. "That's how everything of culture and beauty and philosophic freedom has been passed on," Huxley tells him. "Initiate artists, writers, poets, jazz musicians, elegant courtesans. And they'll educate the intelligent rich."

I think Huxley & Leary succeeded...

Isn't this what's known as the Democratic Party???

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by LightofLiberty

I think Huxley & Leary succeeded...

Isn't this what's known as the Democratic Party???

No. If it were it would be a dream come true

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09

No. If it were it would be a dream come true

Well, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you are that anxious for a communist government, there are plenty in the eastern hemisphere I could point you towards....

My apologies, Liberty, for the thread jack....

new topics

top topics

join