It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-South Korea military exercises under way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do you think Iran will stop developing there nuclear program? No. Do you think Isreal is going to let them keep developing there nuclear program? No. Is there religious tension between Iran and Isreal? yes.

So in my eyes theres no way there won't be conflict.

WW3? maybe

Major conflict?

Definetely!

edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: I by no means want any conflict to happen I just think it's inevidable
edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Agreed!
It is a good thing that nothing like ww3 has happened.

And i've also noticed the ATS cheering section for ww3 or what have you.

I think theres a disconnect while online.

People being "excited" for possible war or "let down" that some cartoon prediction didnt bring about the end of the world,is sad.

I see people talking about the U.S defeating N.Korea,and a war with China,as if it were a simple video game to be played out.

ITS NOT!

None of this conjecture is funny or worth anticipating.
In the end of these discussions,people should realise,people will die.

Thats the end result.
And its not to be taken so every lightly.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Black_Fox because: errors.........errrrrrrrrrr

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Thanks for the link - all we can do now is hope all are very careful and nothing happens.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nothing will happen this time.

But SKorea will resume their drill in the NLL in mid-December... the NLL is considered by North Korea as disputed territory and that's why they bombed the SKorean island.

So when SKorea does it again in 3 weeks... will North Korea bomb again the island?

And if they do, what happens then?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I agree he was being a little harsh there without understanding your post. You probably should have worded it a bit better then putting the 'we hope' at the end though. I thought the same thing when I read it the first time heh

If it is true that NK pulled worked from Russia, I don't think this will turn out well for anyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Curious what the definition of "Major" military exercises is, between SK and US, would it be correct to assume we will be firing missiles in this drill or just moving our ships and subs around strategically IDK? I read that these were annual drills, not a first and will be defensive in nature( for whatever that's worth). Seeing that NK seems to change it's territorial boundaries according to which side of the bed they get up on that day, like everyone else, I wonder what they will consider as threatening and not? I guess we are going to find out.

Add: Must have missed it the first read....found answer, although it's a fairly broad interpretation of what they will be doing and understandably so.
"The intensity for the Yellow Sea drills will be higher than planned," said another official at the South's JCS. "Participating troops will conduct live-fire shooting and bombing drills."

r
edit on 27-11-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Nothing happen?

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border

"(The missiles) appear to be targeting our fighter jets that fly near the Northern Limit Line (NLL)," the source said on customary condition of anonymity, referring to the Yellow Sea border.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

I do not own an xbox and have never tried a pizza pocket. I also did not take Slayers comment to mean what you said, I think you owe him an apology.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just posturing. The North does this stuff because they fear an attack. SK is NOT going to attack so it just leads to more posturing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

There will be no live firing element in the drills; live firing exercises can only take place in a designated training range or in a closed-off area at sea, Cmdr. Jeff Davis, public affairs officer for the U.S. 7th Fleet, and such firing exercises are not possible given the amount of traffic in the area.

The drills will include anti-air attack and anti-surface-attack exercises, communications and data drills, expert exchanges, logistical support, and replenishment drills. For example, a Korean oil tanker will refuel a U.S. ship, Davis said.

Link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

He said we hope nothing will happen. Onviously no one in their right mind wants anything bad to happen. It's almost 11 am over there. Did the NK artilary happen during daytime or at night?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra

He said we hope nothing will happen. Onviously no one in their right mind wants anything bad to happen. It's almost 11 am over there. Did the NK artilary happen during daytime or at night?

It happened at somewhere at 1 pm in SK when NK artillery fired on Y-something Island. So, it was afternoon.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aslpride because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by Aslpride because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well there ya go. No live firing during these drills (which is a good thing) so this should lessen the chances of something going wrong greatly.

Originally posted by lernmore
reply to post by mtnshredder

There will be no live firing element in the drills; live firing exercises can only take place in a designated training range or in a closed-off area at sea, Cmdr. Jeff Davis, public affairs officer for the U.S. 7th Fleet, and such firing exercises are not possible given the amount of traffic in the area.

The drills will include anti-air attack and anti-surface-attack exercises, communications and data drills, expert exchanges, logistical support, and replenishment drills. For example, a Korean oil tanker will refuel a U.S. ship, Davis said.

Link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well there ya go. No live firing during these drills (which is a good thing) so this should lessen the chances of something going wrong greatly.

That IS good news. I'm worried about those SA-2's though.....presumably there'll be a lot SK/US aircraft involved in the exercise? That's a real cause for concern to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
AMERICA = SOUTH KOREA
CHINA = NORTH KOREA

CHINA > AMERICA:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
CNN is saying the US and SK are still maneuvering into position for the exercises and they're scheduled to start at 3 pm local time:

"Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korea and the United States began assembling ships for joint war exercises Sunday off the west coast of the Korean peninsula in the Yellow Sea, a source at the South Korean Joint Chiefs told CNN.

The exercises are set to begin as diplomats worked to ease tensions in the Koreas after North Korea warned of unpredictable "consequences" if the United States fulfills its vow of deploying an aircraft carrier to the Yellow Sea for joint military maneuvers with South Korea.

The exercises are scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. Sunday (1 a.m. ET)."

cnn.com

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
@Black_Fox & @Mods
A murderously vulgar avatar should be considered uncivilized along with current guidelines opposing carnal sexuality.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It's all very exciting until something does actually happen.

A good many of us live very insular lives where we have to seek out any excitement we can; find what gives us those 'butterflies in the stomach'. Many of us hope for a 'big show' in this North & South, U.S. and China, perhaps world, conflict. We want that nervous excitement before the event.

And if that trigger is pulled, and we all feel the 'rush'...what then?

In an attempt to not be too graphic and still make my point: a lot of little 'swimmers' will die, and we will roll over wondering what we may have just created, and who was it, really, that we seemed so excited to be having 'dealings' with in the first place?
edit on 27-11-2010 by kalunom because: just a letter in a word.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
@Black_Fox & @Mods
A murderously vulgar avatar should be considered uncivilized along with current guidelines opposing carnal sexuality.

And YOU need to loosen up...it's a freaking AVATAR

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Are you sure about that 'No live-fire' exercise? Because it seems that plans have changed at the last minute. Here' a quote from S.Korean news:

South Korea's military officials said this week's exercises would be more intensive than initially planned.

"The intensity for the Yellow Sea drills will be higher than planned," said another official at the South's JCS. "Participating troops will conduct live-fire shooting and bombing drills."
Yonhap News

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join