It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon FBI supply "Weapon of mass destruction" to 19 year old in botched flase flag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oregon FBI supply "Weapon of mass destruction" to 19 year old in botched flase flag

news.yahoo.com

The FBI affidavit that outlined the investigation alleges that Mohamud planned the attack for months, at one point mailing bomb components to FBI operatives, whom he believed were assembling the device.

Authorities allowed the plot to proceed in order to build up enough evidence to charge the suspect with attempt.

The two used coded language in which the FBI believes Mohamud discussed traveling to Pakistan to prepare for "violent jihad," the documents said.
In June an FBI agent contacted MohamFriday, an agent and Mohamud drove to downtown Portland in a white van that carried six 55-ga
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
projectmindwake.blogspot.com

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
An FBI propagated Terrorist arrest that has links to Pakistan. Of course. Thank you to Yahoo! for stepping away from its usual Headlines such as "Hip-Hop divas fued escalating" in order to serve this delightful warm plate of propaganda news. And it seems to taste very similar to the story of the Suited man helping out the underwear bomber.

You are being lied to.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not a false flag.
Just a murderous idiot being played by other idiots.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Fbi like our mi5 have to justify there existance.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by allourep

What are we being lied to about?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by allourep

nice find!!

I heard this on the radio earlier, and I thought I just mis heard what they were reporting??

but, does this really surprise anyone?? entrapment, but making sure it goes far enough to strike fear into the hearts of the followers.

I guess we will now need the TSA to protect us on the streets!!! LOL

S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So the FBI pretends to be the terrorists this guy is trying to reach and suddenly you are declaring this a false flag operation? It is common practice, amongst spies, to pretend to be someone else. It kind of ruins the game if you tell them you are the FBI right away.

In my opinion this is your average run-of-the-mill American citizen nutjob that wanted to kill people. Period.

Yes, he was foreign-born. Yes, he was from Somalia. Yes, he wanted to participate in jihad.

But no, they did not supply him with weapons of mass destruction.

...he attempted to detonate what he believed was an explosives-laden van...

But the bomb turned out to be fake, thanks to an undercover operation designed to undermine the plotter. Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd said "the materials were not explosive," and officials said the public was never in danger from the mock device.

Source: www.cnn.com...

No false flag.
Just another dumb would-be murderer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Authorities allowed the plot to proceed in order to build up enough evidence to charge the suspect with attempt.

You need evidence now?

News to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This was not a false flag and I believe that the FBI was on there toes setting up the sting.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Well, I guess many things but what I specifically meant is that we are being lied to about this idea of terrorism and that terrorist are solely trying to murder Americans because of their freedoms as their final sacrificial act to Allah. This charade conducted by the FBI was all done for the gain of but a few things. Like another ATS member stated, some organizations need to create reasons to justify their own existence. Just like how a TSA scanner might need an underwear bomber to justify its existence as well. Besides that, this charade, by being allowed to be drawn out for so long by the FBI, allows the article to inspire fear into its readers by creating the scene of a bomb that could have possibly ignited at a Christmas tree lighting. It is all psychologically mapped out. Done this way, we now have more citizens who will look to the Government for answers and safety. We now have more citizens supporting dehumanizing precautions such as TSA body scanners and numerous other rights being stomped out. Terrorism, the word, is the REAL weapon. It is more a dangerous enemy than its fictional paralleled Ego, of a middle eastern man with a bomb strapped to himself. The IDEA of terrorism is the Weapon of Mass destruction. It is the ball in the court. It is the playing piece of the chess game being controlled by people who understand how easy it is to sway public mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

Oh come on..With the new terrorist laws they could have arrested him much earlier and still got the same result..
Then all those FBI agents that were used in this sting could have been free to do some real work saving the US..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That is a very good point. This man was lead on for specific reasons. He could have been arrested much much earlier.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The seems but yet another situation where authorities, agencies, etc have supposedly 'ferreted out' a suspected individual and then went on to entice, incite or actually provide for and encourage said individual to 'carry out their plan'.

Whatever happened to 'catching them in the act' or 'in the planning, organizing stage'?

This 'approach' would seem more akin to aiding and abetting, in my opinion.

creating, even. (?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take some pissed off or disenchanted individual and provide them a loaded weapon ... only to later arrest the same right before they pull the trigger.

... more on this 'story' @ 11 :shk:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
And you'd want to lose the potential of finding out if this kid had other connections ? You might want to rethink that.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

The seems but yet another situation where authorities, agencies, etc have supposedly 'ferreted out' a suspected individual and then went on to entice, incite or actually provide for and encourage said individual to 'carry out their plan'.

And being so young, you have to wonder how much of the plan was his rather than talked into it by the agents..
Guess we'll never hear about that..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

They probably knew everything about this kid very early on. They knew the date of this kids planned explosion, they could have arrested him the night before if it was about finding connections, but it wasn't for that reason. They conveniently waited in order for it to unfold into the scenario of a possible bombing, for the specific reason that they could have an article with a headline screaming "Another terrorist tried to kill you!"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes! That is definitely something to be considered as well!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be crazy if another set of terrorists (whomever you believe them to be), was actually planning to bomb the same event and just as this African kid triggered his fake bomb, the real one exploded? The FBI would have been saying, "WTF??"

On another note, it is pretty crazy how the authorities seem to be the only ones egging these kids on. There have been a few cases that I read about where the child probably would have never got into extremism, had it not been for the FBI. They are kids and thus very impressionable.

With that being said, they did still apparently try to kill American civillians and should be fried, though I think the authorities are just as wrong for getting in these kids' head and most likely egging them on to do something that they might not ordinarily do.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

They caught him in the organizing stages. I think the FBI did a commendable job here. If he would have came to them and been like "oh i have the parts but no one to build it" and the FBI would have just let him go and not gotten involved he would have definitely got someone else to build it and they may have lost track of him. They may have let enticed him a little, but he had full intentions to go through, The proof is when he tried to explode the van. Had it not been FBI he would have still done it, but with a real bomb. The FBI isn't the CIA they do good work.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Nah.. you have to wonder how these kids get in touch with these FBI member, They are undoubtedly already pushing it and considering doing something like this a lot to even stumble on to the FBI. I doubt the FBI seeks them out, outside on the playground walks up "hey man, ever tried jihaad? Brah it's really cool, everybody is doing it" These kids are in forums or websites about it, searching it out , or just being idiotic and talking about it too much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join