It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rasmussen Report: Many Say Government Now Operating Outside the Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Heh-heh, my guess is, again, that these numbers (as are the case with most polls and selection of pollee's) are being VERY padded and gentle.

I personally do not know of a SINGLE individual in my circle of family or friends who does not think that the gov of the past few admins has almost entirely SHREDDED the constitution and our rights under it.

Nice to see Rasmussen at least having a tiny HINT of honesty though. lol.

Voters are clearly dubious about the size and scope of today’s federal government.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 39% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the federal government currently operates within the limits established by the Constitution of the United States.

Forty-four percent (44%) disagree and say it is not functioning within those limits, while another 17% aren’t sure.

Full Article:

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The only thing that matters is that 100% of over-paid black robed supreme court autocrats believe the US government can do anything it wants to anyone for any reason.

Of course the federal government is operating entirely outside the US Constitution.

The freaking thing says only gold or silver may be legal tender.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hehe, the only thing I could think of when I read was "Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

The only thing that matters is that 100% of over-paid black robed supreme court autocrats believe the US government can do anything it wants to anyone for any reason.

Of course the federal government is operating entirely outside the US Constitution.

The freaking thing says only gold or silver may be legal tender.

congress has the right to borrow money, which it does. it just isn't allowed to print money, which it doesn't. they borrow printed money. pretty clever no?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah I am supposed to be impressed by that?

Don't forget this comes from the very same country of people that:

53% of Americans think TSA is doing a good job

71% of Americans who have flown at least twice in the past year support giving up liberty for security

and

44% of Americans support Obama

These aren't exactly the most mentally stable people in the world.
edit on 11/27/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

lol!

True dat.

But I also question if folks really are that asleep (at least in THESE times), or whether the vast majorities of these polls (including the one in my OP) are heavily manipulated in order to skew public opinion...

Personally, no one I know is as asleep and clueless as many of these polls seem to indicate the masses are?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

In my opinion people have simply been introduced to new terms and ideas since the onset of this ‘Great Recession’. People are angry and they can give you a few reasons why but generally they cannot elaborate on why they are angry. Add to that the new words being used such as Constitutional government, libertarianism, and other words similar to that nature and when used in their context it appeals to most people but they do not understand its structure or its actual use like you and I do.

When explained to people who said they supported constitutionally limited government might say “well I don’t support that” while those who currently do not support constitutionally limited government might say “well I do support that”. Right now people are angry and confused add to that new words and ideas are thrown into the equation and it spells a population that is uncertain of their views. This is why so some polls people may be pro-liberty and other times people are pro-security.

Generally people are waking up but they have not been provided with enough knowledge to assist them in their awakening.
edit on 11/27/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Of course the United States government operates outside the Constitution.

Anyone who thinks differently must be living in fantasyland.

Too bad the American sheep will continue to let it happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Hehe, the only thing I could think of when I read was "Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be"

funny article You realize thats "the onion "CORRECT? satire/comedy
more ridiculous funny stuff from them:

more "Onion" :
CAUTION hilarious but full of expletives: audio not work safe! turn it down
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am just releived Americans have managed to keep a memory of what the constitution is.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

The elite have played a lot of games with redefining the constitution to mean what they want it to mean to the point now where it means nothing. The constitution has a meaning as it was originated and that has not changed even though the elite have gamed it through the courts, and Federal government.

new topics

top topics

join