It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA places ban on airmail weighing over 1 pound from Japan and other countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Apparently Japanese exports of Transformers and video games are a threat to national security. Packages weighing over 1 pound can not be airmailed to the US anymore.

Japan Post Services Co. said it will stop accepting airmail packages bound for the United States weighing 453 grams (1 pound) or more starting Wednesday because airlines will stop such delivery at the request of U.S. aviation authorities as part of antiterrorism measures.

Japan Times

This is insane, we're even scared of our allies now. What is really scary is that it's not being reported in the news here nor on the USPS website. It's being hidden from everyone as they take away more of our access to the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by righteyered

Here's another article that gives some more info:
Security Theater : The Ripples Spread to Japan

edit on 11/27/2010 by Toromos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am wondering if the TSA is some kind of globalist weapon to destroy the economic viability of the United States? Air travel to the US is way down. The industry claims to have lost 9 billion in the last year and that number might be doubled this year and now air cargo to the US is being disrupted by the same over reaching bureaucratic monster. We got to lose the TSA or our economy will tank even faster than it already is from the banskter dollar manipulations.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If this spreads to the UK I know at least one person who is going to have a very bad Christmas indeed.

The only things he ever buys are toys from Japan, robots etc. He's got at least 5000

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The article states that this is under Japan's orders due to what they perceive as overly restrictive security measures that are enforced by US law.

Good move on Japan I say...I hope more countries follow suit.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
But this is exactly the problem. We aren't as afraid of what's coming out of Japan, as much as what went in, and then out. This is why our current security at the airports is ridiculous, costly, and ineffective. Until we can manage to control all security at every airport that does business with the United States, and this would of course have to include multi-city trips such as Johannesburg - Amsterdam - London - United States for example, there is no point to any of this. If the security isn't as good in Johannesburg as London, or vice-versa, it's futile.

Bombs and suicide bombers aren't, at least for now, flying from Tennessee to NYC. Rather, they are shuffling their people and/or packages all over the world.

Further, what happens when a terrorist realizes he can blow-up a cruise ship and kill 4500 in one shot? How about a regular Greyhound bus going from NJ to NY that they blow-up over the GWB? How about a small, regular USPS pre-paid shipment box that blows up the post office whilst being sorted?

Until we can firmly control every aspect of travel and shipments -- buses, USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, cargo planes, private planes, Ebay shipments, cruises, public transportation routes, ports, etc. -- we are doing nothing more than placing tiny band-aides that cost us a whole bunch of money to stick! And for the record, I think even trying to control all of that would be pointless. The "terrorists" are trying not only to kill us, but disrupt us, kill the idea of freedom and democracy, and bankrupt us -- and frankly they are succeeding quite nicely in my opinion.

Lastly, within the article it even says that they will allow packages from Japan exceeding this limit if the sender utilizes the "pay upon delivery" option instead of pre-paying. Let me guess -- terrorists won't send bombs that haven't yet been paid for through the mail? Seriously? A tad sarcastic, but yet true enough.

Once again, we are inconvenienced by new rules and regulations that are completely ineffective.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Lastly, within the article it even says that they will allow packages from Japan exceeding this limit if the sender utilizes the "pay upon delivery" option instead of pre-paying. Let me guess -- terrorists won't send bombs that haven't yet been paid for through the mail? Seriously? A tad sarcastic, but yet true enough.

To use the pay upon delivery you have to have an account with the post office which basically means you have to be an established company in Japan. So don't worry, as always big business will survive and it's the small business and individual who will suffer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Or you would just have to have the means to be able to utilize an existing account by obtaining fraudulent documentation. Hardly an impossible task.

But I agree that's it's the small business owner and individuals that lose out the most.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
as far as I can see the terrorists have won.
they are disrupting every thing and every one.
so why is TSA helping them do that?
TSA are terrorists.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This reminds me of the phil schnieder thing where he said usa let of a nuke in a japanese fault line to set off an earthquake.

Plus the fact that japan wants usa out of there country for like forever.

Interesting news, if true.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Homeland Security is going to have us all living in cells, to be safe, soon. What a mistake to give the government the task of doing whatever unconstitutional, oppressive nonsense they decide to "keep us safe."

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All good points on the security issues. While of course there are crazy factions out there that want death to America, it is my opinion that the terrorist threat is greatly overrated, as I believe I have stated before. As mentioned by another post, the cruise ships, the busses, etc are all so vunerable that is there were an imminent threat these types of small attacks would be happening regularly. TSA screening at airports have stopped zero attacks that I know of, but it does provide some scanner company a lucrative contract. These reports of mail bombs being found etc are likely nothing but false flag reports by the US and other major governments to keep the fear level up and the money flowing. As usual just my two cents of tin foil.

top topics

join