It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI thwarts terrorist bombing attempt at Portland holiday tree lighting, authorities say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
it EVER occur to someone that even if he was made to go to counseling, he would have still did it, then you all would have complained he wasnt stopped. The reason the FBI allowed the inert attack to carry out was to have evidence to put him away for a VERY LONG TIME
Youre all here complaining because of what the FBI did to prevent a catastrophe from occurring, then you'll would have complained the FBI didnt do ENOUGH to prevent this from happening, grow up, WE ARE AT WAR!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 27-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Interesting piece that has not been added to the thread yet:

Five years ago, Portland became the first city in the nation to withdraw from the FBI-led task force.

The Mayor and the Police Chief are now discussing the possibility of rejoining the joint terrorism task force...

Link
edit on 27-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: fix broken link

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The reason the FBI allowed the inert attack to carry out was to have evidence to put him away for a VERY LONG TIME

Do even you have a clue what you're saying here?

You think it's okay to push a young man into a police controlled "Terrorist Theater" in order to put him in prison for a longer period of time by subverting our court system because he hasn't committed a bad enough crime in the eyes of justice to receive enough time that the policeman would like him to?

Our laws are written by legislators who decide how long convicted persons should go to prison for their acts. Creating false acts in order to boost the intent of the written laws is nothing more than the subversion of our justice system.

Since, when did the FBI become the legislators & the judges that decide how much time criminals should go to prison for?. So, it's okay for the police to subvert our justice system and perhaps endanger the public further in order to put somebody away longer?

I'd like to say well great they stopped a bad guy, but I have a hard time believing just how bad of a guy he is and whether or not this is just a staged event to take some heat of the TSA for their latest measures.

We have a justice system that is supposed to be fair and not pre-judge persons before they have been tried no matter how bad of crimes those persons may have done, yet here we have agents going beyond the scope of their duty by staging an event that could have never occurred without their support for a multitude of reasons that go beyond putting a teenage "terrorist wannabe" in prison forever.

Here we have police agents who became his support network & then provided real looking bombs along with a plot that was created just for a media event on Thanksgiving weekend.

On my local station after reporting on this thought crime or fake bombing event they interviewed a soldier who has recently recovered from a real bombing in the War as if the fake bombing story had something to do with a real IED attack in a WAR zone. Just absolutely disgusting.

edit on 28-11-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That is an interesting piece, never heard of that before.

Curious, timing is everything I guess.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I agree with you on them given points. It is not right to see how far someone will go if you are the one creating or dictating the plot. You are crafting a fantasy to essentially play a game with a person, I wonder how much 'edging' on or convincing was needed. If at all any.
I do not know the full facts so can’t commit either way.

I take it the details and any conversations and evidence will not be made available for review. Or does that happen in the States?

Thanks

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

it EVER occur to someone that even if he was made to go to counseling, he would have still did it, then you all would have complained he wasnt stopped. The reason the FBI allowed the inert attack to carry out was to have evidence to put him away for a VERY LONG TIME
Youre all here complaining because of what the FBI did to prevent a catastrophe from occurring, then you'll would have complained the FBI didnt do ENOUGH to prevent this from happening, grow up, WE ARE AT WAR!!!

I agree with you. This teenage IDIOT was trying to get to Somalia for Jihad training to kill Americans when the FBI found out about it and started their Sting. He was going to blow up and kill Innocent men women and CHILDREN! The undercover agent commented to him that there would be a lot of children at the Tree lighting event and he said "That's what I want"

I for one am glad they stopped this sick SOB and that the FBI furnished him the "bomb" instead of someone else giving him a real one.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think the FBI is lower level, they do these thing to be taught the "end justifies the mean" and they are told they are preventing terrorist attacks by leading the charge on this one and giving the impression that the FBI is everywhere (which they aren't which is why they must lead the charge). This then preps them for CIA, "higher level" operations where they once again do something where the end justifies the means, but unfortunately, the end is just to kill people for the greater good, sort of tangled up in that whole mess.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

if you're glad they stopped him wouldn't you be even more glad if they would have stopped him weeks or months ago and not the day of? You are just trying to apologize for the fact that this was an unethical undercover operation in order to stage some type of hype to keep the war on terrorism going. There's no reason they had to wait until the last minute to do this, these "agents" were obviously hungering for some type of real event. But it's not real since the FBI set it up!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the real question is, why did they admit to the FBI working undercover? Now the "terrorists" are going to be smart enough to not trust the American operative with a mustache and an army flag tattoo smoking a pack of camels while eating at McDonald's.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well then shoudn't the FBI be also charged as an accomplice? Oh wait, they're above the law. So if I were to follow someone for years while wiretapping them (illegal) and then coerce them into carrying out a terrorist attack (illegal) and giving them a bomb (illegal) and then stopping them I'll be made a hero? Cool.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oooh...I'm so scared, I hope our government will come save us from these evil Somali terrorists. You know they've been sneaking up here, preparing to attack America where we least expect it.

Sorry, but if this is genuine and not some little stunt, then my thanks to the FBI for doing their job......But I'm not going to respond to this the way I imagine they want us to. I'm not buying the irrational fears that the media sells us.

Terrorism isn't going to be my biggest fear when I go out and drive my car on the roads, it's probably one of the last things on my mind when I fly in December. In fact, the possibility of terrorism really isn't going to be a factoring into much of what I do throughout any typical day.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Such a hype-filled ruse isn't it?

A nearly 2-year long "sting" operation brought to a halt, and at a convenient time might I add, in the midst of the holidays to be heralded as an "attempted terrorist attack at Christmas tree". So convenient and suspicious, should one be so inclined to believe all the world's a stage, and the govt. embedded media is propaganda.

Also, nice job to the Federal Bureau of Instigators for completely revealing their methods of undercover and "sting". If their real motive was for stopping terrorists and not instigating multi-year long patsy setups for propaganda, then I'm sure there would be a serious breach of security here. As it stands, it's more about the fear hype, isn't it? Assault on a Christmas tree crowd, just in time for Christmas.

I'm now half-expecting Bush or some other Bush-era hack to get on CNN to encourage Americans to buy buy buy, because the terrorists will win otherwise.

The underwear bomber ruse was about instituting Chertoff's massive body-scanner investments, so I wonder if there are any stakes in this, other than run-of-the-mill "Big Brother is Always Watching You" BS.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I'm not in any way apologizing for anything. Whether this was fake or not I don't really know and neither do you. If it was real, then I am glad it was stopped. Why did it take them so long to stop it? Why did they let him go all the way up until the point of setting the bomb off? Those are questions that do make one wonder about the motives behind this, although it is like most things, we will never know the whole truth.

What makes me also think is the fact that this guy was really willing to do this and he would have if the bomb wasn't fake. It's like another poster said. If he had been successful, then people would have been screaming about how the fbi wasn't doing their job. Some people are never happy.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Jeebus.

For all that are whining that the FBI "pushed" him into this, try this on for size.

He has been e mailing Pakistan regularly since he was 15 in order to get explosives and teach them (us) a lesson.

Unfortunately for him, his e mails went to the FBI.

Tough #ski. Looks like he went full retard and it bit him in the butt. Let's nail him to the "Tree of Woe" so he can think about the errors of his ways.

Naturalized citizen?

Screw it, you have a very good reason to un-naturalize his ass back to Somalia.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I'd have to agree with ya... The FBI contacted him back in June but let's not forget that it was someone he knew who turned them onto him in the first place for the fear that he was becoming "increasingly radicalized"... The FBI waited until the last minute to arrest him, true - but let's all not forget that he PUSHED THE BUTTON! Were there a real bomb, hundreds could have died.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I'd have to agree with ya... The FBI contacted him back in June but let's not forget that it was someone he knew who turned them onto him in the first place for the fear that he was becoming "increasingly radicalized"... The FBI waited until the last minute to arrest him, true - but let's all not forget that he PUSHED THE BUTTON! Were there a real bomb, hundreds could have died.

And he was getting a laugh out of the fact there would be women and children killed. Nice guy. Hope the FBI has a field day questioning him.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Chalk one up for warrantless wiretaps!

Warrantless wiretaps 1
TSA sexual assaults 0

Glad this Muslim was stopped....good job FBI!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Exactly what I came to understand this instance to be.. an orchestration on both ends. The FBI is just as guilty, (or whoever were really directing the so-called investigations) the 'protection' big brother offers us is just a scheme, part of the bigger picture of global control agendas. The whole terrorism thing was fabricated in the beginning, yes it is real murder and real violence so that doesnt make it unimportant, but the blame and the attention is being redirected by the puppeteers to maintain a fearful space. So let's not empower them by feeding their stories our manifestations.
edit on 29-11-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

My bad! I'm not focused entirely on ATS when I'm here. All I saw was the criticism of the FBI and the Twin Towers and for that I apologize.

I will not apologize for supporting what the FBI did to get this dirtbag off the streets though.

I'm back off to Facebook. Lot of good links there also. Heck, I might be making an a$$ of myself there, but why should you care.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join