It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA TELLS AMERICA: Turn Around The USS George Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
China has warned against military activity near its coastline ahead of U.S.-Korea naval exercises, according to Reuters.China’s Foreign Ministry said in an online posting that naval exercises risks starting a war: “We oppose any military act by any party conducted in China’s exclusive economic zone without approval.”

blacklistednews.com...

Seems like the US has a decision to make. Use the carrier group in it's war games with S. Korea and provoke both N. Korea and China or cancel the war games whick are definitely a provocation.

I wonder how the US might respond if Cuba and Russia were conducting a mock invasion of Florida in International waters off the Florida coast. Would the US not view those war games as a provocation?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Very misleading title.

Bah! Same old news.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

It is neither misleading or "old" as it was reported on Nov 26.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Good point but remember we were invited to the region long ago and our Military presence has been helpful in establishing free trade zones which China now boasts as exclusively their own.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Endure

What a biased response..
Maybe China and NK should hold war games off the Florida coast and see what response they get from the US..

Edit..BTW, these war games were arranged BEFORE the last incedent so that is moot..

edit on 27-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Endure

What a biased response..
Maybe China and NK should hold war games off the Florida coast and see what response they get from the US..

Edit..BTW, these war games were arranged BEFORE the last incedent so that is moot..

Yes, very biased. Biased against those who defend murderous dictatorships like they are the best thing since Pringles. Why aren't you all flocking to these places like NK to live again?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endure

reply to post by Endure

What a biased response..

Yes, very biased. Biased against those who defend murderous dictatorships like they are the best thing since Pringles. Why aren't you all flocking to these places like NK to live again?

What do you call a government who has killed over 1,000,000 foreign citizens in the last ten years? America. The major problem with American foreign policy is that they don't think how it will affect those it's implemented on. They have no consideration for anything other than the agenda. While I don't think we should cut off the war games, we do them every year, your idea that disagreeing with American is somehow unpatriotic. "Dissent is the purest form of patriotism."
edit on 27-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
reply to post by nonnez

It is neither misleading or "old" as it was reported on Nov 26.

I meant "old" as in we have seen this posted all over the site and "misleading" because they did not say "Turn Around The USS George Washington". They simply said to not perform military actions in their "Economic Zone".

But what the hell....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Endure

What a biased response..

I thought China did recently conduct a missile launch test off of California???

Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff

reply to post by Endure

What a biased response..

What do you call a government who has killed over 1,000,000 foreign citizens in the last ten years? America. The major problem with American foreign policy is that they don't think how it will affect those it's implemented on. They have no consideration for anything other than the agenda. While I don't think we should cut off the war games, we do them every year, your idea that disagreeing with American is somehow unpatriotic. "Dissent is the purest form of patriotism."
edit on 27-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

Yeah, but the thing is in this country we can change the way things are run. Not so much in North Korea man.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Endure

When and how can we change this country?
Second.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

They can change things too. They only have to revolt. They have more people than the government. America can't change anything either, because money buys elections in this country. Obama shows us that. Change Change Change, my dick was rock solid. We get more of the same on the path to destruction. American is just as corrupt, if not more so, because they give the appearance of freedom, than North Korea.

I think it's absolutely insane that people, not you necessarily, are only critical of other countries, and buy into the idea that America, (condescending voice) since it's our country and was founded on democracy (end condescending voice), is benevolent. That is certainly not the case, as the last fifty years have shown us. America has killed far more people in the last fifty years than North Korea. Certainly North Korea is a terrible place to live, and it needs to change, but if we are talking about a major threat to the globe and its people right now, America blows North Korea out of the water.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Endure

When and how can we change this country?
Second.

By elections. And if that fails, and the government does not abide by the constitution, we have the right to remove them by force. If we fail to use these solutions to remedy the problem, we are every bit as much to blame as them, period.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

Yes North Koreans can revolt, with sticks and stuff. In this country, our constitution gives us the right to bear arms, exactly for the purpose of overthrowing a tyranical government should we find ourselves under one. This is what makes us different, our founding father's made sure we would have the ability to do it if it came to that. North Korea, China etc makes sure that their people couldn't even if they want to. That is why there is always such an intense reaction over gun rights in this country, because we know that is the move that takes any ability to rectify the situation away from us. Now, the one thing the founding fathers couldn't give us is the spine.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by MGriff

Yes North Koreans can revolt, with sticks and stuff. In this country, our constitution gives us the right to bear arms, exactly for the purpose of overthrowing a tyranical government should we find ourselves under one. This is what makes us different, our founding father's made sure we would have the ability to do it if it came to that. North Korea, China etc makes sure that their people couldn't even if they want to. That is why there is always such an intense reaction over gun rights in this country, because we know that is the move that takes any ability to rectify the situation away from us. Now, the one thing the founding fathers couldn't give us is the spine.

True, but what about us poor suckers in Australia or the UK for that matter..
Our so called protectors took our guns..
We now must rely on them and would find a revolt difficult, even if the Government were corrupt..
And BTW, there are wide calls to take the guns away from US citizens also..
Believe me, if they could, they would..Just a matter of time..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by MGriff

True, but what about us poor suckers in Australia or the UK for that matter..
Our so called protectors took our guns..
We now must rely on them and would find a revolt difficult, even if the Government were corrupt..
And BTW, there are wide calls to take the guns away from US citizens also..
Believe me, if they could, they would..Just a matter of time..

And if we let them take them, we deserve the same as you have. I promise you that this country will go down in flames before that happens. the whole world may have to nuke us because we will be the only peoples that just will not fall into line.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Endure

And if we let them take them, we deserve the same as you have. I promise you that this country will go down in flames before that happens. the whole world may have to nuke us because we will be the only peoples that just will not fall into line

Hmmm, they gave them up during Katrina without much protest..
A test ??

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Possibly, but that was a region under water. Maybe I have more faith in my brothers and sisters in this country than is warranted, but time will tell, and probably sooner than later.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
China always goes down this road, as they interpret the UN Exclusive Economic Zone as sovereign territory instead of open seas with claims to the resources contained in it. China is claiming pretty much the entire South China Sea, in addition to the Yellow Sea, as theirs and no one elses.

Territorial waters about between 10-12 nm out, and the EEC extends approiximately 200 NM out.

A US Navy vessel last year was harrased by Chinese boats who claimed it violated territorial waters (it was a surveillance ship in the area of a new Chinese Sub base).

I would have to agree with some of the analysts who stated that if China would do more to keep N. Korea in check, they would not see US Navy Vessels near the West Coast of S. Korea. Up to this point I think S. Korea has shown remarkable restraint in their response thus far.

I did not see anything talking about the S. Korean artillery violating North Korean territory. I do know the area in question is not recognized by N. Korea as belonging to the South, so its possible this is where N. Korea is trying to get justification. Although they also stated S. Korean is using civlians as human shields....

Personally I think Obama is going to call North Koreas bluff. The North does this when they fell they are being ignored by the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join