It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings! From a Young Idealist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I have read lots of forums and topics on this website from my brother Dalan. ( his ATS is dalan. ) But i decided to join in a further my knowledge on everything and hopefully contribute something constructive to this site.
Forgive me if i do something wrong for i am new to this site and a little rough around the edges when it comes to talking about my own ideas, Probably because im 18. But never the less Hello to all ATS

Donald Newcomb

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DonaldNewcomb

From a Young Idealist

Don't worry, we'll soon change that..

Welcome to the mad house...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Age isn't much of a worry here, there are plenty of younger members that I would mistake for people in their 60's with the kind of insight they show. As long as you remain civil and respectufll, arguing is what ATS is all about.

I look forward to your contributions on the boards

~Keeper
edit on 11/26/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

From a Young Idealist

Don't worry, we'll soon change that..

Welcome to the mad house...
\
Ha thank you, But i love being an idealist the world is full of possibilities and hope for the future to me, And i will be respectful, I am not going to try and make anyone mad or dis respect, But
I will argue and debate things in a respectable fashion. If i did not then i would never learn anything new or if I am right or wrong about something. Hopefully i can post something significant.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If i did not then i would never learn anything new or if I am right or wrong about something. Hopefully i can post something significant.

Just remember, whether young or old, your opinion carries equal weight in a debate..
Don't let some members tell you different..
It's truth that matters, not age or credentials..

Have fun...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Oh i wont, And thank you very much i am already having fun
. I do value others opinion's

So having said that Might i inquire you to a question?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So having said that Might i inquire you to a question?

Fire away..That's what ATS is for..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hey Donald, welcome to the asylum! We're mostly mad here (except me, I'm completely sane).... but... we have the keys & we're in control (sometimes)

"i am new to this site and a little rough around the edges"

That's ok, we have files & sandpaper.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ha apologies, Anyways what i want to know is how you would react to one of my ideas. To me our society seems to need some re design, Now one of the problems i see to have the biggest effect on people is fear and their willingness to sit back and be apathetic, Now having said that what if there was a way to unite people and and help them decide to wanna make differences in the world. Well my idea is a program, You get a gathering of like minded people and have them call a stranger for an hour and try to get to know them. The reason for this is because of people in ability to understand someone else bu if you call a stranger and get involved with them for an hour, You understand them better and come to understand other people more. But have them pay it forward and call others, Now if you have people understanding others and knowing how they feel they would be more inclined to talk about things to be and discuss things hence being a little bit less apathetic and scared of leaving their living rooms, Now what would you say to an idea like this if it was brought up to you in a sort of Meeting between people?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldNewcomb

Ha apologies, Anyways what i want to know is how you would react to one of my ideas. To me our society seems to need some re design, Now one of the problems i see to have the biggest effect on people is fear and their willingness to sit back and be apathetic, Now having said that what if there was a way to unite people and and help them decide to wanna make differences in the world. Well my idea is a program, You get a gathering of like minded people and have them call a stranger for an hour and try to get to know them. The reason for this is because of people in ability to understand someone else bu if you call a stranger and get involved with them for an hour, You understand them better and come to understand other people more. But have them pay it forward and call others, Now if you have people understanding others and knowing how they feel they would be more inclined to talk about things to be and discuss things hence being a little bit less apathetic and scared of leaving their living rooms, Now what would you say to an idea like this if it was brought up to you in a sort of Meeting between people?

I think in many ways it's already being done..
Many are waking up to the illusions created by the few..
The internet has sped up the process by giving more people rapid access to sources outside the control of those in power..

You only have a few posts to go before you may start a thread..
Until then this is just an intro thread..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I know i tried to make a thread earlier but i have to have more post's. I believe your right, But anything to speed up the process of people uniting and understanding one another is a dream and goal worth fighting for to me at least. I would love to see the world as a more beautiful place to live in and less hostile for people. Yes an introduction to my ideas i guess until i can post elsewhere. Thank you for your insight

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
Hey Donald, welcome to the asylum! We're mostly
mad here (except me, I'm completely sane)

Thats ok there was never a genius without a bit of insanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well done! You have stumbled upon a most ancient secret known only to those in the higher echelons of society, specifically those in government! We at ATS like to refer to this concept as 'Utopia' Some say it does not exist, but our leaders are well informed & assure us that it does. We here at ATS frequently debate this issue.

Welcome.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
Well done! You have stumbled upon a most ancient secret known only to those in the higher echelons of society, specifically those in government! We at ATS like to refer to this concept as 'Utopia' Some say it does not exist, but our leaders are well informed & assure us that it does. We here at ATS frequently debate this issue.

Welcome.

Thank you, And i like to believe that i have only scratched the surface to the vast amount of knowledge that i can obtain from those around me and the things i can see. I would love to see a "Utopia" and would most definitely fight for one. No in my opinion it dose not exist, Not yet at least.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldNewcomb

I know i tried to make a thread earlier but i have to have more post's. I believe your right, But anything to speed up the process of people uniting and understanding one another is a dream and goal worth fighting for to me at least. I would love to see the world as a more beautiful place to live in and less hostile for people. Yes an introduction to my ideas i guess until i can post elsewhere. Thank you for your insight

Welcome to DonaldNewcomb! I'll second what backinblack says. And I wouldn't worry too much about speeding up the process of what is taking place. You must stay on target, do what YOU have to do. The process will take care of itself. Best of luck to you.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hi Donald, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Im glad to see these forums are full of such kind lively people
, And i will not rush it its fun just letting it happen

top topics

join