It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Brilliant comparative illustration! Kudos!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by NOTurTypical

While I'm for honesty, I'm certainly not for theft or the releasing of "Classified" materials. As a former military person with security clearance I take secret and classified materials importantly.

If this could in any way hurt people I'm 100% against it.

What if you had found news of a plot within the government?
As a soldier you swore an oath to protect the country, not the government.
Your loyalty should be to the people..

I'm not going to apologize for morality. Theft is theft, whether it be a Mercedes Benz or classified documents. Now, in your hypothetical I would not steal the State's information to begin with. If I happened to find it in the trash in an alley behind my house that would be a different story. Lastly, my oath was to protect the "Constitution" form all enemies "foreign AND DOMESTIC". Meaning, if there were an enemy of the State my oath would be to enforce the laws etc.

Let me ask you a hypothetical...

How would you feel if someone stole your personal bank account info, your confidential emails, and any other information you worked had to keep secret and planned to give it to anyone who wanted it coupled with great fanfare? How would you react?

Secondly, the release of military secrets I'm 100% against, that could potentially risk the lives of fellow servicemen, if anyone would be at risk or danger I'm not going to support it. That would be irresponsible.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

seriously clinton needs to go play in traffic

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Ok as per my other thread I asked these basic questions regarding the wikileaks. Seems something major is about to break stay tuned.

I have to ask myself this....

Who would have the most to gain by releasing the info?

1. Some geeky internet do gooders?

2. The Republicans trying to drag the present administration across the coals even though it has exposed other actions by the previous administration?

3. China or Russia or both in an attempt to expose what goes on in back room maneuvers in order to put the US in a bad light?

Also I haven't read anybody thus far bring up the very real possibility that by Wiki releasing this information that it could possibly not only expose US wrong doing but also expose some rather embarrassing information about...

US/Chinese/Russian/_____

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

While I'm for honesty, I'm certainly not for theft or the releasing of "Classified" materials. As a former military person with security clearance I take secret and classified materials importantly.

You are exactly RIGHT ON!

Our loyalty IS NOT to some military industrial complex...True patriots will out the criminal BigGov tyrants.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your oath to the constotution also makes you protect everyones right of Freedom of Speech!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

You are exactly RIGHT ON!

Our loyalty IS NOT to some military industrial complex...True patriots will out the criminal BigGov tyrants.

Wrong, as someone with clearance your duty is to not reveal information to sources without the proper clearance.

Either you're a person of integrity or you're not. Secondly, I was speaking mostly about the Iraq War release of information, that had the potential to put soldier's lives at risk. I'll never support that as a former military person. And lastly, like I said, theft is theft, I'll never support it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
UPDATE: Cryptome.org releases:
Wikileaks Molestation - November 27, 2010

All I can say is WTF!?

Read those letters and you will laugh your head off, the amount of things that Johnathon Lee Richards has said.

Dr.Hughe's vagina received a congressional medal of honor for clogging the oil spill hahahh

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Your oath to the constotution also makes you protect everyones right of Freedom of Speech!

Straw man. I've never heard that releasing classified information is "Freedom of Speech", last time I checked it was called "Treason".

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Everyone in this world has an ulterior motive, even an unassuming computer geek. I mean lets be honest, could you have a better pawn then this guy? He's so unassuming and dorky looking you couldn't even begin to think HE could be involved in something more circumstantial. I mean we are on a conspiracy website and no offense but if the USA wanted Mr. Julian dead it would've been done already, no matter what borders were crossed, no matter what laws were broken. It's just extremely fishy to me that he has been allowed to run around this long with nothing coming back to bite him in ass. I'm not saying this guy can't be as "good" as everyone seems to think he is but as usual we should all be suspicious of motives.

edit on 27-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes you are correct my friend, in this day an age release of classified material is a crime. Another reason to wonder why this man hasn't been buried yet, again I believe there's much more to this then meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What part of what he is doing is betraying the U.S.? Bringing information to light that the U.S.A is trying to hide? So keeping citzens in the dark is patriotic, and having a more transparent government is treason?

I'm not putting words in your mouth, it's just to me thats what it sounds like your saying!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
Your "progressive" liberal slip is showing, son.

Not one of your possible scenarios include anything nefarious by the Obama Administration.

Me a "liberal"

Man that's rich...

Ok thanks for the laugh. Simply asking people questions doesn't equate to taking a stance.

It's asking questions. Oh by the way I think the Obama administration does a good enough job walking around with very publicly seen self inflected egg on it's face just fine.

edit on 27-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

What part of what he is doing is betraying the U.S.? Bringing information to light that the U.S.A is trying to hide? So keeping citzens in the dark is patriotic, and having a more transparent government is treason?

I'm not putting words in your mouth, it's just to me thats what it sounds like your saying!

Stop with the straw men arguments. This is Treason:

Releasing classified information to unvetted sources without the proper clearance.

It's punishable by death penalty.

There are procedures and proper channels for the release of sensitive information and they should be followed. I'm especially perturbed about the release of military secrets, that has the potential to put real soldier's lives at risk. I'll never support that.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Again noturtypical already said that these items were "classified", which they are. You can read about how are government find it illegal here: www.foxnews.com...

You can also read how this could cause major DEATHS for the US and it allies by causing relations to go sour here: articles.cnn.com...:US

Also another source stating why this is an illegal practice: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Maybe these articles will help you to better understand the situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm not going to apologize for morality. Theft is theft, whether it be a Mercedes Benz or classified documents. Now, in your hypothetical I would not steal the State's information to begin with. If I happened to find it in the trash in an alley behind my house that would be a different story. Lastly, my oath was to protect the "Constitution" form all enemies "foreign AND DOMESTIC". Meaning, if there were an enemy of the State my oath would be to enforce the laws etc.

Hmmm, "enforce the law".."foreign and domestic"...

So in your position with security clearance, if you found anything that suggested someone (military or government) had broken the law, your obligation would be to get that information out..
That is your oath....
BTW, if the government and all agencies were as transparent as they were maent to be, we wouldn't need leaks to find the truth...

Ohh, and I know for a fact the government has checked out my bank details..Nothing we do is secret, only them..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes leaking classified files is treason but so is serving the new world order which most in our government are doing. But nothing is ever done about their treason. Hopefully that changes someday and Obama, Bush, Clinton and the rest of the NWO trash get prosecuted for being a "domestic" enemy of the Constitution and plotting the deaths of billions of the world's population.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApachekid
reply to post by SLAYER69

Maybe this goes back to the Clinton years when they were selling nuclear secrets to the chins. Maybe the N. Korea and S. Korea thing could be a diversion, just in case the wiki documents are really damaging, who would care if a war was going on, I'm mean know one would even notice if the bullets started flying.

keep watching my left hand and you'll never see my right, that's their game and they are good at it.

You know that's a very interesting thought.
Speculation abounds until the documents are released and digested.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

For one I can't really get offended by the straw man comment because I don't really know what it means

. Also, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, your not gonna change my mind and i'm not gonna change yours. Your obviously partial since apparently you served in the armed forces, i'm 16... and havent. Besides that, I do think our government should be more transparent, and for what ever motive he's doing it for, he is making it a little more transparent.
edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Which is why you should think this Julian guy is even more fishy. Like you just said if the government wants to do something they will, so why isn't he dead yet? If this "release" of information is indeed damaging to our government doesn't it make you think that this guys motives should be questioned even further. I mean in the first place how can we even tell that this is the "actual" information that it's being advertised to be. Also if our elected officials are going public about needing to talk to other countries about this release doesn't that raise a red flag too? I mean why would the government let the MSM know that they are "worried" about wikileaks.... it sounds extremely fishy to me either way, everyone has motives, everyone is trying to make money. Julian could be different but the law of averages would tell me he isn't. Common sense guys, if this person is being allowed to do this then there must be a reason for it and a reason that not only benefits our governments plans but gives them justification.

edit on 27-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join