It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
this wikileaks release is controlled/allowed leaks in my opinion. i see too may stories of people dieing mysteriously when sensitive info is about to be disclosed. if it is really important/sensitive info there always seems to be a mysterious accident/small plane crash/burglary preventing someone disclosing the sensitive info, or they would just shut Wikileaks down.

now maybe this is an unfortunate but nothing too serious info leak, which they allowed through various means, and the excuse that they needed/wanted to force censorship of the internet. saying how bad the internet is because of this release, even though this was controlled leaks, and nothing too major was disclosed.

the really good info would never be allowed to be released of course.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Black_Fox

well said, I know it's not a checks and balance system, that was a bad way to put it! Yea, were in complete agreement, this will be nothing good, but either way i'm still anxious, excited, jittery, however you want to put it about the leaks. Things are getting interesting.

I'm 16, what do you think the world will be like when i'm 30? Do you see it being COMPLETELY different or? I don't know I just feel tensions are boiling over in the world!

16?
Wow,im Jealous,lol
Id love to be back at that age,things seemed,well easier.

Just my opinion,but when your 30,I see the world,or whats left of it,totally different.
As its always changing.Whether the change is good or bad is lef tto those who are around during it,i suppose.

But the roman empire,the ming dynasty,etc,were all great empires,and now they are gone.
Nowdays we live in a world where everything seems to move 100x faster,which would probaly put the U.S on the road to some form of collapse.

Im hoping to still be a part of that world,I just cant shake the nagging feeling that we are all living in the last of the current worlds "better days".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think you are worrying a little too much. No war for us, I doubt anyone is going to be willing to fight for these docs. I will accept the truth in whatever form. If it has an agenda or spin I will watch for it and gleam what good info I can from it. So far everything I have read is basically the equivalent of the U.S. talking behind other nations backs, trash talk. I know there is much more serious stuff in there, but I honestly think our government is more concerned with this which is unbelievable, but they know this is what people here would relate and pay attention to more than the true scandals. Sad. But I'm all for the naming and shaming the corrupt. I want to see it.

I WANT TO SEE THE TRUE PERSONALITY OF MY COUNTRY.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

The world will be very much different by the time you are 30. The question is how will it be different?

The answer is not truly knowable, but we can all take some measure of control over the destination by insisting that we as a group (the people) are represented properly. Otherwise, we can just sit back and continue to watch the bought and paid for politik steer us to a destination that they feel is best..for THEM.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Nah,its not worry,worrying is pointless.
Whatever is going to happen will,its not as if we are going to stop it.

And war CAN happen hear,theres no reason it couldnt.
America isnt any different than any other country.

And as far as seeing our countries true personality,you dont need wiki for that.
Theres enough history that you can look back to,both good and bad.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

well first off easier?
School sucks

moving on, I certanly hope your wrong, but I can't help but agree with you, tensions like this have been up before but once was in World War 2 and we didn't have nukes till the end and no one else had any. Also the cold war, But the cold war was isolated, us and Russia, seems like everyones pissed now days
and everyone has nukes. Things are more dangerous than ever!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is very interesting indeed.

I wonder if there is any information in the leaks that will verify some of the ATS conspiricies that have been on this site. I hope the Members who raised those issues get credited somehow.

Maybe there will be some info. on 9/11. Can you imagine?

Whilst I'm all for truth an honesty, I can't see this being a good step in any way shape or form for the reputation of the US globally. Could this info. be the final nail in the coffin for the US dollar?

If this information really does screw US's allies, could we see further "leaks", documents left on a train, concerning known secrets about the USA in retaliation?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
Redefine world history???

That is one big statement.

My mind runs wild with admittedly random speculation about what secret government information (most likely related to the U.S.) could redefine world history. I mean, these aren't scientific results getting leaked a few weeks before they are openly printed in a scientific journal.. This is government secrets. World History, is one hell of a thing to redefine, eh?

Well unless we are headed for a major disclosure.
and not the ET type either...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well I think America is very different than every other country. I was only meaning that there would be no support for it, but if you meant war happening here as in, in this land, we are very different. We are the most advanced, with tens of millions of armed civilians.

You know what I meant about our countries true personality, I mean the secret thoughts of the people that run it. We get a chance to see what the collective mind of our elected officials is like. If anything could turn the tide and change peoples minds about who we are letting run this ship this is it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Lol.ill take school days,partys on the weekend,and Xbox.
Oh ya,and the dating,ahhhh the dating,lol.

You can take the tension of mortgages,job security and bills and kids and wives etc....
Enjoy 16,its alot more fun than you know.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Does anyone here think that the major political names really know what the intelligence communities do?

If so...interesting...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Okay i'll take your advice

School still sucks

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Hell no! To be honest I think the CIA is what runs the show, I think there more powerful than the president, The CIA and the millitary industrial complex are ONE imo and thats a very dangerous combination!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

A war with america wouldnt be fought as a land war.
Thats what idiots created nukes for

And I think you might be surprised how many people would "support" a war against us.
And if not support it,definatly not get envolved.

And "knowing" what those minds are thinking and bringing it to light is more liking going to force them to clamp down harder.
Martial law maybe.
Net censorship.
Who knows,but nothing good.

And dont believe the movies and tv shows,the American people wont "rise up" and even if they had,thanks to us being so advanced,the general populous would be crushed.

Most "change" would begin violently,and I personally dont wanna see any of that.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Black_Fox because: Errors errrrrs

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I think there more powerful than the president

keep paying attention at school

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
These are supposed to be diplomatic cables, and allegedly assessments about foreign leaders and governments? If that is the case what is the big deal and why all the melodrama within the US State Department and other agencies. Governments assess each other all the time, from allies to enemies. That is all part of diplomacy, and is all part of national security and protecting a county's interests. It could be the US, Russia, or China, it is usual run-of-the-mill business. Each country leveraging and sizing up the other in the event a confrontation may occur somewhere down the road, whether it be economic, political, or military. Now, are some nations going to be offended when they learn about the locker room talk about them by diplomats? They probably are, but as long as there is no talks of coups or other sinister undertakings, what is the big deal?

I hope Wikileaks puts every developed nation on blast about how they conduct business on the international stage, and hopefully, this most recent report won't be another blast the US campaign. The US is not the only nation with skeletons in their closet and I hope the rest of the world sees that. A fair and equitable release would be in good order, and would alleviate some concerns about the views I hold of Wikileaks being biased. We shall see how this latest foray into sensitive material affects international relations and current affairs, and hopefully it is much ado about nothing.

link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Ya I saw that after I re read it but was too lazy to edit it

I'll get you back for that

link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well no. I would imagine guys in the CIA run pretty much independent. I don't see the relevance though? Obviously a lot of the government spokepersons/big names will be briefed on a lot of the info and I imagine they know what are in those cables. I don't think they are just finding out now that they are near release. Possible, but doubtful. I would say they are on the level and some of that stuff main political figures don't know is just a matter of them not caring to ask.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You are getting what I'm saying mixed up.
I'm saying we wouldn't support the war, now what other countries would have people support one against us.
They aren't going to war against us.. there are many steps before that.

There is a line, if it is crossed American's will fight for their freedom, I mean when they are really fighting for freedom, not people saying Iraq veterans "fought for your freedom!." Don't mistake that they won't and they government couldn't really use any major weapons one us. First the military would be torn apart, our soldiers aren't going to kill citizens. So there goes their fighters. The American people would win. You don
t think if we were rebelling, we wouldn't get support from other countries? You didn't give a lot of though to how it might go down. (I'm not trying to be a smartass just saying)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Yeah.. I agree. I heard they had or were going to release stuff on Russia. What's funny is a lot of countries they could release stuff one, the people would just say "uh, yeah we know" whereas the U.S. is supposed to lead by example and is being show to fail at that. Still It would seem WL has an anti american agenda if they don't at least mix it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join