It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OR

The leak is not a leak, the leak is a dis-info propaganda, with leak wrapped around it.

+

All this fuss is used to give credibility to Wikileak, and to put all world attention on Wikileaks, when the documents are released.

A much more plausible scenario.

link   
What I don't get is that I haven't even seen anything on the Wikileaks website. Nothing close to disclosing anything, anyway.

link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Not me for one!

I heard that the key will be leaked late Saturday night/early Sunday Morning.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Government of Iceland has been contacted by US officials over Embassy leaks according to MBL

Just tweeted

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yep.. and they also recently posted (again) to download the "history insurance." Why do you think they called the insurance file "history insurance?" That's kinda why I thought we might get a password in place of the kind of releases we got before.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm (unfortunately) betting on your scenario #3, and as an American citizen, I have a very sick feeling in my stomach vis-a-vis the thread title and what is very likely to occur in the Yellow Sea beginning on Sunday.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Nah. Not at all likely. I mean yeah maybe the extreme fringe theorist might consider this, but they wouldn't go to all this trouble if they didn't know one would have noticed or ask why they didn't. Also other government wouldn't be fooled into "looking." They would be aware. This is real. There may be agendas, but it is not the agenda of at least the majority of the government. This is going to hurt them.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I am in agreement with you on both China & Russia...not a good feeling....with all of this synchronicity

An off-side question, Linux required? What is the rationale? Cost to the would-be internet user?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yeah.. well the fact that they talked to China isn't that important. It was expected as the government is talking to everyone. However I will say, with what is going on with North and South Korea this release may be ill timed. And honestly it feels like too much is going on, I wouldn't be surprised if something bad happened in all this confusion. It'd be hard to sort out. Wikileaks could release something that outrages the world/should outrage the world but china takes exceptional offense, while things start up between NK and SK and we have to get involved under the already hateful eye of China. As it stands now China wouldn't actually get involved in the war if there was one.. I wonder if there is anything that could possibly be released that would change that?

Pretty wild times we are livin' in.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Well I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
How can so many people still believe that this is propaganda being covertly released by the U.S. at this point?

With all the posturing and preemptive apologies that have happened within the last 72 hours ... it absolutely baffles me how this can still be considered.

If this much pre-apologies and warnings about "what you might read" are being sent to everyone.. what can the U.S. possibly stand to gain? Not much except strained relationships.

Because some of us don't see the "U.S.A." the way you do. When i say "I think it's dis-info", I don't think it's really the entire government of the U.S. doing it. I think it is a faction within government playing games for their own ends. Most likely they are beholden to someone else. Really, we live in a nation which has spy satellites that read the side of a no.2 pencil from space. Do you really think Assange could hide? You think he couldn't be killed if it was desired?

Take a gander at "The Grand Chessboard" by the infamous Zbigniew Brzezinski

Brzezinski sets the tone for his strategy by describing Russia and China as the two most important countries - almost but not quite superpowers - whose interests that might threaten the U.S. in Central Asia. Of the two, Brzezinski considers Russia to be the more serious threat. Both nations border Central Asia. In a lesser context he describes the Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Iran and Kazakhstan as essential "lesser" nations that must be managed by the U.S. as buffers or counterweights to Russian and Chinese moves to control the oil, gas and minerals of the Central Asian Republics (Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan). He also notes, quite clearly (p. 53) that any nation that might become predominant in Central Asia would directly threaten the current U.S. control of oil resources in the Persian Gulf. In reading the book it becomes clear why the U.S. had a direct motive for the looting of some $300 billion in Russian assets during the 1990s, destabilizing Russia's currency (1998) and ensuring that a weakened Russia would have to look westward to Europe for economic and political survival, rather than southward to Central Asia. A dependent Russia would lack the military, economic and political clout to exert influence in the region and this weakening of Russia would explain why Russian President Vladimir Putin has been such a willing ally of U.S. efforts to date. (See FTW Vol. IV, No. 1 - March 31, 2001)

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Don't be so hard-up for a hero that you don't question anything. Perhaps inciting conflict with China is the goal. No, you won't benefit from that.

. www.newsofinterest.tv...

I don't like that it was an Alex Jones show interview, and I linked to a transcript because I don't want people to have to sit through Jones yelling, but Madsen doesn't get much play beyond Russia Today and Jones, so take what you can get.

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

....Thread Update....

This just gets uglier and uglier by the second...
Wikileaks: US diplomats predicted Coalition would fail

US diplomats predicted the Coalition Government would be unstable and considered Gordon Brown to be weak and unpredictable, secret documents are set to show.

Downing Street was yesterday warned by US officials that leaked diplomatic messages will soon come to light, revealing American diplomats’ candid private assessments of British politics.

The telegrams and cable messages from the US embassy in London are among thousands of secret documents handed to the Wikileaks website, which is set to publish them within days.

The imminent leak has sparked warnings that America’s relations with its international allies could be badly strained.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe it's the BIG ONE!

spec
edit on 26-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm sooooo excited

Leak the things already!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Not an outrageous scenario at all (not saying it is the correct scenario, though) but ... Why the drama? Why the wait? Why the staging? It has been the same play with each "release" and it's why I question motive and intent. If the information is leaked for "altruistic reason" then just do it. The need for all the theater is for another reason...
edit on 26-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by oozyism

Nah. Not at all likely. I mean yeah maybe the extreme fringe theorist might consider this, but they wouldn't go to all this trouble if they didn't know one would have noticed or ask why they didn't. Also other government wouldn't be fooled into "looking." They would be aware. This is real. There may be agendas, but it is not the agenda of at least the majority of the government. This is going to hurt them.

How is it not likely?

and how is this gonna hurt anything?

Answer this:

How hard is it for the US government to spread this dis-info propaganda with leak wrapped around it.
How hard is it for a US government employee to leak these files?

My scenario is more plausible, logically.

Unless you can prove that these information actually can do proper damage/

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yeah, Its frightening alright. The world really does not need China as an enemy; if China gets angry, we are screwed; all of us. Unless of course, we fight against them, then in turn the civilians of China will be victims and none of us want that. Yeah Linux is the way forward because it has so many libraries, so much ability for avoiding censorship if TSHTF.

For all you guys wanting to know if the password to the insurance file was "history insurance"; its not.

Here is exactly what I get when I typed that password in:

the_denv@bt:/mnt/usb# openssl enc -d -bf -in insurance.aes256 > out.dec
enter bf-cbc decryption password:
bad decrypt
9005:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:461 :

I've been trying random ones, but the thing is, the key needs to be 40 characters in length. So, the ones I am trying truly are random, not phrases like "history insurance". Just seen a few folks wanting to know if that tweet containing the phrase was the password, answer is; no. Unfortunately.
edit on 26/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

....Thread Update....

This just gets uglier and uglier by the second...
Wikileaks: US diplomats predicted Coalition would fail

US diplomats predicted the Coalition Government would be unstable and considered Gordon Brown to be weak and unpredictable, secret documents are set to show.

Downing Street was yesterday warned by US officials that leaked diplomatic messages will soon come to light, revealing American diplomats’ candid private assessments of British politics.

The telegrams and cable messages from the US embassy in London are among thousands of secret documents handed to the Wikileaks website, which is set to publish them within days.

The imminent leak has sparked warnings that America’s relations with its international allies could be badly strained.

Hahaha.. Well hell, we get to hear the cables from the Gov. even if they WL wasn't gonna release them. Maybe the U.S. are hoping people will accept these watered down "they kinda say this" and not read what they actually say.

link   

Originally posted by oozyism

OR

The leak is not a leak, the leak is a dis-info propaganda, with leak wrapped around it.

+

All this fuss is used to give credibility to Wikileak, and to put all world attention on Wikileaks, when the documents are released.

If you live in la-la land, that is.

Here in the real world, what you just stated does not mesh with the events that have unfolded in the least.

link   
upon reading this I could only think one thing.
Maybe the 1984 formula is actually in action.
Not to the same extent.But the fact that all the events that unfold, are actually all just rigged events.
I don't know maybe it's the beer, talking but I'm starting to think that if wiki leaks really isn't just a CIA op, then we are in for the real smoking gun (other than 9/11).

Whether it's the files information or the government's reaction, I can't wait to see what happens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join