It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting article...

wlcentral.org...

* Included are 251,287 cables and 8,000 diplomatic directives
* One cable dates back to 1966, but most are newer than 2004
* 9,005 documents date from the first two months of 2010
* Der Spiegel, The New York Times, The Guardian, Le Monde and El País have had access to the files and reviewed them.

None of the documents are classified 'Top Secret', but only 'Secret' at the highest clssification rating. This was also confirmed by Politico's White House correspondent Mike Allen on Twitter, quoting the US administration.

According to Der Spiegel, just over half of the cables are not subject to classification, 40.5 percent are classified as "confidential" and only six percent or 15,652 dispatches as "secret." 2.5 million U.S. employees have access to SIPRNET material, where these cables originated.

it appears after the announcement on Der Spiegel.. it was later taken off their frontpage of the website.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

None of the documents are classified 'Top Secret', but only 'Secret' at the highest clssification rating. This was also confirmed by Politico's White House correspondent Mike Allen on Twitter, quoting the US administration.

That would likely mean that the "Top Secret" files are all contained in the encrypted "insurance" files.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's about the crash of the American dollar and how America has been ripping China off lately.
-next line

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well, I meant government, poor choice of words. The people are the same as people everywhere.
2nd

link   
who is relly behind Wikileaks anyway..
can someone explain

link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Sometimes official calls are said to be about one thing and are indeed about another. In this case I am referring directly to the North Korea situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Guys is it safe to d/l that torrent thats up?

i'd love to see what is documented and see what the hell has been going on over the years but im just really afraid men. call me paranoid but if this is indeed leaked out govt stuff i just dont want to dive head first then next thing you know im shot while enjoyin a smoke outside feel me?

is there any other way of getting this besides torrent? another file host perhaps...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So there's nothing with a "COSMIC" level security clearence? Darn...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvireX
Guys is it safe to d/l that torrent thats up?

i'd love to see what is documented and see what the hell has been going on over the years but im just really afraid men. call me paranoid but if this is indeed leaked out govt stuff i just dont want to dive head first then next thing you know im shot while enjoyin a smoke outside feel me?

is there any other way of getting this besides torrent? another file host perhaps...

Yes you can download the torrent using a good IP masker (if you are worried about that sort of thing)... but you can only download it.. not read it.

Until the "password" is released to unlock the encryption.. it is just useless data.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

No.. you can't go calling us the most oppressed people in the world. That's ridiculous. We aren't even close. We aren't really oppressed because it's by our own making, the majority of us choose this and only a few of us are conscious enough to live in the misery.

The personality isn't fear either. As I said in the above post, it's the same as everywhere.
I meant the personality of my country as in what elected officials do in my name as opposed to the actual people which is plain to see.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think people deserve the truth..Nothing less will do..
We should know what our Governments really think rather than the lies they tell us in the media..

The US is in damage control which suggests they know they have done wrong..
BTW, I think Clinton is a bad choice to make the call..
If it's that serious I'd have expected Obama to say something, not that lieing biatch..

I agree! Why hasn't this bulldog dyke lesbian feminist died already? I mean, she just keeps coming back like a veneral disease or something. Are we just TRYING to piss the whole world off? If I were a leader of another country and someone sent Hillary Clinton (for ANY reason) this would be automatic grounds for bad relations. I agree I hate her and Oprah and any other feminist leasders, leading women off into a ditch of illusionary dispair.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

If you are talking about the insurance files, tens of thousands have downloaded them with no problems reported.

As for this latest release it hasn't been put up yet... that I know of, the last report said possibly tomorrow at 20:30 whenever that is.

The insurance files are an unknown risk until it has been fully decrypted without any problems.

Because of circulation and multiple sources the files could have changed or in some way been compromised/corrupted.

Enough people have downloaded the original insurance files, and IF the key/password is ever released they can go public with it.. So don't bother.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
A post to everyone!

I think the government has taken an interest in the amount of conspiracy theorists that have emerged over the past 10 years. They're not only losing the battle with citizens at the moment; government approval has been way down for a while, their getting butchered. So therefor they must find another spokesperson. Someone who likes computers, likes conspiracies, and seems to be taking a stand against the same things we find so brutal and horrific. He's just like you and me, what better person to transmit false information through then exactly that type of man or to transmit certain information through to further the USA and it's allies endeavors. Although Julian seems like "the saint to open everyone's eyes", in the end he'll probable be more known as "the man that tricked the world". Hopefully the latter isn't the case but from where I'm sitting it just seems to damn fishy.

Reposted because the original post was just to a certain member.
edit on 27-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I said the same thing on here awhile back. It doesn't seem so obvious that they can't touch this guy when he's causing so many problems with government, politics and diplomacy between countries. They (elites) have killed for less. It is only fair to say that history teaches us that what is obvious to us.........means that there is something that is NOT obvious that is really taking place, a slight of hand, as if watching a magician. Something to keep in mind..........just when you think you've got them all figured out........THINK AGAIN!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
don't worry. TPTB have a war in korea to distract everyone from the truth when its released.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I also wonder if it all may lead to some being convicted of crimes, or will the courts throw out the evidence as inadmissable??
Maybe thats the plan..
Get all the evidence of crimes out there in a way that can't be used to prosecute!
Hmm, hadn't thought about that line before..Thoughts????

Suppressing illegally obtained evidence is a strategy used for deterring law enforcement from breaking the law to get evidence. Law enforcement is not responsible for obtaining and disseminating the information here. So, it's not going to be suppressed on those grounds. Also, you're referring to US due process but these leaks will likely involve crimes and corruption of foreigners in foreign lands. International law or that country's own laws would be applicable.

I'm most interested in seeing the US's uncensored response to the invasion of Gaza. I would think that any diplomatic wires sent or received during the invasion would be part of this leak.

With tensions in Korea and the leak of these documents, if World War III is going to start anytime, it might as well be now. There's going to be a lot of angry people on Monday morning.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ok yeah I think I'll just sit tight and wait for pandoras box to be opened and see what happens as the world moves forward. I know I'm probably having high hopes right now but I hope these documents highlight stuff about 9/11.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I would be upset if someone stole my personal info. Just as I am upset that the government has hidden things from us with over classification. Nothing was stolen from the government, because the government owns nothing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Personally - damage to the US aside - I'm enjoying the hell out of this. Its nice to see the roaches starting to scurry because the lights getting shined on them. This kind of whistleblowing needs to happen in every facet of government as well as in every government contractor that does business with the government - in every Country.
Let's have a little truth out there in the open - let's have a little disclosure about what is being done in our name, let's REALLY see where OUR money is being spent - and how. Let's see how those that we put into power are REALLY conducting OUR business. I like the fact that the halls of power are trembling - hopefully this is more than just an inconvenience to them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Concidently many events seems coordonated to spark a international conflict, maybe even ww3 so who could be controlling all these nest of fire

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

To NoAngel2u and everyone else here.

Two points, first this is not treason, because Assange is not an American.
Second, for everyone saying the CIA could just stop WL, It's not that easy, you can stop people, you can'st stop information. The government has to know this so they aren't shutting down WL so they can be admonished by other governments just to have the same information and leaks pop back up again.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join