It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MADCHESTER & FACTORY RECORDS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
Tony Wilson (RIP) was the founder of a record label called Factory Records and discovered and managed great musical talent from the North of England as well as running an infamous night club in Manchester named the Hacienda.

The first club was called The Factory where Joy Division started, along with Cabaret Voltaire and others.

This is what started it all, The Sex Pistols played at the Lesser Free Trade Hall.
The Buzzcocks set it up, even though they didn't play the first gig, they played support for the Pistols return gig.
This was before the Pistols were known outside of London. Tony Wilson was at one of those gigs along with Morrisey (the Smiths), Mark E. Smith (The Fall), and Bernard Sumner and Peter Hook who then went on to of course form Joy Division...

Here are the Buzzcocks at the Lesser Free Trade Hall....

That was Howard Devoto singing, he left and formed Magazine, and Pete Shelley (guitar/sun glasses) took over on vocals.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Dude,
Thanks for posting that sh!t,
"Im lovin it" in a NON McDonalds sort of way

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
FOR ALL MY BEAUTIFUL FREINDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PEACE TO YOU ALL,
RK

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Good piece from a documentary about the Hacienda, with interviews from Tony Wilson and Shaun Ryder,

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Oi Woody
Excellent stuff.....
Cant decide who is God at the moment Ryder, Wilson or Oakenfold..
Truly the Paul Oakenfold remix of WFL is one of my favourites (Think about the Future)
I remember back in the 80's seeing a TV interview between Wilson (who was naked in the bath) and Gillian from New Order... are you familiar with this or am I dreamin?
I am sure that in the same video, New Order were complaining like F**k cos they had not been paid for months by FACT..... but then they said "well we do it for the love of music" Man you have to love that commitment to something they love. As said by Wilson, I honestly believe that FACT brought dance music to the mainstream... Well before their time

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join