It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identifying Misinformation...according to America.gov

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Finally!! We can stop believing all of this nonsense, and recognize misinformation for what it truly is!

We now have simple techniques that you may use to sort through the awful mess of conspiracy theory bruhahah.

Does the story claim that vast, powerful, evil forces are secretly manipulating events? If so, this fits the profile of a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are rarely true, even though they have great appeal and are often widely believed. In reality, events usually have much less exciting explanations.

It's true. In "reality", most of these incredibly off-kilter theories rarely have even minute spatterings of actual truth. Do you think that honestly....HONESTLY a power wielding nation like America would have anything to sweep under the rug? Out of the public's eyes and ears?

The U.S. military or intelligence community is a favorite villain in many conspiracy theories.

Because it's hard to fathom the chance that organizations such as these, may hold some sliver of corruption.

In his book 9/11: The Big Lie, French author Thierry Meyssan falsely claimed that no plane hit the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. Instead, he claimed that the building had been struck by a cruise missile fired by elements within the U.S. government...........But, nevertheless, the book was a best-seller in France and has been translated into 19 languages, demonstrating the power that even the most groundless conspiracy theories can have.

I mean...c'mon....we saw it on the TV. The TV never lies.

Consider the source. Certain websites, publications, and individuals are known for spreading false stories, including:
aljazeera.com
rense.com
Conspiracy Planet
Jihad unspun
Islam memo

I certainly do not trust those sites. america.gov, however, can be totally trusted.

Why dont you go there yourself? And see how we have all been fooled.
Clickity click right here for the source site.

You can also see how clearly they have an answer for all of our assuptions and allegations:
You can click here too, for another America.gov link

Im glad these matters have gained attention. We should apparently get ahold of ourselves!!

Hope this is helpful, fellow ATS'ers.

Love,
Izzy

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Woah.. for a moment there I expected that to be a DHS website.. it is the state department...

Still.. WHAT THE HELL? This is obvious propaganda.. even if they are right, this is propaganda. I'm more than a little disgusted by this..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I was a little shocked too.

Im glad ATS was not up there with RENSE and Conspiracy planet.

But still, it's a condescending love note to every member of this site. It makes me a little angry, you know?

It makes it look like we are just being gullible. Then goes as far as to list Mid-east based websites, just to hit the nail home.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Woah.. for a moment there I expected that to be a DHS website.. it is the state department...

Still.. WHAT THE HELL? This is obvious propaganda.. even if they are right, this is propaganda. I'm more than a little disgusted by this..

To me this shows they are worried, and that it is a totalitarian regime.

second
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

I was a little shocked too.

Im glad ATS was not up there with RENSE and Conspiracy planet.

But still, it's a condescending love note to every member of this site. It makes me a little angry, you know?

It makes it look like we are just being gullible. Then goes as far as to list Mid-east based websites, just to hit the nail home.

Conspiracy theories is a disinfo technique they use to discredit people who don't buy into the government lies.
Take heart, it's a sign they feel threatened by us.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

ahhhh
well that explains everything,
no wonder they call us terrorists !!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They fail to name ATS because it would drive traffic here. More real news is discussed here than elsewhere, and proof is provided. This site is better than any pay tv service. You can send anyone to rense and not worry about what they see.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, america.gov is where all ATS debunkers go for their training session on identifying conspiracy theory.

And LordBasket IV hit the nail on the head.
edit on 26-11-2010 by prepared4truth because: props

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Great Find! Obviously this has to do with the earlier statements this year of bridling conspiracy sites.
Personally I find "Conspiracy Websites" entertaining. Occasionally, there is a real diamond in the rough.
It requires a great deal of time to swim through the disinformation and complete and utter nonsense.
If you use your logic, a Healthy amount of skepticism, research capabilities, and common sense,
you will be able to discern between putting real pieces of the puzzle together and tossing out the pieces
that belong in the loony bin. The propaganda site that you have pointed out is trying to continue the invalidation
of all conspiracy topics as "nutter ideas."

I am glad ATS was not mentioned on the list. There are a lot of very intelligent people on this site who know
how to do their research as well as presentations. There are a lot of kooks as well.
This is inevitable when you are dealing with the general public of the world.

Excellent Thread! S&F

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
They fail to name ATS because it would drive traffic here. More real news is discussed here than elsewhere, and proof is provided. This site is better than any pay tv service. You can send anyone to rense and not worry about what they see.

Well, to be honest they don't mention ATS because the article was written in 2005 and ATS was not quite as influential back then.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I didnt notice that.

You would think they would update their stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by wcitizen

ahhhh
well that explains everything,
no wonder they call us terrorists !!!

Lol! Yes, it's double speak, you know!

Terrorists = those who threaten the criminal activities of the vipers nest.
National security = protection of the vipers nest.

Lol!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

The USDA pulled this same sort of crud on farmers a few years back when we first started fighting Farm Animal ID (NAIS) They even went so far as to make information on the web "disappear" or worse CHANGE the information but leave the same date and time stamp so they could accuse us of spreading "Dis-information"

Farmers got real paranoid and starting saving documents and screen shots to prove the government was LYING THROUGH THERE TEETH!

Thanks to the internet people are starting to wake-up from their comas and I think this is worrying TPTB. As my latest thread shows there is an awful lot of information out there and I think people are realizing the Democrats and Republicans are bought and paid for by the Bankers and Corporations.

An interesting comment supposedly 5000 people a hour calling and emailing to protests bill S510 the Food Safety Bill!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is GREAT news... and what a relief!

It kind of goes along with what Obama said one time... That the internet is disinfo and the media is the truth!

Now we can all relax and have fun.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wait a minute, so let me get this straight...

At first I thought that everything I knew was a lie, so I dove into conspiracy...

And now everything I know is STILL A LIE???

Thank you government for finally clearing things up!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This seems like another good attempt to program children.

It's funny too...so...america.gov....
Debunk the banks running the USA theory then.
Who got money first?
Tell me who started the draft for the Federal Reserve...
Then tell me what group of people meet once a year to discuss the 'economy'.
Explain to me what part of those theories isn't true?
The part about the real group who runs the world?
The global agenda?
The real men who destroy economies?

Unless of course...those arent conspiracy theories now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
This seems like another good attempt to program children.

It's funny too...so...america.gov....
Debunk the banks running the USA theory then.
Who got money first?
Tell me who started the draft for the Federal Reserve...
Then tell me what group of people meet once a year to discuss the 'economy'.
Explain to me what part of those theories isn't true?
The part about the real group who runs the world?
The global agenda?
The real men who destroy economies?

No. Dont worry about that stuff. keep paying your taxes. Keep bailing out banks.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me... or upon secomd look at the site, doesnt it seem a little haphazardly put together? Like, they couldve done better?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Something (not so) funny about this entry from the govt. How to Identify Misinformation page:

Another September 11 urban legend is that an undamaged Bible was found in the midst of the crash site at the Pentagon. In reality, it was a dictionary. But, if a Bible had survived unscathed, that would have seemed much more significant, and been seen by many as a sign of divine intervention.

linky

Seems I have heard something like this before......ahh yes!

Four of the hijackers' passports were recovered, including one found on the street minutes after the plane he was aboard crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center.

source

conflicting data, does not compute, not logical, brain OS shutting down............

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Nope they are FACTS! That is why Dan Estulin was asked to speak at EU Parliament.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well, to be honest they don't mention ATS because the article was written in 2005 and ATS was not quite as influential back then.

2005 huh?
Thats about the year that I started noticing a huge change (for the worse) in the way the Govt began dealing with domestic issues, especially regarding privacy and police tactics.

Thats on or about the year that sites like Myspace, Facebook and other sites that just begged for people to open their private lives up to the entire world. Which is in DIRECT contrast to the previous internet years where protecting your online privacy was heavily encouraged.
I couldnt believe the complete 180 on that issue, in such a short time period.

That year also happens to be the year that Mercenaries openly patrolled the streets in an American City, knocking down doors and confiscating weapons.

The average citizen is screwed in this country, courts are increasingly siding with large corporation and local, state and federal paramilitary/military.
Who wouldve ever thought that the Supreme Court would include corporations in the eminent domain laws, allowing a company (Like Walmart for example) the same rights to your land that the Government has.

Sure we get a victory here and there but thats just a bone they throw us to keep us appeased.
When we, as citizens lose the courts, we are left with little else in terms of our options.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join