It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will not come until we stop hugging each other

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hugging is known throughout the universe as a primitive and violent gesture of posession..any advanced race has long since abandoned this clearcut instinctual primitive response, seeing that all forms of life are not the posession of another.

Aliens..all advanced aliens, will not come and visit us until we have lost this primitive practice in favor of allowing for individual space and freedom of each entity...all actions have equal counters...and the process of hugging for accepted ownership and approval has a counter of physical violence for disagreement...a universal truth.

This is a philosophical debate...I have heard time and time again how "aliens wont come until we do X"...and typically X is some human ideal...trying to put human thinking on a race of aliens...the problem with that is that aliens thinking may be just that...totally alien from our way of thinking.

The hug example is not some channeled information, nor is it true (or false..it may be true..who knows..it actually makes a bit of sense)..but it is hopefully enough to make a discussion on how we need not speak about what aliens may or may not like about our species since it could be simply the fact that they find our process of tieing shoes, or hugging, or looking at the ground to be the universal no-no.

Thoughts?

also, what else do we do without even considering that may be an example of why an advanced race would not come here...eating meat? eating plants? kissing? Think about what has yet to even be considered that may in fact be horrible from a alien standpoint...if anything, it will stimulate some creative thinking.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

This is a philosophical debate...

Starting from this point.

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." — The Kybalion.

If the Universe entirely resides in the Mind of the Creator then I only have one question...

Can there be Aliens?

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by SaturnFX

This is a philosophical debate...

If the Universe entirely resides in the Mind of the Creator then I only have one question...

Can there be Aliens?

Peace

From a individual perspective, sure. if this is a dream, then there is no other person, just images of different traits manifested into forms..however, that is not a measurable thing now, is it...assuming reality isn't a dream..then ya...aliens are almost sure to exist.

Is the point of the dream to try and figure out if its a dream, or to simply experience it?

anyhow, thats all off topic..the topic is, why do some feel the need to anthropomorphicise alien considerations for first offical contact.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thoughts...hmmm, this is one of the most rediculous threads ive ever read. its sad to see you have that bad of an outlook on display of affection. for most of us normal people, hugging is a way to show love between eachother. its ridiculous to even think it is a sign of possession. when i see family i havent seen for a long time, i give them a hug... it relays human "electricity" and lets the conscious and sub conscious mind know that they are still "close to my heart", when im making passionate love to my girlfriend we hug each other, we hold eachother close to feel eachother. hugging is a display of affection, and anyone who thinks otherwise has a horrible outlook on display of affection and emotions. aliens will come when they want... it doesnt matter when they come because the human race will NEVER change.
edit on 26-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: spelling sucks

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Well from that standpoint how about "unknown" or "forgotten"........... alien by ignorance maybe.

I'm for "forgotten".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I had mentioned in another thread this week (that I can't think of at the moment) that aliens (relative) might possibly view our eating meat negatively. Suppose they didn't eat meat, and looked on it as barbaric. Or suppose they do eat meat, and see us as lower down on the food chain, and especially tasty.
How then would we feel about eating meat? Yes, I'm a vegetarian, and with my own personal reasoning. I'm also tired and not in the mood for a food chain argument today (the save a turkey argument was enough) so please don't attack. I was just noting my thoughts since the OP mentioned it specifically.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's an interesting concept! At first I thought this was ridiculous, but "hugging" is definitely a physical motion to trigger and emotional attachment to another for one's own benefit. I don't know if I could ever stop hugging the ones I love in my life.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Can there be Aliens?

Peace

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the title... that was a good one thx, everyone needs a good laugh like all the time.

but does the universe exist outside the mind of the Creator or inside, is it a product of the Creators thought and exist in the physical as life on earth does...

on earth as it is in heaven ?

edit on 11/26/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So the Aliens wish not to interact due to humans showing compassion for one another. Interesting does this include E.T. as well. Can they not just let it be known as do other races on Earth do of their ethnical preferences? Or is this too much.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can think of a few human bodily functions that would possibly terrify an advance alien species to the point they wouldn't want to make contact with humanity. Hiccuping, sneezing, yawning, burping and yes, farting could be seen by an advanced alien species as flaws of the human as a species (wasteful dispersal of energy?). I could imagine an alien of an advanced nature, evolved to the point of having perfect immunity maybe, could react to a sneeze as a hostile/offensive action because of the way one's face contorts during the action.

Of course, there's always a possibility that any one of these actions could be the way the alien communicates.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
thoughts...hmmm, this is one of the most rediculous threads ive ever read.

its also the most rediculous thread you ever responded to then by default...which is curious why you would spend time responding to a thread you found rediculous..but moving on...

its sad to see you have that bad of an outlook on display of affection.

Actually, I don't have that outlook...perhaps you should reread the rediculous thread to note that this is a philosophical thought of what -aliens- may be seeing in our race and not what I personally see? granted, snap judging something is waay more fun...but it doesn't really push the discussion ahead further now, does it?

its ridiculous to even think it is a sign of possession.

you like that word, don't you...anyhow, I disagree...a ring around your spouse is a clearcut sign of posession, a hug is something you do not do towards any random person...so take a moment and consider the symbolism of a hug...a grabbing of another person...step back for a moment and consider how the process may have actually arose into our culture and civilization..a mother will grab and hold her baby for protection, feeding and posession...I think that may be the key there...monkeys do it...people do it...its not some advanced thinking process about exchanging energys as you may want to believe...it is a very primitive practice.

and anyone who thinks otherwise has a horrible outlook on display of affection and emotions.

this isn't a popularity contest as to who can be the most "normal"...philosophy asks questions of the why on human nature...if you are content not wondering why you do what you do...then perhaps philosophy is not your thing..best to go unquestioning in life without deep examination. anyhow...I display my emotions of love and happiness to my girlfriend by putting her in a collar, having her kneel next to me, and occasionally reddening her bum...is my display of affection wrong and yours is right? should I decide that since it is a display of affection, I should never question the root cause of the ceremony? see where I am getting at here? probably not.lets move on anyhow.

aliens will come when they want... it doesnt matter when they come because the human race will NEVER change.
edit on 26-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: spelling sucks

Yes...we may never change...then again, we may after awhile...who knows...hugging may be seen ten thousand years from now as we see bonking someone over the head and simply claiming them as ours back in the cave dwelling days..outdated and a bit twisted...

participate or not...up to you...but if your here to judge me verses discuss the topic, then I think it may be best to find something else to do with your time. As I mentioned...philosophy isn't for everyone.
edit on 26-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: silly hooman language break for me!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lol... Seriously? What do you do at a funeral?? Hug people, show them your compassion. If we stop hugging we give up what makes our race unique. Whats better Emotion.......Or being a mindless drone.... Thats a fun life...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think that would depend on the severity of how they view hugging. If it was some sort of mild taboo they would probably make it clear and let us know. If it was some heinous act, then maybe not?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
I had mentioned in another thread this week (that I can't think of at the moment) that aliens (relative) might possibly view our eating meat negatively. Suppose they didn't eat meat, and looked on it as barbaric. Or suppose they do eat meat, and see us as lower down on the food chain, and especially tasty.
How then would we feel about eating meat? Yes, I'm a vegetarian, and with my own personal reasoning. I'm also tired and not in the mood for a food chain argument today (the save a turkey argument was enough) so please don't attack. I was just noting my thoughts since the OP mentioned it specifically.

heh, there was a show on ages ago called the strangerers....

it was about these aliens that came to earth...disguised as humans, but their true form was that of plants.

They came across a fruit stand and was absolutely horrified at it...wondering what evil animals would dare rip up and sell a cabbage for consumption...one guy was ready to start fighting for this epic tragedy

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I agree that it's kind of silly to try and second guess what an alien species would like / dislike, there's absolutely no way of knowing.

This hugging rule better not apply to cats too, theres no way I am giving up hugging my lovely Doctor Truffles!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Im not a hugger myself but I always saw hugging as a display of affection more than of possesion.what about when you shake hands with someone? what about when people kiss each other on the cheek as a hello?is that possesion?,altough now I think about it,shaking hands is quite a display of strenght and importance isnt it,if you have a weak or limp handshake youre seen as a weak person.so forget that,hah,shaking hnds is kinda a macho thing.

but I still think hugging is more akin to affection than possesion,people seem to get mutual satisfaction from hugging each other.a lot of the younger generation do it now more so than before(from what i have noticed anyway) I personaly operate a no touching policy,if you catch me on a good day I may nod an acknowledgement of your exsistance,or might even smile if Im feeling extra charitable but I dont do hugs but can see that some people like it.

so I dont think the aliens, if they are watching us and even care at all,dont give a rats ass wether we are hugging or not.they may be exactly like us,just technologicaly advanced,technology moves faster than mans awareness or empathy, responsibilty to his fellow man.their machines evolved,maybe they didnt. they could be just as cold calculated as the worst dictator on earth,just better at controlling us without violence,of course if that failsthey will have cooler death rays and brain melting gamma ray blasters to keep us in line.

also I dont get why every one is desperatetly waiting for the aliens to come. if we cant help ourselves the damn aliens have no business doing whatever people think they are gonna do. destroy our corrupt rulers? give us all a personal space ship,and advanced technology so we can tune in to alien tv stations>? ahah Id say put all that effort you put into to hoping and dreaming about aliens back into to something tangible and nearer home.
screw et. if he exsists we'll deal with it when he comes,and if he does you just might wish he hadnt .

i may even start hugging random people just to piss off the aliens

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well I wish they knew this 15 years ago when they abducted me but hey, they were probably too busy that year to get this memo.

Most people who believe in extra, intra-terrestrial or multidimensional ETs feel they're here already.
There is not just one type of ET either and that's some of the problem.

The PTB did a good job with indoctrinating a version/vision of ET in our minds. Most immediately picture the Grey. Those are only one of the trillion types of races.

Many races are here and in fact, some walk among us. They chose to be seen or not. So it's not that we're not able to see them. They (for some reason unknown to me anyway) don't want to be seen all the time.

Like I said in my thread (that I know you're on OP) once you've had an experience, your whole entire existence changes. And although it leaves many of us confused, one thing we all realize is, nothing is what it appears to be. Good bad or ugly. It makes you question everything especially, the authority who might be behind the Human-ET relationship.

By the way, the act of shaking hands came about to show someone you weren't carrying a weapon. So yes, some things are very barbaric even though you said this tongue and cheek.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think that would depend on the severity of how they view hugging. If it was some sort of mild taboo they would probably make it clear and let us know. If it was some heinous act, then maybe not?

Yes I can understand depending on which species of E.T. /Alien. But still if they are peacefull encounters then they should let humanity know they are not into some of the social behaviors here, instead of just not being bothered. But hey who am I

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another thing to consider...

Lets say -we- are the aliens...we are flying around in our cool space ship, find a planet with being very much like ourselves...

the one difference is, they see full on intercourse in the same exact light we see handshaking or hugging...to say no would be considered a bit rude, like refusing the handshake or hug...you meet them, and immediately they take their clothes off and expect sex right there with everyone.

to them, this may seem like a perfectly natural and generally unremarkable sign of light affection...but to us, we would be horrified at the prospect..(to all the juvenile mindsets out there (like mine)...its -not- with people you chose...or even the gender you choose...its with any and all)

that may help you...would you then, being the alien in this situation, even want to make contact with them?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

One reason we don't come to visit you, is you smell bad to us.

And, yes....the hugging!! Yuck!! Unfortunately for us, we appear "adorable" to you, and thus "huggable".....it's our small stature, mostly....not because we're considered "cute" or anything like that. But, can't get the smell out, afterwards.

Still, this is the only place within about 2,519 light years (in your measure of distance units) where we can find those tasty cats of yours....nothing anywhere nearby comes close to being as delicious. (And, on xCTy-wdfGhun, their "cat equivalent" creatures are considered to be sacred, so they aren't happy about our snacking on them. Causes great diplomatic incidents, on occasion....)

So, see ya soon, when we are ready for another cat-nab.....:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ef5bdde937.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join