It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Establish a New U.S. Government - Would You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hello ATS

Let's assume you've all the power you need to establish a new U.S. government. What would this government look like and why would you choose that particular arrangement?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

I would just take away the government's ability to borrow, and I would follow the financial model of a PUBLICALLY held Central Bank. I would just nationalize the fed, and make Aipac register as a foreign agent.
I would make all senior bueaurocrats sign a typical non competion clause to keep them and their immediate famillies from working for special interest groups for a long time before and after their employment with the govrnment.
I would also undo any deviations from the condtitution the government has already done since GWB where we first proved the election was stolen and make every vote registered with a receipt
and make them counted in public by multiple counters to prevent vote fraud..

look at Canada, not one failed bank.
WELL excepting our PMs unbending over allegence to Israel...don't follow that model...
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'd keep it exactly how it is, except change some of the laws and amendments, and have all decisions voted on by the people, making voting a requirement. considering we have the technology to allow instant voting, its possible. but I would make it more accessible to the people, because I don't want to force them to make time for it. Voting machines would be at every government office, that includes schools, banks (banks would be centralized and run by congress), law enforcement institutions, etc. and also at major retail centers, like malls or large retail store like target, that way you cannot forget to vote. and there would have to be a way to check you haven't voted or not. that would be solved by local governments. such as when you vote you place in your place of residency and name of course so that you can be registered as having voted. the local governing body in that case would be made to keep a roll call so to speak of those who have or have not voted, so that if one does not vote, then the local government employee could visit the person with ballots or a mobile voting booth, with no pressure to vote in that instant though. that's a true democracy IMO, even though you are forced to vote. but i dont think people would really mind this. and there is always an option on a ballot for any issue that allows to disagree or disapprove of all options in the vote, so you are not forced to vote one way or another. for example if there are 4 presidential candidates but you don't like any of them, you don't have to vote for the best out of the worst, you can have the option to say NONE, so if the majority of the populace votes as such, then new candidates would campaign and have to be selected, ensuring we get who we really want. congress would still be our representatives. they discuss the issue at large, citizens can write to them in order to voice their opinion on a matter and get it debated in congress, and at the end of congressional discussions, however long it takes to reach a general consensus (say at the end of every month), they return to their states and inform the people of the issue so that they can all make informed decisions when they vote.

lobby groups would not be allowed to make donations to campaigns or any institute that is associated with a currently active politician, though they can still lobby by way of dialogue and persuasion if they are good enough to do so. same goes for corporations. their classification as people are removed, and they aren't allowed to donate anymore than 100,000$ to a candidate or any institution that a candidate supports or represents or is associated with, and the candidate that they donate to has to be from the state they are incorporated in unless it is a presidential election. if the corporations want to do good, they can open up their own foundation, their own foundation that can lobby, but without the help of money. i believe that once you get the average citizen just as involved as the corporations are, a lot of our problems can be solved.

education would be privatized, and enrollment fees would be based according to family income, so that all can afford a good education, but that does not mean that the education standard falls, because if an institution has a better curriculum or better teachers or what not, that means more people would go to that institute, so in that way the institute can always grow. this means that competition between schools and the success and growth of an individual school is based solely on how good the education they provide is, and no matter how great the school, anyone can afford to go to it. this covers the entire spectrum from preschool to post grad studies and however further you'd like to go. that's a real education system.

hmm yes.

also, id have to reintroduce the equal representation act or whatever it is called, that act that made it a requirement to have both or all sides of an issue represented equally. all media outlets now are owned by a small group of larger entities, so breaking that down into smaller conglomerates would be beneficial for the people. id mandate that somehow with an act or law. this would ensure fair, balanced, and competitive media, where accurate, unbiased, and truthful reports return as the basis of journalism and news reports.
edit on 26-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I would use the Constitution of the United States, leaving out the counting of black folks as 3/5's of a person, no slavery, etc. Suffrage, however, would not be universal. This is not supposed to be a democracy where the biggest idiot, bigot, and drunk in town have equal voting power as me. Voters should have something at stake, that way they don't just vote themselves free sh*t at the expense of everyone else.

Oh yeah and any gov't official caught taking bribes or any other form of corruption is immediately and publicly put to death! Pay them well though.
edit on 11/26/2010 by budaruskie because: mama said

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Prohibit government officials to be involved in any businesses and corporations. Also their paychecks would be reduced to standard salary. I would prohibit Government officials to play on their laptops, read newspapers or even missing from work (Because that's why they used to do nowadays.). Lobbies would be illegal and suspended. Every citizen would have the very same rights, be it politician or civilian. No one would hide behind it's politicial status. Every corrupt politician would be revealed immediately without question and would be put to jail. Same goes with liar politicians. The media would be regulated. If the media lies regarding a matter or even directly misinform the public, that media channel would shut down immediately. Oh, and there would be no classified informations in most cases. As we know, secrets raising curiosity and rightfully breeding mistrust, especially as we, the people are giving the power to those people whose are keeping everything in secret from us. There would be no private banks, just government banks where there would be some "how to spend your salary" classes for the sheeps to avoid bankruptcy. The maximum loan also would have a limit. The Wall Street would be restricted and every CEOs whose are now jumping with golden parachutes would be in jail. Corporation bonues also would be prohibeted.

So I would start on this way, but this would be just the beginning.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I like the way the U.S. government was initially based upon. Freedom, Liberty, Justice, and Constitutionality.

Today the government has become too large and too powerful. I want to see less government encroachment into our personal/private lives.

I want the Patriot Act, Obama Care, and the Department of Homeland Security revoked.

I want State sovereignty to trump federal law.

I want tougher justice for rapists, child molesters, and murderers. I want these crimes to be punished by death penalty instead of life in prison on the tax payer's expense. I hear the argument execution is more costly than imprisonment. I had no idea rope for hanging or blades for beheadings were so expensive....

I want to make it illegal for the victim of a crime to be sued by the criminal.

I want to put a one year maximum limit on all welfare programs. I am not your baby's daddy, stop making me pay for your living.

I want to limit Presidential Executive Power. No Executive Order shall limit or restrict the rights of U.S. citizens, nor conflict with the Constitution. Any desire to do so must be brought to Congress and given time for the citizens to voice their opinions to the elected officials.

I want the U.S. to produce more and import less.

Disband the Federal Reserve. I want all U.S. currency to be coined and valued by Congress, and backed with gold, silver, or any worthy commodities.

Let the people vote on major and controversial issues on a state by state basis.

I want affirmative action type policies revoked. Education and employment should be decided based on worth, intelligence, and accomplishment, not based on race.

Freedom of speech. No more lawsuits for what people say. If your feelings are hurt, go home and cry.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Freedom of speech. No more lawsuits for what people say. If your feelings are hurt, go home and cry.

This is one of the most important thing. This liberal mania, the "Be politically correct or shut up" is digging the grave of every nation.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If I could establish a world gov't, yes. World currency, leading to abolishing money altogether, yes...Be a righteous dictator, yes. Abolish ownership of lands, yes. Abolish the patent system and monopoly's, yes. Abolish the supression of universally beneficial technologies, yes. Abolish the education system, yes, Create a new education system which is more self founded and broad, yes, Unite like minded people to work together on common goals ie. Scientists. yes... Give the opt out optioners a land which is also a established as a prison colony called Australia... Yes.

Watch it all go to hell and fail terribly in the end....Priceless

edit on 26-11-2010 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Great point here:

"make Aipac register as a foreign agent."

They are an Israeli political group, not a U.S. Jewish Rights group.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It would look like it did the day after the US Constitution was ratified. The Federal Government would have no authority other than what is called for in article one, section 8. Federal courts would have no authority or jurisdiction over state courts, and I would tell the UN that we are no longer members and that they have 30 days to pack up and get out of our country. There would be no 16th or 17th amendment, and there would be no social security or medicare at the federal level.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nope. I would introduce a global abundance, leveling all Beings to equal status, eliminating money and opening the way for every individual to pursue his/her bliss.

Though I respect the efforts of the founding individuals of the USA, I believe we need to scrap scarcity paradigm models and promote the abundance paradigm.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

sahabi you got my vote

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

If I could establish a world gov't, yes. World currency, leading to abolishing money altogether, yes...Be a righteous dictator, yes. Abolish ownership of lands, yes. Abolish the patent system and monopoly's, yes. Abolish the supression of universally beneficial technologies, yes. Abolish the education system, yes, Create a new education system which is more self founded and broad, yes, Unite like minded people to work together on common goals ie. Scientists. yes... Give the opt out optioners a land which is also a established as a prison colony called Australia... Yes.

Watch it all go to hell and fail terribly in the end....Priceless

edit on 26-11-2010 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

Wow. You should read my (free!) ebook - linked in my sig!

I think you have the right direction in your head. [smile]

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Every single MAN, WOMAN, and Child fully aware of what is going on needs to begin to move to the center of the United States of America. We need to live in a community that makes COMMON sense and is purified by LOVE. We all want to be Loved. We all want our homes to become castles that reach the skies. If our natural human instinct is to seek LOVE and manifest our ideas, why not live amongst others that SHARE YOUR NATURAL PASSION? Create a MODEL community of THINKERS and FREEDOM Lovers in the center of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE. I guarantee, NO MORE POLICE BRUTALITY, NO MORE CORRUPTION, NO MORE BULL# LAWS, NO MORE ARTIFICIAL SUPPRESSION. People in this Community would understand that they are there because THEY knew they were different than the rest of the world. They knew they didn't feel comfortable in their own skin and because of this, the leader within them decided to live amongst others who shared his interest. This is THE FINAL SOLUTION. This plan is 100% Flawless. If i thought about it, then chances are… you probably wondered it. There is a great difference between THINKING and DOING. Ask yourself this question if you read all this; Are you willing to make yourself happy or continue serving a master that you cannot physically take on or see?

Here is my philosophy on education; All nationwide or state level standardized testing will be eliminated. Children will learn basic subjects like Math, English, History, Art, Music, PE, and Spirituality (Can be replaced by parents religion of choosing). Each child's individual grade scores from first grade till 5th grade will be reviewed before graduating to the 6th grade. Upon review of the child's grades and personal sit down meeting with the reviewer or councilor, the parents can choose what types of classes their child's mind is really meant for. There is no need to make human beings, especially children, struggle for absolutely no reason. Education beyond 5th grade can consist of your standard subjects with addition subjects like… How to build green houses. Farming. How to build free energy motors. Economics (yes before high school). How to defend yourself in court. Btw, i had a very interesting concept. Each home in this new Model community would have a FREE ENERGY GENERATOR! Guess who is in charge of building them as the generations pass? That is right, the Children will learn in school how to provide FREE ENERGY for their families home's and that my friends is something that should have been done many years ago. Children will learn what it is natural for them to want to learn, but most importantly of all, they will NEVER be lied to or zombified ever again. I understand that WE human beings are beasts by nature. In fact we are worse than beasts because we literately gather with more beasts and figure out ways to kill our own species and species that have nothing to do with us except when they need to be hunted for food. The difference between US and Animals like Rhinos or Fish, is our will power and the ability to create. Also, i do not know what your experiences are with Human emotions, however i can tell you this from my own personal experiences that I know what love is and i know what it is to love. In my Model community i would embrace the uses of Entheogens such as Mushrooms, Salvia, Peyote for Dimension traveling. Dimension traveling is one of the most sacred truths that these elites have kept from the public ear. Famous civilizations from the past have been known to use Shamans for spiritual practices or to simply teach individuals the ropes of Dimension traveling.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would make a new government that was what the old government used to be like. In a way, it would seem like a new government, because we have forgotten what our rights are. I would make everyone go back to school to learn our real history. If you wanted to be a lawmaker or politician or hold any government job, you'd get a reeducation...or basically get the education you missed in school.
Our forefathers would be rolling over in their graves, if such a thing were possible.

new topics

top topics

join