It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China issues warning ahead of war games

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

China issues warning ahead of war games

news.ninemsn.com.au

China warned on Friday against military activity in its exclusive economic zone, ahead of weekend US-South Korean exercises intended as a show of force against Beijing's ally North Korea.

"We hold a consistent and clear-cut stance on the issue. We oppose any party to take any military actions in our exclusive economic zone without permission," foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Things are really heating up.

These are the strongest words I have yet heard from China and maybe a clear indication of who they feel are the real provocateurs.

China have already used their veto power to stop any action against NK over the torpedo incident..

I have yet to see a US reply
although the US and SK have both requested China help rein in the NK.
I can't see that happening in light of this latest development.

The United States and South Korea, which have both appealed to Beijing to use its influence to rein in its wayward ally, are planning a four-day naval show of force against North Korea that will involve a US aircraft carrier.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Someone posted that they have used stronger language in the past and that this language was in fact milder in nature. I'll have to find that post and source it referenced.
None the less, it's definitely something watch. I believe the exercises are scheduled started Sunday the 2nd. Is that local time, which would make it 14 hours earlier from me in the US EST.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Things don't look good.
This all seems very suspicious when one considers this incident -

Earlier this year, China blocked efforts by South Korea and other nations to secure UN condemnation of North Korea over the torpedoing of a South Korean naval ship that was blamed on Pyongyang, in which 46 sailors died.
Yet there wasn't much of a scene over this incident where 46 people were killed

Where was the US then?
Sending ships into this area at this particular time is just throwing fuel onto a fire??
I'm sure NK is very aware of the firepower of the of the South and her major allies...What are we seeing here???

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I hope this folks chill out. It seems they really want to blow up the world. Does this government personnel want to live buried in a bunker? I hope not.
edit on 26-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A guy discussing this on the news the other day made a very good point, China hates, I mean seriously hates the idea that a US carrier group will show up anywhere near China... America knows this, and for the next 30 or so years they have the carrier upper hand - China is busy working away on their own, but in the Carrier sector at least they are very far behind.

The idea, or one of the idea's behind placing that floating city, along with all the subs and other ships that go along in the carrier group is to send a serious message to China, something like; 'you can bent the ear of this North Korean up start punk - we ain't taking no more messing around, things just got serious'.

Hopefully China will take the warning for what it is - although there will still have to be posturing and staring contests, I feel this is not WW3, it's still a regional issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
NK seems hell bent on war, I'm not sure it will make a difference what SK does or will not do. These last 2 incidents, the first being the ship sinking back in March are really acts of war and if SK doesn't start pushing back then I fear it may get worse whether we like it or not.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well it looks like the lines in the sand have been drawn , And China just told us basically to turn around and go home. This is going to be intresting on how this plays out. Push comming to shove.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
NK seems hell bent on war, I'm not sure it will make a difference what SK does or will not do.

NK is hell bent on getting what it wants in the upcoming 6 party talks.

They know exactly how far they can push and get away without any war, or major retaliation. And if they do push too far they can always run and hide behind their big bad Chinese stepfather.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have been thinking that perhaps China wants to outspend America in defence spending, like America did to Russia, causing the fall of the Soviet Empire. I am also thinking that would not be to awful hard right now. North Korea may just be a pawn in a military chess game. No one can convince me this hasn't happened before.

Edit to add this thought I just had....

Suppose north Korea is completely broke already, and is on the brink of a financial disaster? Suppose their very economy is about to collapse?

Think about this for a second. If this were to happen, the North Korean government goes south, the county collapses into chaos. this would be the biggest humanitarian disaster in the world. China is overcrowded already, and would most likely refuse to take in refugees, South Korea could only take so many. It would take the world's full cooperation to even line up the logistical system to feed the refugees. We here in America need to understand that the North Korean people are not the enemy here, it is their mental leader Kim and his criminal government and corrupt military. Anyone see a regime change in the works here?
edit on 11/26/10 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's a possibility because that's what they're famous for, my fear is a serious miscalculation by NK should they further provoke SK and US. The SK people are very angry and want blood and should the government give it to them then all hell will break loose and lots of people will be dead on both sides of the border. Interesting though I was just reading China is now trying to diffuse the situation by having talks today with all parties involved so lets keep our fingers crossed that cooler heads prevail.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

MMM,said this to the wife the other day.
The US is in very bad shape,china has been playing a decent hand over the last few years,they do not need to engage,just a minor upset of the apple cart and push the US dollar down the gurgler.
The USA is losing its superpower status,no one wants us currency anymore.
China is going to destroy the US financially then move in for the kill.You can see this plain as day.
One very underrated story at the moment is the china/russia dropping US currency.This is huge.When the worlds super power becomes down graded they lose superpower status.
From where i sit (Aus) it looks like china is quickly taking on the role of the next superpower,thats a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
They know exactly how far they can push and get away without any war, or major retaliation. And if they do push too far they can always run and hide behind their big bad Chinese stepfather.

Yeah they were able to get the Clinton administration to bend over and take it in the rear. I doubt President Kowtow will Fare much better.

edit on 26-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
China warned us, the united states to stop, we cant sk is our allies. nk is genetically insane. We are on our way to help sk in their war games wich in truth we will be backing them in the possibility of war. china has to back nk. Yes china, russia and numerous other countries want to take usa down. well here we go. money/economics is not the issue here, the mighty nuke is the issue. nk is genetically insane they will use their nukes.
saturday....sunday....someday. im scarred with this one

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

You may be right - NK may use nukes - that's what scares me about this conflict more than anything. I think Kim wants to go out with a big bang.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
reply to post by autowrench

MMM,said this to the wife the other day.
The US is in very bad shape,china has been playing a decent hand over the last few years,they do not need to engage,just a minor upset of the apple cart and push the US dollar down the gurgler.
The USA is losing its superpower status,no one wants us currency anymore.

The US is as not in very bad shape. I know because I live here. We have our problems sure but we are no where near a collapse like the fear mongerors want you to believe. Don't forget we still have the most powerful miliatary that the world has ever seen.

China knows this.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

The US is as not in very bad shape. I know because I live here. We have our problems sure but we are no where near a collapse like the fear mongerors want you to believe. Don't forget we still have the most powerful miliatary that the world has ever seen.

China knows this.

You truly don't think we're in bad shape? Then why are we monetizing our own debt? Why is the Federal Reserve Bank ("Fed") printing and infusing trillions of dollars into the economy .... again. Why is the Fed even printing money when they do not have the Constitutional right to do so? Can you tell me who owns the Fed?

I think what China knows is that the conditions of the U.S. is dangerously close to the conditions of the Weimar Republic back in the late 1920s just prior to the total collapse of Germany.

While I would wish it otherwise, the truth of the matter is that the U.S. IS in very bad shape. We are far, far closer to a full financial collapse than most people want to face. This is not fear mongering; it is unfortunate reality. The IMF has warned us. The other G20 Countries have warned us ~ why do you think our President returned from his Asian tour so upset? Why do you think he threatened China at that last G20 meeting? China and Russia have dropped the dollar in their trading. We ARE in very bad shape.

Do you wonder why you don't hear the truth about it in the main stream media? Because if the general public knew just what bad shape the U.S. is in, there would be pandemonium.

We do, indeed, have the most powerful military in the world and, imho, the best military in the world; however, it takes money to run that military and we are out of money.

Please study up a bit on the Weimar Republic. Then compare it to the current conditions of the U.S. Then try to imagine what would happen to us if China called their loans in.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Using your logic the US has been in very bad shape for a very long time. Things may not be great and there are many things that need to change, but the US is not on the verge of a collapse. The only way that could happen is if another civil war breaks out.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Roma had a vast army,Mongol Empire, Persian empire, the Greeks and Kaiserlich Deutsches Reich or Kaiserreich.
They all fell why do you think we wont Im not saying any thing about our and mine armed forces all Im saying is crap happens. For all we know we might just get handed out on a silver platter.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
People we are literally one step away from a potentially earth shaking crisis. I say that in all seriousness and doom mongering aside.

I do believe that N. Korea and S. Korea are being used as proxy's between the US and China. The US is not going to turn the USS George Washington around, it will appear as way too weak.

Anyone wonder why China is not condemning the shelling on Tuesday? china more than likely approved the action to N. Korea before hand.

this is very serious situation we have here. Anything can happen and it could change our lives in a second

<<   2  3  4 >>

join