It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Really Want Sarah Palin As Your President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I usually refrain from making politically-charged threads, however after reading the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm really wondering how anyone can possibly defend this woman and - even more grotesquely - how could anyone want to see this woman as president.

Is there a bliss-like blindness driving some people, mesmerizing them to follow their leaders no matter what the consequences? I don't think I need to remind you which country is famous for that type of attitude.

Have a nice day!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Way to ride the coat tails friend ...

I posted this in the other thread, ...

.. and now that I think of it... it really explains alot.

I think people support Palin because they are just ..... like ...... her.

Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Well it is true, she is prettier than Tina Fey..

Is it a pre-requisite now that potential political leaders are somehow smart?

That'd be a first... Oo

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Id watched vids of her when Id first heard of her run with McCain and saw a seemingly competent woman and young promising politician. Comparing that to the winking cutsie doofus "say it aint so joe" moron.... this manufactured persona out of the blue that she kept up the entire campaign until now.. turned me completely off. ANYONE who can change themselves like that is dangerous.. not to mention the foolish sideshow she made of a few things trying to act all "down home" Mrs main street common. Im not fond of fakers and acting flirty/goofy/cutsie during such a serious endeavor as being the VP of my country... its insulting.

So a big fat HELL NO should answer your question.

I can also go the rest of my life without ever hearing again : joe six pack, Don'cha know, math is hard, mama grizzly, or any other of the annoyingly moronic things that woman said. I make myself want to barf but I have to say it : even that beastly Clinton woman behaves in a more professional way that that doofus Palin.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's kind of sad were giving Sarah all this attention. .....

were probably playing right into her game.....

The average american see's her name flying around everywhere, and with their "dancing with the stars" riddled minds assume that she must be very popular, ... hence worth voting for.

.. as they say, ... any press is good press.

Is it only a matter of time untill Kim Kardashian is running for office ?? People can't even tell the difference between reality tv and reality anymore.

In a world where Jersey Shore is the hottest show on TV, ... and it's "cool" to be trashy and semi-retarded. is the possibility of Palin becoming president that far out ??

the world is becoming its own parody, and I fear that one day soon, .... the mentaly handicapped will have their majority, and rejoice as they seal our doom.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by somewhereisthetruth

lol the fact that you have faith in any side shows how lost the American public is. Obama is a bad president so was bush. while i lean more towards republican i have had enough of their lies and the dems lol show too much sorry for being american for my taste. we need to stop shipping our jobs to both china and India and close the border. Then stop any trade with any communist country.Also make a rule that only American citizens are able to buy property that way we don't get bought out of our land

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Whats really scary is that recently she said she thought she could beat Obama.. Im afraid she's right because Obama is failing miserably and the American public is as deluded as you described.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Surely you guys can come up with someone better than Sarah Palin. Are there no other candidates? I dont believe that in the US you cant find yourself a decent president.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The short and sweet of it is NO,
I shudder, I shudder and sweat ice water thinking about it,
that's the best we have? Seriously?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Surely you guys can come up with someone better than Sarah Palin. Are there no other candidates? I dont believe that in the US you cant find yourself a decent president.

See, the problem is we really have no say in who we get to vote on.

Sure there are plenty of capable leaders in this country. Unfortunately we usually always seem to end up picking between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
The short and sweet of it is NO,
I shudder, I shudder and sweat ice water thinking about it,
that's the best we have? Seriously?

Not that I have seen yet.. Im just hoping someone at least sane crawls out from under a rock somewhere and gets some backing by one of the big 2 because we all already know that the majority of Americans will ONLY vote either repub or dem. I can always hope for a miracle. Our PC mad country better get off of this stupid "gotta be a woman as potus now" idea. Ive heard enough of that insane sentiment now to make me uneasy. How about the best candidate for our country and stop highlighting skin color or gender.. maybe?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
After two years of Obama, a lousy, loony, leftist, commie-bastard Democrat, it's obvious that Palin would be a much better President than he.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No, she isn't the best we have to offer. Unfortunately, as some have posted above me, we don't get to make the choice.

As Ed Bernays said:

A Presidential candidate may be "drafted" in response to "overwhelming popular demand", but it is well known that his name may be decided upon by half a dozen men sitting around a table in a hotel room

I am no genius but I am completely and utterly baffled at SP's popularity. The video above shows how stupid many in this country are. They have no clue what they are saying, no clue as to what Palin stands for, yet there they are showing their support. The blind followers of a blind woman. One guy in the video said "I keep hearing it over and over" and then says he watches lots of Faux News. I guess Goebbels was right, eh? Just keep saying the same tripe over and over and people will believe it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I really am sad after watching that video....I'm speechless.....the average joe has sunk this low. I see that we really need to open Philosophy, Psychology, and Political Science class (only teaching the basics) and require people to take them on weekend.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Could it be that TPTB are offering Palin as the frontrunner of the moment simply because she IS so awful? Then, as the next election draws closer, their real choice for a puppet to replace her can't help but be perceived as better?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
sure, she's very pretty and lots of laughs. you cant say that of many US leaders can you?!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
now, after her alaska exploring show....she doesn't need to be potus....i want to explore alaska with her bunch.....it's more real life than running the" lost to evil" country. there is two years worth of alaska to show on film.....marty stoufer style
WILD AMERICA
edit on 26-11-2010 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Does it really matter who is President and reads from teleprompters telling the people what they want to hear, then going behind closed doors and doing just the opposite??

The US hasn't had a functioning President for years. They are mere puppets..
I vote for Kermit...At least he's funny...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
what don't you understand about orchestrated elections? they have to get the candidate they want to be president to be endorsed by either the republican or the democratic party (doesn't matter it's the same agenda either way).. then get the other party to endorse someone who will be easy to smear and easy to run against

palin has already done her part in the 2008 election to get obama into presidency in this way with john mccain, maybe they'll let her run again in the next election and the republican party will endorse her, then 40 or so percent of votes wil be wasted and the candidate our corrupt government wants in office will be endorsed by the other party ( again, there is no party difference, only a sytem used to narrow down votes and orchestrate elections and push controversial agendas )

why can't you see that OP author?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I would elect a monkey before I would elect her!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join