It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I understand its a scary subject but>

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by Lannock

your concerned that there are people that see the world in a different light than your self?

To be honest I am concerned because these people who believe in things which do not exist try to force it on school children. My son is in grade 2 so I have a personal interest.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

my concern is that there are people trying to force atheistic views on school children because they will not open their minds to things they can not touch, smell, see or hear. i have a 5 yo and a 1 yo

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
maybe if you live for nothing and are cast into the lake of fire and brimstone... you actually become fire and brimstone... lifeless yet still part of the universe where energy and matter just transform. I've often wondered where that will, that spiritual energy comes from concerning seemingly lifeless things.

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

the torment the bible speaks of only lasts 1000 years until the universe is destroyed. in my studies i have found that the anti christ is a way of controlling the minds of the people and not exactly a person nether is satan. they are representations of a mind set of the people.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

the torment the bible speaks of only lasts 1000 years until the universe is destroyed. in my studies i have found that the anti christ is a way of controlling the minds of the people and not exactly a person nether is satan. they are representations of a mind set of the people.

the thousand years is when god brings souls back that are written in the book of life and at the end of that thousand years he lets the devil loose again and then then all who are left who are not in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire and brimstone tormented forever and ever...
edit on 26-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

I do not intend to be rude, and I hope I do not come across as being so, but through MY studies of religion, I have found that it is a primative form of flawed reasoning based off of superstition, fear, and manipulation.

As far as children being taught atheistic/religious doctrine in school, my answer to this debate is as follows:

Separation of Church and State.

Secularism is our friend.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you are telling me this for... perhaps just saying it.

never said any of this was a person... I suggested that lost souls are transformed into lifeless universal energy

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Lannock

my concern is that there are people trying to force atheistic views on school children because they will not open their minds to things they can not touch, smell, see or hear. i have a 5 yo and a 1 yo

These are a few of the things I don't want my child to be taught:
1. The world is 4.6 billion years old. No, not 4 billion, not 5 billion, but exactly 4.6 billion, like someone measured it.

2. Speciation is a fact.
3. The Bible is the Word of God.
4. Abiogenesis
5. The big bang.

If you want to teach those things make it clear that none if it is proven and they are all possibilities, not facts, except for #3, which is bollocks.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

lol did i say to be taught christian views? i said open minded to things we can not touch, smell, see or hear.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
My hell ; immortal and being imprisoned in a casket drop in ocean, and suffer in agony from torture for eternity.
My heaven ; living forever with my grandma and grandpa down to my son and daughter.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

i was simply adding info. and the 1000 years and what comes after is up for interpretation. and there are many different bibles with different wording. but in the end the universe is destroyed and a new one is made. hence all who are not chosen no longer exist.

and to make things clear to all, these are just things i have found from studying the bible. my believes/ideas are not that of the bibles.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Lannock

lol did i say to be taught christian views? i said open minded to things we can not touch, smell, see or hear.

Never said you said that, but we're going off-topic methinks?

Heaven : Me + Nicole Scherzinger + Kim Kardashian + Jessica Alba + a permanent supply of rock music

Hell : Me + Kent Hovind + Richard Dawkins

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Damn ! burning for eternal life huh?

^What"and why in hell, would we deserve^ that, when in due respect, we never asked for life to begin with...or did we ?

How in the 7 gates of hell can God create Hell, for the lack of knowledge humans are born with from the beginning pf birth ?

They say that’s why Jesus died, 'for our sins'.

Was this act by God the ultimate knowledge that God was not perfect, when he then created humans?

Allot of question not enough answers in this world.

I just don’t understand what the force was about, when hell and the devil was introduced into the realm of life.

I wonder why we carry so many bricks for others, from others .i wonder how many people you no carry your bricks of life for you ? not many huh !

edit on 26-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

dont forget megan fox.... before the surgery lol

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My idea of hell is the generic description of heaven. White fluffy clouds playing harps, golden streets, white robes

Plain old white clouds, boring, give me clouds at sunset or storm clouds. Playing the harp? No thank you, not my style of music. Golden streets? I really dislike the color of gold, silver streets would be cool though. White robes? Can I trade those in for a corset and stilettos?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

i was simply adding info. and the 1000 years and what comes after is up for interpretation. and there are many different bibles with different wording. but in the end the universe is destroyed and a new one is made. hence all who are not chosen no longer exist.

and to make things clear to all, these are just things i have found from studying the bible. my believes/ideas are not that of the bibles.

oh...ok.

I have my own interpretations too. I think I like my new one. What is hotter than quasars and galactic energy? The means for the energy was already there... somewhere, but if it has spiritual value what could seem more like that kind of torment?... or to be the lifeless rocks.

I once had a poster called retribution and it was an ocean and beside it in the rocks there were faces of suffering in stillness.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Lannock

So you will teach your children that -

The sun goes around the earth ?

The earth is 6000 years old ?

A man lived inside a fish (albeit a big fish) ?

A homosexual should be put to death ?

It's ok to have a slave and beat him to within an inch of death as long as he doesn't die ?

A man who rapes and tortures your children only has to believe in jesus to spend an eternity in heaven, yet if your child eats black sausage he's cut off from god ?

And the icing on the cake - If your children don't believe the nonsense you do then an invisible monster that reads their thoughts will drag them off to a pit of torture and fire forever ?

No of course, you don't tech them this filth you tell them stories like Noah and the ark, ghosts impregnating a virgin and making a magik baby , three wise men stars lambs and donkeys etc.

The nasty stuff only comes later when your children start asking questions, going to church and learning to read then it's show time.

No one is trying to force an atheistic view on children, atheism does not make a claim but certainly does require an open mind for inquiry. If you can't allow your children this but teach them uncompromising nonsense written by bronze age scribes, then needless to say when monsters like George Bush tells them it was gods' idea to go kill other peoples 5 and 1 year olds they will bleat and comply.

Shame on you

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Somehumanbeing

burning in hell is a miss conception.

IMO, and with evidence, yes, burning in hell forever is a misconception... I am a Christian Universalist, and according to what I believe, everyone will eventually be with God. For many of us, that may mean a long time of apparent hell...

In NZ where I live, schools are wholly secular, and any kind of preaching is forbidden. In that sense, yes, secularism rocks!
(The NZ Education Act says schools must be "free, secular and compulsory".
Vicky

[url=http://www.tentmaker.org...]http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/unique_proof_for_universalism.html[ /url]

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

So you will teach your children that -

The sun goes around the earth ?

The earth is 6000 years old ?

A man lived inside a fish (albeit a big fish) ?

A homosexual should be put to death ?

It's ok to have a slave and beat him to within an inch of death as long as he doesn't die ?

then needless to say when monsters like George Bush tells them it was gods' idea to go kill other peoples 5 and 1 year olds they will bleat and comply.

Uff, where to begin? Many of those beliefs you are claiming are Christian ones, are simply American ones! George W Bush is thankfully irrelevant, but outside the USA, it's easy to see that he isn't a Christian...
Have you never heard of Christian pacifism? It's a much older and stronger idea than the Christian militarism that as far as I can see, Americans believe...
Also, many of the things you quote are from the Old Testament. The New Testament is called that for a reason. These things such as the bit about slavery, are as irrelevant as GW Bush!
Vicky

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
reply to post by Lannock

You should fix your quotes. Your response is directed at The Djin, who responded to 'fallow the light' who responded to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join