It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Second explosive found in record cache in San Diego County. Brand New CNN article!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

(CNN) -- "Authorities have found a second homemade explosive and more of a type of explosive previously discovered in a house in an unincorporated area near Escondido, California, officials said Thursday."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"They also found more hexamethylene triperoxide diamine, or HMTD, inside the house, but the two types of homemade explosives were not immediately removed because they are too volatile and the house is too cluttered to negotiate safely, Assistant Sheriff Ed Prendergast said".

Read more here--->www.cnn.com...

I really don't know what to think of this yet.

your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just your average ATSer, preparing for armegeddon

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Bomb technicians must work slowly inside the house because the slightest friction -- such as opening a drawer -- could ignite the explosives, Prendergast said.

damn...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm inclined to agree with the previous poster. Seems like someone who was just getting ready for something that he thought was on the way.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Bomb technicians must work slowly inside the house because the slightest friction -- such as opening a drawer -- could ignite the explosives, Prendergast said.

damn...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

not really sure, seems to me like the mans lost it but.....

Certanly give home land security a reason to justify their insane spending.

But in this case it was worth it

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I found this part of that linked article
very ironic

San Diego County authorities confirmed Thursday they have found pentaerythritol tetranitrate, or PETN, a favorite of al Qaeda bomb-makers that is now the target of new U.S. airport body scans and pat downs.

a raid to prove they need the
scanners and pat downs perhaps???

they claim the largest cache of explosives
found in the US.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by captaintyinknots

not really sure, seems to me like the mans lost it but.....

Certanly give home land security a reason to justify their insane spending.

But in this case it was worth it

Maybe, maybe not. I could see this playing out quickly as a 'see this is why we need scanners' scenario...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You beat me to it dammit!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Certanly convienent for them don't you think

But either way i'm glad they caught this lunatic before he actully did some harm.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Who wants to bet body scanners and security will rise becasue of this?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Et voila! The false flag to justify the TSA groping. These terrorists are just sooooooooooo co-operative.

Darn, you guys beat me too it too!
edit on 25-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

If you flag the thread you'll be forgiven!

JK

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've just made a similar article in General Conspiracies, which is about this False Flag operation to justify TSA screening. This entire news is a lie. Again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The story i got on this was the guy was making M80s/Salutes with the HMTD.

And yes HMTD does make some powerful M80s. (won;t tell you how i know but i worked and have held state and federal blaster papers)
HMTD is very easy to make and not to dangerous if you know what you are doing.

A M80 made with HMTD is about 10 time more powerful then the Mexican ones. (and no i do not give out the recipe)

The problem with HMTD comes in about 15 to 30 days as it become unstable after that time as the crystal structure grows. and this will happen in dry form.
And HMTD reacts with metals forming very unstable compounds and is unsafe to load directly into metal tubes or pipes.

Likely this is why he was making or had PETN as it does not react with metals. but it needs a primary explosive blasting cap to fire it.(HMTD would NOT detonate PETN) so the cops need to look for blasting caps or something like them.

Nether HMTD or PETN can be seen on the airport scanners unless its in a metal pipe.
And explosive detecting dogs must be specially trained to detect HMTD as its not a nitrate explosive.
And the electronic sniffers are for nitrate explosives not HMTD, But will detect PETN because its a trinitrate.

This guy made regular trips to Mexico.
I wonder if he was selling explosive devices to the drug cartels.
Something that looked like M80s but had a greater power and coated by the drug cartel people with BBs or wrapped with wire would make a field expedient hand grenade. but if he was caught by the Mexican cops they would just think they were M80s.

Both HMTD and PETN are Hexamine based, One is a nitrated, One is not.
edit on 25-11-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can't see a survivalist needing such explosives. If it's a real find (IE: Not a plant) the persons must be up to no good.

There just isn't any need for such things other than warfare. Even if they guy wanted to build a bomb shelter or something, he could do that without making homemade freakin' explosives. You have got to be nutty to do that in your house.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
I can't see a survivalist needing such explosives.

I can see where a survivalist could use such, But i see no need for the chemicals to be mixed before TSHTF.
The chemicals for HMTD could be found in any survivalist equipment.
One is a heat tab for heating food, hand warmer, or starting fires with damp wood.
One is a disinfectant for wounds.
And the last is used as a food preservative, flavor additive.
Those with some cold packs and cooking oil would be handy for opening security doors or many other uses.
Nothing illegal and nothing the cops would even notice if mixed in with a bunch of camping gear, first aid and food supplies.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I haven't really posted on here ever but this is very serious.

My house is 1982 via scott... that is literally the next door neighbor to his house.

Ive lived there my entire life and the elderly couple that lived in Jakubecs house before moved out 5 years ago.

I never saw this guy, and my neighborhood is pretty close knit.

They evacuated the entire block and I havent been able to return home for almost 2 weeks.

FBI and CIA were there and explained that no local government or even US military has the capability to move that amount of explosives safely. They told us to remove everything from our homes.

They are also in talks with the Israeli government in handling the materials out of the country.

This isnt just another scare guys, even if that is the intentions. This is national news.

Tomorrow they are holding an international press conference relating to the situation.

Ill post more news articles and video links in the next post.

top topics

join