It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, it's NUTS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Im fed up with this ridiculous religion marlarkly, ive got past the point of caring if i insult religous people, so im going to be straight to the point.

What the hell are you religous people doing with your lifes? Seriously!! Living by the rules of some ancient book, written by who the hell,knows, for whatever reason.

What year is it? No please tell me!

Its the year 2010, almost 2011! Our origins are almost 100% confirmed, the way the galaxies came into existence is far more convincing of that, God created the earth in 5 days or whatever it was.

Think about it, Adam and Eve the supposed first Humans, thats right folks, 2 people on Earth TWO. So they must of had sex about 1000000 times, and eve must of had 100's if not thousands of children, one big incest family right?

Religion is the scourage of humanity, dont say this you might offend, dont do that, oh no you cant eat this, or you cant drink that.

Open your eyes and be free, stop living by these rules in the hope your going to die and end up in a magical kingdom full of pixies and gnomes, and you get to play pool with abraham lincoln.

Its not happening, sheesh

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thread seems to have posted itself 3 times

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

What do you seriously hope to achieve with this thread?

Are you bored or something?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's definitely caused a lot of problems. There are hundreds of different religions, and everyone is always fighting over who's right.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Do you not find a more logical explanation for the first man and woman: adam and eve who was created by god/s from heaven?

People back then who have created religions in their respected areas were just trying to explain things that make sense in their time.

So it wont make sense to people in modern times unless they put some thought and research into history.
edit on 25-11-2010 by platipus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
What the hell are you religous people doing with your lifes? Seriously!! Living by the rules of some ancient book, written by who the hell,knows, for whatever reason.

Christians are supposed to live by whats in your heart. Tell me how living like that is wrong, just because people do not obey that, what fault of that is the christian faith?
edit on 11/25/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Woke up on the wrong side of the "good book" huh?

They have a name for a person who says "What you think is stupid."

It's called a 13 year old. They all think they are the smartest person in the world and Mom and Dad are the dumbest.

You don't like religion. Ok. SO we have to listen to your teenage rant? Nope.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I find it's important for humans to ask "why?"

This is how we learn in some form we otherwise wont from experience or from our own.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh man the ignorance of the OP makes me feel dirty for clicking on the thread..

NO, they didn';t have sex 100000 times. If you calculate the people that survived and were mentioned after the flood, our popluation, with correct math, would equival the population we have today.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Im fed up with this ridiculous religion marlarkly, ive got past the point of caring if i insult religous people, so im going to be straight to the point.

No you dont seem to care who you insult, wether it be fat people, gay people, women and all the other groups of people you gladly insult in your posts.

This needs to be moved to rant

And FYI, im an atheist. I dont follow religion but it doesnt bother me if people practice it, so I find it kind of bizzare that you felt the necessity to tell the population of ATS about your feelings.
edit on 25/11/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
religion is a collection of moral principles and their resoning behind them.

It is an inevitible product of a sentient species.... through all of the universe. Having that said.... it will always have flaws beacuse it is a work in progress.

If you look at the bible as being written by ignorant sand people trying to explain their thoughts and life experainces that brought them to these moral principals, however idiotic, then you can begin to see where actual knowledge can be gained from such parables and stories. Even if its what NOT to do and how NOT to think. You can either learn from other peoples mistakes or make them yourself. Pick one. lolz

I still HATE feeling those thoughts that go through their heads... all the ignorance and pain that will surrond their lives just makes me want to "show" them all the reasons their magical prayer answering deity doesnt exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Oh man the ignorance of the OP makes me feel dirty for clicking on the thread..

NO, they didn';t have sex 100000 times. If you calculate the people that survived and were mentioned after the flood, our popluation, with correct math, would equival the population we have today.

No that would NOT equal the population we have today. Stop with the name calling.

Also, post your "correct math" I would love to see where you get those theoretical numbers from.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yes. Absolutely. Religion is institutionalized magical-thinking. Its prevalence makes people obsessed with death and hero-worship. Stranger still is how/why there seems to be a child molestation conspiracy within Christianity. Abrahamic religions are scary. Star and flag.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

your stupid, you have no faith. I have religion because of stupid people like you. you think you know everything and get pissed at people for having beliefs, when you beliefs are based on being able to do what you please without consequence. The greatest trick that Satan has ever done was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Christians think they can do anything and be forgiven. Also, your comment violates ATS T&C. Name-calling and ad hominum attacks are not allowed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Do you believe that Adam and Eve were the first people on Earth? I find that hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that people once lived to be 600 years old or more. The bible says there were giants. Do you believe that too? I ask you these questions respectfully.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

i believe so. After the whole noahs arc flood event, the atmosphere of the world was changed forever. The first known recording of someone being drunk was after that, which was noah, who had expeienced these effects drinking the first fermented grapejuice after the changes.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Are you sure that is the first recorded occurrence of someone being drunk? The Rig Veda is older than the OT, I thought there were people getting drunk in it...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

No... im pretty sure, imean, its in the Bible. Which tells no lies

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It says in the bible that slavery is ok, but I have to disagree with that.

2nd line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join