It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning with anger: London streets in flames again as 25,000 go on rampage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Burning with anger: London streets in flames again as 25,000 go on rampage

www.dailymail.co.uk

* Demonstrators smash into police van and steal uniforms
* Two officers injured as they clash with protesters
* Territorial Support Group rushed in to bolster police lines
* Huge crowds are 'kettled' on section of Whitehall
* New unite chief Len McCluskey hails 'poll tax spirit'
* More protests in Cambridge, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow

Police officers were seriously injured today as angry demonstrators protesting against the hike in tuition fees again brought chaos
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
First Ireland, now London... the streets of Europe seem to be on fire... How long before we see this in the US...? The reality is that this is all caused by the banksters who artificially control the volume of each currency.. First they wanted an expansion, now a contraction... but the key bond holders like Goldman Sachs and Rothchilds collect 100 cents on the dollar while Joe and Jane eat cake... Will the average Joe wake up? or will history repeat itself?

www.dailymail.co.uk

cryptome.org...
On Cryptome they have great photos from the protest...
edit on 25-11-2010 by R_Clark because: I have added photos from Cryptome to support the article which are great!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

First Ireland, now London... the streets of Europe seem to be on fire... How long before we see this in the US...? The reality is that this is all caused by the banksters who artificially control the volume of each currency.. First they wanted an expansion, now a contraction... but the key bond holders like Goldman Sachs and Rothchilds collect 100 cents on the dollar while Joe and Jane eat cake... Will the average Joe wake up? or will history repeat itself?

www.dailymail.co.uk

last month france...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

A few months ago Greece.

It's all orchestrated, manipulated if you ask me.

This isn't true chaos, this is diluted controlled chaos and perfect for the implementation of new order.

Although grabbing the leaning tower of Pisa begs for the joke - which way does it lean?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

People in usa will not do anything.

The bit i do not get is the police and gov could just microwave these peopel and they would be sick and go home.

The uk gov spend there time microwaving innocent irish homes, so why not microwave riots, dooh.

Get it people they could just microwave these people and they would be able to do nothing, and they have other non lethel weapons they could use, that could scramble there brains. So why do the police no use them?

If they microwaved people no person could do anything, they would get sick on the spot, i.e massive headaches, and needing to just rest.

See the ptb want this rubbish rioting, they could easily stop it if they wanted.
edit on 11/25/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

cryptome.org...
On Cryptome they have great photos from the protest...
edit on 25-11-2010 by R_Clark because: I have added photos from Cryptome to support the article which are great!!

You forgot France too!!

second
edit on 25-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These protests aren't directly to do with the banking crisis though, there about Conservative proposals to raise minimum fees for attending university from £3000 a year to £9000.
I think the Tories would have done this banking crisis or not.
edit on 25-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You forgot Germany.
Stuttgart, weekly protests since the last 52 weeks. Some weekend demonstrations had over 100,000 people on the streets. On of the protests turned violent (by the police) and over 400 people got injured, my Brother right in the middle of things.
Gorleben, over 100,000 protest, over 1000 injured.

I am fairly new posting stuff but here is a video from Stuttgart ( I wonder if you can watch it all the way through, it makes you soooo sick to your stomach). This is not 'normal' for Germany (I wrote more about it below).
www.youtube.com...

and a news article from Gorleben (in English):
alethonews.wordpress.com...

People are waking up and saying no more!

My five cents on Stuttgart, as written on my facebook page:
This video is about something sooooo awful happening on 09/30/2010. Germans have named it 'Black Thursday'.
The video is very hard to watch, but here is my message and a little bit of a background:
These people are the frontrunners. Doing the work for all of us, saying 'No more', we are the people and we have a voice'!
German people do not understand the violence that is being used by the policeforce/government against them. Please understand, this is new to us, picture this happening in Central Park NY and you get a good idea of it.
1000 young teenagers (school groups) age 11 to 18 held a peaceful protest in the park, as well as about 500 protesters from all walks of life. The protest was (as by law) reported to the city weeks in advance.
The schoolkids wanted to hold a peaceful vigilance for the trees, sitting in quiet and holding banners. Word got out that P...olice is marching in with heavy equipment. There is a group, called Parkschuetzer.de (save the Park) were over 100,000 people have signed up to save the park. A system has been put in place by this group to text message anybody on this list if something major happens in the city/park. Everybody got a text saying' come to the park asap, police is marching in, trees are being cut). Over 1500 were able to show up.

Heavy equipment and 1000 police forces march into the park. Everybody is peaceful! Out of nowhere the Police 'opens fire' with powerful watercannons and pepperspray.
This went on for 4!!! hours. Not one of the protesters retreated, not one! Ambulances were called and people were told 'we don't sent ambulances for protesters' (recorded on audio!). EMTs were sent by the Parkschuetzer group.
Over 400 people got injured. Two people lost their eyesight, many had broken bones and broken skulls. Due to the vicious beating from the police as well as the powerful force of the watercannons.
That very night over 1000 people showed up in the park, to watch many trees getting cut. My brother describes it as this: We were standing there, wounded soldiers, the trees where surrounded by 1000 police officers. One by one the trees fell, like soldier in the war...and there was nothing we could do, but cry. But
the very next day over 100,000 people went on the streets to protest, peacefully once more.
My brother says, for every one, understandably, angry protester there are 100 taking care of him, calming him down and reminding him with hugs and whatever else it takes about the motto: peaceful , always peaceful.

A few days later it was proclaimed that the remaining trees won't be cut 'for right now'. The construction of the train station will be halted 'for now'.
This is far from over, but at least it is a beginning.

What is this about?
1994 Stuttgart/ Germany decides that we need a new trainstation. Plans are being drawn, constructions sites found, money calculated.
Little by little, over the years, we, the People, find out what this means.
We will loose our park and over 300 hundreds year old trees, the architectural monument, our old train station will be torn down and the project will cost about $4Billion. Yes you have heard right, $4Billion.
The citizens of Stuttgart decided to protest. Groups were formed and since 2009, for more than 50!! weeks every Monday demonstrations are being held, with more than 6000 people showing up, every single Monday.
Once and twice a month major demonstrations are being held, with people marching through town, more than 100,000 people, every month. Every big demo has a motto, my favorite being 'enough said' with people dressed in black and V for Vendetta masks, marching through the city with not one sound but a few powerful drums.
On Black Friday the government decided they had enough and what happened is shown on the video.
I am in awe of my Country, my City, my Brother.
It might be hard to watch but keep in mind, the courage they have shown, the ongoing peace, the strength to say 'no more'. I hope you might find a little of YOUR 'no more' in these people.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Actually, get a fine weave chainmail, put it all over your head and body (nicely fitted of course for the ladies!), connect it all together and put little spikes on the bottoms of your shoes. Connect the chainmail to the shoes and you might just have a mobile faraday cage!

Cheers

Dave

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

First Ireland, now London... the streets of Europe seem to be on fire...

What do you mean 'first Ireland'? No big demos there (that's still to come'). But really, sorry to burst your bubble but the streets of the UK are not on fire. Unlike the French (who continually protest about EVERYTHING) we are not very good at demonstrations.
And actually, most of the population does not live in London.
But yes the chickens are coming home to roost. People are waking up to the realities of the situation. Our welfare system is a joke - handouts for all. Most of us realise it had to be taken in hand. And public sector workers and profligate councils which include the laziest of them all could do with a 'reduction'. A shame the decent hard working folks have to suffer as well. But mark my words, people will have their protest then resign themselves. It's what we do. Sadly, maybe
edit on 25-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We don't riot often, but when we do it gets violent. Then it goes away and nothing much is ever gained by it.

This isn't really anything new to England, or the UK in general.

Though perhaps this time, they might have caused unrest among the idea age group to actually make a difference, educated people many of whom will have children in the not to distant future and may well raise them with the same anger they feel towards the government now.

A generation who from birth are surrounded by adults who dislike the way we are treated by the government....

Though sadly I fear it will fizzle away into nothing as it always does, the government doesn't care.

Oh, and to whoever said use microwaves, andy1033 I believe. I think THAT would only be a very short term cause, because the next day there would be much larger numbers on the streets because a student problem has suddenly turned into a human rights problem overnight as well as the current student problem, and combined with the flash mob effect. In the long run such tactics would probably endanger mroe lives than dealing with them how they currently are.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

So how would you know, they microwaved you, would the police put up a massive baord saying we are micorwaving you?

The general public could do nothing, and i do not care how many there would be in a group.

These police nad gov use these weapons on homes against innocent people, but they would not use them on people actually doing something.

The general public would do nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by komisch

Nobody forgot Germany, most of us never even heard of what happened.
All honor to your people who placed themselves in harm's way to stop the destruction of the park, your brother included. An amazing show of restraint by the people to continue to protest peacefully despite the constant provocations by the police.
The video is amazing and very sad. Many people were badly injured.
What galls me is the media in the US NEVER tells us about events such as these. It infuriates me that they can ignore the sacrifices people make.

I'm done protesting. If there is ever a "next time" of confrontation with the police I will not be holding back.
I am sick to the death of watching the police all over the world beating down peaceful protests.
We pay them to protect and serve us but they protect and serve corporate interests instead.

The people won't tolerate this much longer.

To all who protest in the streets and put themselves on the line - SALUT!!

CX

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Andy, do you get paid for every time you say the word "microwave"? Just wondering.

Pretty dramatic story there from the Daily Mail, 25,000 rampaging and "London's streets burning".

Uh no, there was probably 25,000 protesting and a few idots on the rampage. As for the streets burning, they set light to a bus stop and started a few small fires to keep warm.

What a croc.

CX.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

People could put 2 and 2 together. "Mass groups of protesters all fall ill during protest." They may not know WHY, but they would easily guess it was down to the government/police.

It would cause chaos on the streets and would be a public relations nightmare for those in power. On small isolated attacks there is no way to prove something is happening, but on such a scale there would be no denying it. Every other party would tare them to shreds and they would have no hope of ever being re-elected.

The riots demanding an immediate general election would be problem enough. They can't patrol every part of every street even in just London to get every protestor.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
so why not microwave riots, dooh.

IMO cuz what will be returned will be a
lot heavier than a microwave.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

People could put 2 and 2 together. "Mass groups of protesters all fall ill during protest." They may not know WHY, but they would easily guess it was down to the government/police.

Its happened before in uk, i bet you they knew it as well, but did the protestors do anything, nothing.

Of course peopel may know, but i am saying they would do nought. Does not matter how many peopel there is, microwaving them would stop them period.

I bet it has been done at uk protests but you never heard of it, as those ones where probably peaceful, lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You are telling me if entire protests worth of people knew they had been targeted by 'something' fromn the government that made them all ill, it would not be all over facebook, twitter, youtube and every news channel in the UK by the end of the day?

And yes I suppose you could argue they could stop the news channels presenting their pieces if they REALLY tried, but they could not control every corner of the internet. They delete one post about these 'weapons' and two new ones from the same person sporut in its place. One a copy of the original, the second complaining that their posts are being deleted.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think it was the Met Police Commissioner who has said today that they will be reviewing and changing their Policing to meet increased violence at an increasing number of protests.

Stating the obvious much?

Most of us were saying this two years ago, and it's only now occurring to these idiots in these positions of leadership?

It really does seem that these people are incapable of seeing a bigger picture. They are not capable of seeing beyond the next few months, while people here on this forum were predicting almost everything that is happening when this financial crisis began.

I think I'm going to start a think-tank. Any one want to join? (he says, semi-seriously)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by komisch

Kudos to the people. This not being widely reported outside Germany concerns me. How is it reported in the MSM in Germany? What is the official spin?

Where is the 4billion coming from? The Treasury or 'private investment'? Is it to be funded by loans and what is the return, how long will it take your country to pay off the loan and interest? For the majority of future British graduates lucky enough to find a job, 10 years + to clear their student debts. Will your municipal tax burden increase so that your government can pay off the loans?

Just checked the Wiki entry for Stuttgart, lots of corporate and banking interests there.

Did you make a Thread about this? If not, please do, I think it needs to reach a wider ATS audience.

edit on 25/11/2010 by teapot because: eta the final query and request

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join