It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.000 years old Inca artifact proven to be a replica of an ancient aircraft.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Go spikey!
yeah, the model plane on my desk is a flying fish???

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The vertical tail fin and the elevators are the main argument of Ancient Alien theorists, to support these artifacts are not depicting flying animals, but actual aircrafts.

Vertical tail fins are present on Exocoetidae and Guitar fish.Also the so called elevators are in the same position on the artifact as they are on the fishes.The fact that the the lower part of the tail is omitted on the Gold artifacts is not lost on me.It could be simply that they wanted them to lay flat for what ever reason.There are a lot details added or subtracted,for me this is artistic interpretation.

The question in this thread, is that there are a bunch of shill disinformers here, committed to discredit the video of the test flight, NOT BY PROVING they are not models of aircrafts, 'cause the DON'T HAVE how to prove it, but by calling anyone that believes they are actual models of crafts, of "delusional" of "charlatans". They are not debunkers, but disinformers.

I am not committed to discredit the video of the test flight.Like I said I'm an RC designer and builder,in fact I could build a RC aircraft "with the exact dimensions"of the gold artifact"-Including the waves on the fins leading edge"and all the other details.I can do all this and guess what it would fly-but this does not prove the Inca had any knowledge of advanced aircraft.
If this makes me a" delusional charlatan" so be it,but dis informer? Come on now who's delusional

edit on 27-11-2010 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

Oh, I remember you... You are the RC guy that can build a "flying kitchen" to disprove the video of the Inca model test flight.... Ok dude, whatever you are about to build to discredit this video, be a flying kitchen, a flying toilet, a flying guitar fish, a flying cat fish... STOP talking and prove this video is not testing a scaled model of an ancient aircraft. Honesly, you are becoming waaaay too boring and you aren't even funny...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1208cc0be9d8.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Besides racist, you are an ignorant that doesn't know the difference between "channeling" and "enlightenment". The writer of the first version of Vymanika Shastra, didn't channelize ANYTHING. The Sanskrit scholar, Sri G
Venkatachala Sharma, received VERBALLY a series of manuscripts and sketches, from a SADHU named Pundit Anekal Subbaraya Shastry. Assuming you don't have a CLUE about what a Sadhu is, I'll put some light on your blatant ignorance: It's an ASCETIC that seeks mental enlightenment and spiritual freedom by practicing yoga, in isolated conditions.
This is a picture of one page of the original ancient manuscripts:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/464d2db308b5.jpg[/atsimg]

The Sadhu DICTATED in Sanskrit idiom, the containing of the manuscripts and Sri Sharma TRANSCRIBED it to HIS VERSION of the Vymanika Shastra, during the times when they had close contact. The Sadhu became the spiritual Yogi teacher of Sri Sharma. Not a "spiritual channel" as your ignorance is implying. I assume you nor even read the article YOU provided, 'cause it's pretty clear, even being a clear disinformation material about the real story, properly scrutinized by Dr.T.N.Prakash, Coordinator of Aeronautical Society of India. The transcriptions of Sri Shastra were corroborated by several Indian authorities as:

Regardless of semantics, the source of the Vymanika Shastra is a modern spiritualist.

The Sadhu receive spiritual enlightenment through the copious intake of cannabis as well as meditation.

Are you being selective with your facts or were you unaware of the practice?

If you are sincere in your belief that the Vymanika Shastra is a legitimate engineering document portraying technology that is realistic or even feasible I suggest you might want to pursue a couple of lightweight courses on aerodynamic principles and basic newtonian physics.

The worst case is that you'll learn something you didn't know to help you further refine your argument for the Incan gold fish trinkets to be proof of mesoamerican extraterrestrial visitation.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Drunkenparrot because: Corrected Quote

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by spikey

Go spikey!
yeah, the model plane on my desk is a flying fish???

Forget these guys. They are not skeptics, they are disinfo shills trolling the thread. Don't lose your time!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

What does ones academic background have to do with him writing about a subject. Nobody claims that he anything to do with writing the Vaimanika Shastra. He just wrote about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So I guess Totem Poles are next for the Ancient Astronaut theory? Seems to be the same as the bird figuriens. Funny how no one mentions that our Ancient People are more like us than you think. Humans have always been creative.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

What does ones academic background have to do with him writing about a subject. Nobody claims that he anything to do with writing the Vaimanika Shastra. He just wrote about it.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post?

I was under the impression that you were offering the D. Hatcher Childress pseudoscience essay titled " Ancient Indian Aircraft Technology From The Anti-Gravity Handbook" as providing some sort of legitimacy to the Vaimanika Shastra?

My point is that D. Hatcher Childress is in no way qualified academically to comment on either the cultural or scientific validity of the text in question.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And J.K.Rowling doesn't know anything about sorcery and magic yet she wrote Harry Potter books. So you don't have to some academic genius or even a scholar to write about a subject.What I was showing was somewhere to show where there is mo9re on the post I made. You never saw me say this was a technical manual for anything it is just a site to read more of what was posted. Please do not try to assume something until you understand it . Don't take my comments the wrong way I am just trying to make it clear so we don't have a misunderstanding here.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

S & F

I skimmed through this thread with my hip-waders and didn't see the following video. If I have missed someone elses posting of it then I apologize. The models have been reproduce in a powered form and do fly

skip to 5:26

edit on 27-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is not necessary directed at positions you may or may not hold, but is in context with the thread, OP and Forum as a whole (and the idea that these objects are evidence of ancient astronaut theory)

The models have been reproduce in a powered form and do fly

1) That doesn't suggest aliens

2) That doesn't mean that these are replica of aircraft for sure. Simply because the dimensions might be right for flight when scaled up doesn't mean any advanced technology or aircraft actually existed from which they were scaled down. Until evidence of the actual aircraft themselves all we have are some toys, or possible religious relics, depicting something capable of flight (bird, bug, plane, etc).

3) Even if the aircraft aspect were proven academically it still wouldn't suggest aliens, it would merely suggest the Incans were more advanced than we believed. The only example of flight being "invented", outside of evolutionary adaptation, is MANNED flight. Even if the assertion of the OP title is 100% correct it doesn't stand to aid the alien astronaut hypothesis in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

You do understand that J.K Rowling was writing fiction, right? I mean that is definitely the last example I would use in trying to say that somebody could write about aeronautics without knowledge. That would be like suggesting I can write an honest book about cardiovascular surgery. I have zero experience as an MD much less as a surgeon. Anything I wrote would be worth zilch. That is unless I did a lot of research and became knowledgable on a subject.

Rowling did a lot of research on UK mythology and European mythology of sorcery before writing her books. Here is a little something most people don't know. A lot of published fiction writers do as much research as non fiction writers before writing a book.

Writing without knowledge is nearly impossible unless you are writing complete fantasy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

...a series of 1.000 years old Inca aircraft-like gold artifacts, sent by Colombian government to further analysis...

The first thing I thought off when seeing those sculptures was "space shuttle"... and what was the name of the first reliable space shuttle? Nice coincidence

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
To say that these small artefacts are not in fact scaled down versions of flying machines, or more likely gliders, is slightly narrow minded and if researched correctly before commenting you may have come across such discoveries of Ancient Ramps found in the Americas and in Egypt for the use of Gliders It reminds me of when I try to tell my kids something and they just don't listen, they think they know better.......The same rule seems to apply from ancient generations to the present generation.
As for modern day physics.....we are only now catching up on what Tesla already knew all those years ago and even further back into the Vedic Stories of Vimanas Chariots of the Gods and the reality of quantum physics ........Concepts Of Zero Point Energy.....Vacuum/Temperature/Vibration.
Ancient city ruins devastated by Nuclear Warfare 8000 years old
So for a glider or small aircraft to be built 7000 years or more later isn't that much of a jump. 4000 years and counting and look how far we have come.
I look at the Alphabets for a sign of a civilisations advancement, if its artistic they have reached their limit and turn to the more higher functional processes of the mind. That said this isn't a constant process, in fact our history is littered with disasters that have brought our species to its knees, then we forget and carry on the search for a better way.
Take a look at our technology today.....the throw away society.....why? Because they're not built to last.
I've said it before I'll say it again if our society falls there will be no cars or planes and rockets left to show our achievements only rock monuments, sculptures and odd oddities of metal beams or trinkets that defy logic for the new civilisation....I'll leave you with an e.g Defying Our Own Logic
edit on 27-11-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Ancient city ruins devastated by Nuclear Warfare 8000 years old

Sigh...

Well, at least you referenced the oldest webpage I've ever found on the internet concerning these false stories about Mohenjo-Daro.

All the other stories come from this one.

Sorry, but your reference has been shown to be incorrect (putting it politely.)

Many times.

Nice job on linking to the (apparently) original line of crapola, though. Few people ever link to the Rense page.

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Models reproduced, and flown?? Well, as pointed out already by T-S, this proves ZILCH, Slayer.

Also, your hip waders might have obstructed your view?? Did you miss my videos, showing the flying lawnmower? And the flying Snoopy doghouse??

Somewhere....if I search hard enough....seems I remember someone built a flying BARN DOOR too....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, well....not a barn door but it's flat, and RED, and maybe is what I remembered, from way back....a flying STOP SIGN:

(Oh, and that streamer, looks like a kite's tail? Not the same function, as on a kite....it is used in a form of aerial combat play, that R/C pilots engage in. They cut each other's streamers, in dogfights....)

PS...what a shame, the OP resorted to using the "shill" word and accusation, when shown that the premise and "facts" of the OP are without merit...based on actual logic, science and reason and historical records.....

edit on 28 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

so where are the gold replicas of barn doors?
[with eys and teeth painted on them)
i wanna but one beside the P40 on my desk

p40s can fly can't they?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I mean, IF such things existed in 1,000 AD, then they would have still been there ~400 years later, to be seen/captured/appropriated by the Spaniards?

Would they? That's quite an assumption.

Throughout history, things have stopped existing quite inexplicably. Ever heard of the Bronze age collapse? In less than 100 years, every major city, culture, and language this side of Iraq was wiped off the map. As we speak there's still no full and convincing explanation.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I find ancient history fascinating, as an amateur. Not a scholar, by any means, so I read up on it, when something interesting is raised.

And, looked up "The Bronze Age Collapse", just for fun:

explorethemed.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.worldagesarchive.com...

As always, there are plenty of very prosaic reasons and possibilities...it is when people jump to the most outrageous and far-out "explanations", that lack any evidence, or at best, use flimsy misinterpretations of ancient art works, and infer something that isn't reality...it takes away from serious investigation and study.

One has to, of course, put ALL of this into perspective, especially when analyzing the Human propensity for allegory, allusion and exaggeration, in the oral tradition of telling tales....THAT is usually reflected in the various religious works. Another thing to consider, with religion, is its use as a TOOL of subjugation, over the many past thousands of years...to control people...usually illiterate, and therefore easily manipulated by the "priests" and "shamans", etc. It is far more complicated and involved than can be covered here, in this forum.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thank you for the Pumapunku shout out--the engineering there, with the meticulous, small straight lines and puzzle light blocks, is far too well done to be created with anything short of lasers today. Whenever we get a "Conventional" explanation for things of this nature it's almost more wild than the idea that ancient aliens helped out ancestors--the carving done on those rocks was so exact there is no way it could be done by a human alone.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
sorry doubled my fun
edit on 11/28/10 by zcflint05 because: double post

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join