It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"S. Korean defense minister resigns; North threatens additional attacks" new cnn article!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-young resigned Thursday, according to the South Korean presidency, two days after North Korea shelling left four South Koreans dead."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"If the U.S. truly wishes to ease the tension in the Chosun [Korean] peninsula, rather than protecting the puppet South, they should control the South, so the South will not hang on to maintaining the NLL [Northern Limit Line] by invading territorial waters and firing artilleries," KCTV said. "This incident shows that the acutal offender of the armistice is the puppet South and it is the U.S. which created tension in the Chosun west sea."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

certanly interesting, in my eyes just more evidence of coming war, he doesn't want blood on his hands and the responsibility.Hell who would!
www.cnn.com...

your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That's REALLY, I mean REALLY retarded.

You do NOT resign like that during a crisis of that importance.

This could embolden North Korea towards more provocations leading to WW3.

Good job there! NOT.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

ya, I think it's because he knows war is upon South Korea, and he doesn't want any part in in it!

But what this man did today has been the trend for S korea lately, when things start to heat up and N korea gets aggresive they pussy out.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The article says he has been trying to resign since may...and was actually forced to resign..this was just the "last straw" kind of thing and so they pushed it through considering the unpreparedness of the troops.

I would agree that on face value, it looks odd, however, a bit of reading and you realize its not very unusual.

I am curious overall what will happen on Sunday when US ships are in the water...they have shaken their fist at that also...
This has been long planned out...already NK is indirectly stating they will push the envelope with America...if that happens, they may find a slightly different response than a "strong condemnation"..like that one bully that feels he can poke anyone with a stick...so a much much larger bully stands next to him and waits...brass knuckles already worn. Expect a surgical and quick response taking out all artillery should a single shell fly at the carrier...however, this may end up provoking further hostilities...not sure...lets wait and see.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
you know...the one thing I "like" about this conflict (I use the term like very liberally here), is that there is finally a black hat and white hat senario here.
Kim is a evil and twisted bag of nuts..when war with Afhganistan was initially starting to break out...most libs were for it...but we also wanted something to happen with NK..that is a epic tyranny that stains the earth and anyone whom wants to progress the overall value of us as a species recognises something needs to be done with this devolving nation...
topple them and let SK take over...or even China...either way, that specific nation has been on the radar for -far- too long as a destructive and well...evil force. I just hope it can be done with minimal loss of life...pay off a few head commanders..a few operations to quickly eliminate the higher chain of command, and done...no major bombings, no endless years of rebuilding...a simple sniper attack and a offical handover of power.

meh, one can dream of world peace...but until you take away the war machines, there will be no such thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ya, that won't happen.

wishful thinking there man..!

while that would be the best scenario I think N korea wants war and S korea is starting to get pissed off with the sinking of the ship, and the shelling of the island. I think theres gonna be all out war, the only thing i'm not pretty sure on is where China stands. I have no idea how there gonna react.

China's walking on egg shells right now..!

new topics

top topics

join