It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Gulf Coast Residents Won't Eat the Seafood

mobilebroadcastnews.com

17 minute video of the Rally for the Truth ~ Grand Isle, LA Residents are getting sick tests prove the seafood is not safe to eat even though the FDA says it's fine.

BP Oil Spill contamination of the gulf seafood supply and effects of dispersant on the people who live there. ~ Grand Isle LA
edit on 25-11-2010 by FluxRostrum because: not knowing how this site works

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I spent the weekend down there and have just gotten my voice back (felt/sounded like a 5 pack a day smoker)
I'm still still a little out of breath for no reason.

there was 1 (local) corporate news crew there and they only covered the politicians that spoke and William Baldwin who happed to be there doing a documentary.

mobilebroadcastnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FluxRostrum

If the FDA says its safe to eat, let them put their money where their mouth is and enjoy some of the Gulf seafood.
Better yet, let's serve some up at the White House for Thanksgiving. You'll find out real quick if it's safe to eat then.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Safe? Oh hell no! I live down here and I can vouch for that. I live on the gulf coast in LA. I've seen that BPs left behind. Dig 2 feet into the sand and see what you pull out. Hell, kick the sand around a bit and see what color your toes take. You see balls of the milky black/brownish/redish stuff all over the place. Sure it's dispursed, but just enough to where you just dont see it on the sand. It's become an under the top layer masse of goop that I wouldnt want to be around. I have no idea what's in that stuff, as it's mixed with dispursment chemicals and who knows what else. Its the nastiest stuff you can set your eyes on. Believe me folx, this stuff you find just below the top layer of sand in many places, looks like something youd get out of the bottom of an outhouse. Its like sewage but it's not. The water doesnt even seem the same anymore. It has a milky sheen to it still, albeit slight, if you look close enough, it's still there. The beaches here are not what I remember a year ago. I dont think even Rita/Katrina left this kinda waste behind and that was pretty bad. At least then you could smell what you were swimming/walking among.

I expect this stuff to contaminate the louisiana and surrounding beaches for a long time to come. I definatly do would not eat the seafood our shrimpers and fishers bring in today. Since this has happen, I've had many people mention how they've gotten sick from eatting seafood from our coast. Many of us that consumed this stuff on a weekly basis just dont do it anymore unless we know it comes from elswhere. Ive reverted to using shrimp from china for my foods when needed, and that stuff is horrible. But even so, it's a safer alternative. I've waited this long, I'll wait another year or so before I even bother eating our own gulf shrimp. That's pretty sad, especially since alot of the people in this area either work in the oilfield or the shrimping industry. It's how people make a living down here and one of those guys are hurting very badly right now. Most of us Louisianians wont touch it yet. That hurts our shrimpers like you wouldnt believe.

Thanks for shedding more light on this! It needs to be known. No one else around the media seems to give a rats @$$. They've already given the All Clear.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If the schools allowed marketing intruders to usurp the voice of the parents and to turn children against parental authority, I would be pulling my kids out of those schools immediately. To reward children for giving the correct brainwashing response by giving them a BP hat is an offending affront I could not abide. And then to have them come home wearing that hat in an act of defiance of the truth of what is happening? Are all of the school boards being bought? Why is this being allowed? Why do you all continue to fund these programs and institutions? The power to stop it is in your hands! Make those transgressors accountable for their actions!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
More food for thought....

Oil Leak Estimates Wrong - White House

Yep... it's still there

Tar Balls... After all this time???

BP wants to settle.. I guess thats a good idea now since they dunno just how much damage they've REALLY done yet...

Lets hurry up and settle now before the numbers get bigger guys....

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FluxRostrum

The really mind blowing thing about this is that simple clean up remedies could have been used like hay www.youtube.com... Doesn't BP own the dispersant that is being spread?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
actually, situation seems so bad that they cannot conceal reality: GOM is contaminated like Hell & their miserable attempts to cover it up only worsen everything www.miamiherald.com...

top topics

join