It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

As an agnostic, I try not to indulge in things like "faith" too much. Should I put faith in the US Dollar? How about gold? Actually, the prudent investor refuses to put "faith" in anything, and attempts to make allocations based on the reality that we don't know the future.

I notice you didn't attempt an interpretation of recent IMF statements treating of gold. No, I don't know the future any better than you do, but I would suggest that those at the helm of the global banking empire probably do know a bit more about what they have planned than you or I.

"What if" TPTB have a plan already, and further, they have revealed a few hints about that plan? Would it be wise to ignore them, preferring faith that terrible things just aren't "likely"?

This is where "faith" (or the lack thereof) can finally play a reasonable role in assessing things "likely". TPTB are in far more control than we often like to give them credit for. Yes, that implies that I have "faith" that they are fairly powerful, but we each must form a basis, or foundation for interpreting the many signals coming at us.

I have chosen to keep TPTB firmly in the center of whatever possibilities that I may be considering. I always try and ask, "What are they really up to?" Here's a corollary, "It may look like chance, but it's probably been planned."

Back to "hyperinflation". I mentioned the possibility that this might NOT happen when I brought up the history of Sterling. One thing is for sure, "if" TPTB are planning on A, or B, one will happen. I may be grateful if they were gentle about it, but I would be foolish to assume they will be. Not to mention, our masters are not gods actually, and even if they had planned on "A", things could take place that result in "B". So, we should be prepared for BOTH. However, considering we really don't need much preparation for the "slow" scenario, then logically, all we can do is prepare for the worst.

Obviously, I don't believe in going to defcom 4 like many posting about the virtues of gold, but then again, I try never to forget who owns almost all the gold. And that impacts my decisions too.

Oh yes, as far as the wheelbarrows go, that is the traditional image of hyperinflation, and I wouldn't get hung up on it. As I said, when whatever we have in our bank accounts buys nothing, it won't really matter if you have a physical wad of paper.

As far as the mitigating effect of having the USD serving as the world's reserve currency at the moment, granted, that has been the saving grace for the addled USA for a long time now. Will that somehow prevent hyperinflation? Maybe, maybe not. Such a thing absolutely depends upon cooperation at the highest level. If that breaks down, or is "allowed" to break down, then the jig could be up sooner than you think. In 12 hours? Yes, possibly. Which means that a military mobilization to help stop it would be largely moot. Something to consider.

Another clue that should not be ignored is that many nations have been significantly increasing their gold reserves, as they use gold as one more attempt to diversify out of the USD, without killing themselves in the process. The writing may be on the wall, we just have to be able to see it.

I'd like to rephrase something you assert. You say that hyperinflation is "extremely unlikely". Unless you are friends with Bernanke or someone at that level, then you might as well say, "I trust! I trust that they won't let this happen." (Actually, that might be more logical than saying it "can't" happen...)

I would sugest that TPTB can indeed make it happen, if they want to, when they want to. They may also think that they have good reasons to do it, especially if we realize that they have desired a true world currency for a long time now. The decades-old dollar hegemony never was supposed to last forever. There will come a time, maybe sooner, maybe later, but it will have to go, in favor of something even more "global".

And as far as trust goes, it doesn't really go too far these days! As a result, don't be too sure that the sheeple are going to want to jump back into a "bargain" stock market. People have learned, many the hard way, that holding stock in a company is pretty much "trusting" the people running that company. And what we have seen many times since Enron is that we would be foolish to place too much trust in people who are virtually history's greatest thieves.

Good to hear you are agnostic.... when someone says they are atheist they usually mean agnostic, but do not know the actual meaning of atheist, literally believing nothing beyond our universe exists, which is impossible to know, just like the existence of a god.

Second, for hyperinflation to actually take place you need the newly printed money to flow to the hands of people. The problem is, most of the securities that will be put back to the banks are owned by institutions that will not lend out the money. So they printed money to buy MBS, then forced banks to buy treasuries at par. Then they bought these back in QE at market, giving the banks more money. Now PIMCO etc are putting back their MBS to the banks, estimated at $134 billion. This is where the excess reserves from QE2 will be going. The thing is, none of this money ever touches anyone who spends money on anything besides stocks. People will not start selling out of PIMCO all of the sudden once this is over. The Fed is just trying to maintain the status quo. In every other hyperinflationary situation, money was being given to companies to pay for largesses of the government. This trickled down to the population.

The very obvious statement you made is that this seems all very planned. That is correct. The Fed is not full of idiots. It has very intelligent people working there. Once they realized that they screwed up, they needed to do scenario analysis on what could happen. Right now we are witnessing the product of that: Funnel money to banks to eventually pay for put backs. I think the shareholders of the banks should be suffering, but that is not currently the Fed's apparent mandate. That is a different conversation, however.

For hyperinflation to take place, the money needs to actually be in people's bank accounts. While we are seeing this through government programs, which increase our debt, leading to the hyperinflation argument, one must take into consideration many other mitigating factors. Namely, the US tax code.

Why bring up the tax code? Because it is extremely weak and can be improved dramatically. We have some of the lowest taxes in the world because of it. Unlike many bankrupt countries in Europe (see... well Europe) we do not have substantial tax rates (Over 60%) nor do we have Value Added Taxes. I do not see raising income taxes as a legitimate way of fixing our deficit, as no one will go for this. However, a VAT could be passed because it taxes consumption, not earnings. Therefore, people who want to save get to save, and people who want to spend get to spend. Additionally, it allows us to tax EVERY transaction. Think of all the tax evaders (be it the uber wealthy or drug dealers or just your blue collar tax evader) who would finally be taxed on their CONSUMPTION. Corporations that never pay taxes (see Google) would be charged for buying a server farm. Our economy has been estimated as 70% consumption. Do the Math. A 6.5% tax would provide well over half a billion.

Why point this out? The US has MANY options in which to fix our debt. We can raise the social security age (pissing people off), but lowering our future payouts. There are so many options that the US has which almost every other country in the world lacks. Canada has a VAT. Turkey even has a VAT. We are unique in that we lack one. We lack one because we have never had to seriously confront our deficit. I don't trust politicians to make this decision until people are REALLY pushing the issue. Nonetheless, look at other countries and what they are doing. Apply their techniques to the US and one has a system that is quite possibly balanced.

AS IS the country is on a crash course with endless printing. However, implement one or a combination of measures and we are diverted. Right now the administration is attempting to fix our problems without making cuts. That is why the US is still at risk in the future of being in a high inflation environment. However, once we accept sacrifices must be made, the US can make it out of this. My argument is not based on faith. It is based on realistic measures that will eventually be implemented. Go back to the times of Rome. The Senate would only give in at the last minute. Since everyone compares the US to Rome, just wait until the last minute and you will see a magical willingness of Congress to truly take measures to save our country.

I don't feel like typing because I have a plane to catch, but I look forward to your thoughts (besides buy Gold and Silver.) And if anyone mentions Palladium as a good investment please remind them its primary use is in the chemical industry as a catalyst. Same with platinum. If the economy falls, so does the value of platinum and palladium.

edit on 26-11-2010 by glaucon because: meant institutions not fed

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The point I may not have made well is that the QEs provide the liquidety which devalues the dollar.

The trading banks which received that money are using the dough to FRONT run trades, which
is controlling stock prices in general.
IT TAKES MORE NUMERICAL deflated DOLLARS to buy a stock who's values have NOT increased in real terms.just like it does to buy eggs, milk, and bread as inflation works its way in.

I will concede I should also have mentioned speculative bubbles also are driving things upward as a general trend, and that was a big omission in terms of my accuracy there, so I'll add that here. But that is inflation!

The thing about the Russians and the Chinese not using the dollar means they don't have to have them if they are not using them.SO NO DEMAND, NO VALUE

If they don't NEED dollars, the DEMAND for dollars drops, and that is all that keeps the dollar up because the US has NO production of real goods to MAKE the value.

This is obvious, because both Iraq and Iran got on the poo list when they were going to start their own bourses which they were not going to run with USD.
So any countries that want trade with China and Russia won't need dollars because the door is open now..
The only people who aren't going to see this are the US peeps, because they are the bag holders.

But here is the thing:
Now those extra dollars can only get spent in the US, which as they return to circulation, they will now drive the inflationary trend through the roof, which is going to create the scenario LINDSEY WILLIAMS described over the next 12 months or so

Seriously, check out the investment visa the EB5
The US will now let Chinese nationals buy into the US and immigrate, if they have a minimum amount of money, about a hundred grand foe escrow, and they can bring their immediate famillies over here as well..
no ARMY needed
The Chinese are not the only ones who can do this, but they have the people and the money,
The newly elected republicans just QUIETLT overturned Obamas veto on forclosed properties being illegally reposessed so they can sell the properties to these investors...if they don't, they will be eaten by their own derivitive fiasco

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Jesus says "Regift thou who art a believer of me. For thy consumerist purchase is an abomination of my love."

-Paul ⅝:π.

Seriously, though, regifting and making your own presents seems like a better way to deal with this.

1. It's good for the environment.
2. It undercuts consumerist tendencies in a holiday celebration that, for all intents and purposes, both Christian and Pagan, has nothing to do with Black Friday superdiscounts at BestBuy or Target.
3. You save money.
4. You tell the corporations: you may die now.
5. Your gift is more meaningful, more in the case of making it than regifting useless crap, of course.

And to everyone who poo-pooes my oppinion, keep in mind that a friend of the corporation is not a friend of man.

Or, from a religious perspective:

Jesus: "Easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven"
Buddha: "Balance" (Hard to be balanced when a small body of people (corpus = body --> corporation) controls more than the other people who inhabit this world. It's unsustainable and will surely fail sooner or later.

So, why bother with sustaining an inherently fallible order of things? Just let it die. Either way it won't be pretty for the majority of us who base our whole lives on the system, so why not get it done sooner rather than later, when it can only get more entrenched and we will suffer more from its collapse?\

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

"What you fail to realize that all the people who are buying up the gold and more importantly the silver are way way ahead of you buying your guns and ammo. I hear the same thing all the time on may threads.."ill spend my money on canned food and ammo". Problem is that all the folks who WISELY invested in the precious metals which has been the currency for hundreds if not thousands of years can buy as many guns and hire mercenaries, build fortresses etc so that you and your cans of tomato soup and 44 magnum don't have a hope of obtaining."

Hmm well to get enough money out of the gold market to be a real success to build a fortress or hire mercenaries you have to be rich to begin with. So really most of America will not be able to do this and when I say rich I mean making well over 750,000 a year. Cant say i know of very many Americans that make that now in days. So your little dream idea really wouldn't work. Unless you bought alot of gold before 2000 when it was barley 400 a ounce.Then you could have a argument. In any case a good supply of food and a good place to go just in case things went bad are essential to having a remote chance of survival.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by glaucon

The very obvious statement you made is that this seems all very planned. That is correct. The Fed is not full of idiots. It has very intelligent people working there. Once they realized that they screwed up, they needed to do scenario analysis on what could happen. Right now we are witnessing the product of that: Funnel money to banks to eventually pay for put backs. I think the shareholders of the banks should be suffering, but that is not currently the Fed's apparent mandate. That is a different conversation, however.

I actually meant something far more radical than the "obvious". When I say that this has been planned, I mean that this whole mess has been planned. In other words, the chaos that we have been seeing for the past few years is deliberate, TPTB intentionally crashed the economy, so that they could offer us their solution, which we will eventually feel we have no choice about. And then they can roll-out their "real" plan, a true one-world currency that implies a virtual end to national sovereignty.

That's the bigger picture. Now, has the Fed "screwed up", no doubt. But I would suggest that it's not in the way we might expect. Let's take a step back. If we presume that they are actually trying to do "good", then we will probably want to make many of the assumptions that you are making. If on the other hand you happen to be a a radical (like me), and see our masters as the "bad guys", then it's far easier to imagine that what they are doing is certain to seriously screw us. Why? Because their agenda has nothing to do with benevolence, and everything to do with furthering the big goal of one-world government, which goes hand-in-hand with a one-world currency.

As far as the Fed's mandate, they have laughed at it for years, and have succeeded in, shall I say, TAXING the entire population through their gradualistic inflation, that has marched on since the very beginning. Which is why a dollar today is worth less than 2 percent of what it was when the Fed took over. Mandate? Which one, the one they are supposed to be following, or the one they have been following?

For hyperinflation to take place, the money needs to actually be in people's bank accounts. While we are seeing this through government programs, which increase our debt, leading to the hyperinflation argument, one must take into consideration many other mitigating factors. Namely, the US tax code. Why bring up the tax code? Because it is extremely weak and can be improved dramatically. We have some of the lowest taxes in the world because of it. Unlike many bankrupt countries in Europe (see... well Europe) we do not have substantial tax rates (Over 60%) nor do we have Value Added Taxes. I do not see raising income taxes as a legitimate way of fixing our deficit, as no one will go for this. However, a VAT could be passed because it taxes consumption, not earnings...

You may need to look up exactly how a hyperinflation takes place. Money being in "people's" bank accounts? Seriously? Which people? Read what Danbones posted, you do realize the Chinese are "people", and while the US has tried to hamper their ability to spend those dollars, things seem to be changing.

The "simple" elucidation of the mechanism that results in hyperinflation is essentially the same as with "regular" inflation: Too many dollars, chasing too few goods. But hyperinflation is inflation on steroids because you have the added dynamic of a sudden and chaotic loss of "faith" in the particular currency in question. This is why it is far from silly to speculate that a dollar melt-down could occur in less than 24 hours. I think it would be foolish to discount the possibility, especially if you add the very real potential for a deliberate agenda beyond the obvious. I think that taking Fed actions at face value is laughable, not that I'm saying you do, but I would hope you would agree that there is normally a whole lot more going on than released to the sheeple.

And now on to taxes...Well, I hope you haven't earned a few flames on this one! You advocate additional taxation? You also imagine that putting a huge break on consumption, through a VAT can help somehow? I'm familiar with the VAT issue, it comes up regularly, but it may not be what we imagine.

But I should back up here. Again, I'm a radical! I don't believe that we need to be taxed more. As I mentioned above, the Fed has siphoned off tremendous wealth through their decade-after-decade of constant inflation. That is a tax, but the worst kind, since the nation's productivity is sucked into the hands of the elite, without even passing Go! Oh how nice it would be if some fraction of those trillions went to fix a road, or a bridge in this decaying has-been nation!

I'll back up a tad more. You do realize that the Fed creates "money" out of thin air, do you not? They then loan that money, at interest back to the government. Got debt? Yeah, and some want to pay this ludicrous debt, by slamming some enormous tax up our behinds? Sheesh.

Here's the really Cuh - Razy thing about it: We don't need the Fed...at all! We don't need to borrow from the international banksters...at all! Certainly, those who learn of this would be the last to want additional taxes. If for some reason this all still sounds too crazy, then I will simply suggest that you need to do more homework, IMHO.

However, I can easily see that something like a VAT could be in the cards. After all, if enough people believe that they haven't quite bled enough for our masters, then just about anything is possible.

JR

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmm,.
I will place my bets on nothing happening
Particularly when it is one of the largest shopping seasons of the year.

Then you're a moron. If you're buying ANYTHING this holiday season without paying CASH you're an idiot.

I tell ya, if your opening statement when defending something you wrote is, '...you're a moron', then I have a hard time buying anything your selling. Calling people 'idiots' and 'morons' is never an intelligent way of arguing with someone. For example... see what I did? I called you an idiot without actually saying that word by inferring your not very intelligent in your manner of arguing with someone.

Just because someone uses credit to buy a christmas gift does not make them an idiot. Now I won't be, but that's only because my credit is all maxed out to begin with on the two cards I own. You never truly know why someone is doing it. Now, it may be unwise to do such a thing, but that is a far cry from being an idiot or a moron. Even worse you could be speaking to a Mormon and they might get confused when you call them a moron, thinking that your spelling is in question.

Personally I feel it is inevitable that the economy will fail. All the money the government is throwing in is like putting a bandaid on an open wound. It may help for a time, but ultimately your gonna need stitches.

So I may agree with some of what you are saying, but I definately don't like the way your saying it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
reply to post by Mythkiller

I wonder how they chose the dollar values for gold, silver, etc. $4000 / ounce for gold, kinda sensationalist.

Whoever chose $4,000 / ounce for gold (producer of the video?) is probably sitting on a crap-load of gold and getting naive conspiracy theorists, the feeble minded, etc. convinced that gold's about to rise sky high would certainly increase their wealth......

HOWEVER, using a date close to the end of times (December 21, 2012) kind of defeats the reason for buying gold. If humanity is actually going to disappear, through polar shift, an invasion of this planet by human flesh loving aliens, whatever, buying liquor and loose women would be better for one's mental health during those trying times.....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazrmau5
reply to post by nepafogo

Hmm well to get enough money out of the gold market ......... you have to be rich to begin with. So really most of America will not be able to do this and when I say rich I mean making well over 750,000 a year. ......... So your little dream idea really wouldn't work. Unless you bought alot of gold before 2000 when it was barley 400 a ounce.........

The incredibly rich, global banks, governments, huge corporations that bought gold at a very, very low price could be behind the dramatic rise in gold prices. They could, for example, be producing video's predicting global chaos caused by say the decline of the US dollar which sucks the last bit of wealth from the masses who, wanting to get on the gold gravy train, buy gold pushing it's value higher and higher and higher.

Then through some form of financial manipulation / chicanery, the producers of doom and gloom videos, the incredibly rich, global banks, governments, huge corporations, etc., wanting to reign in the rising number of millionaires and wannabe wealth seekers, could cause the price of gold to drop back down to where it was years ago.

So now the poor or soon to be poor saps that bought gold at say $1,300 per ounce or higher, lose whatever wealth they had and the ultra rich, global banks, etc. are no worse off, and could actually be better off if they were the ones selling at $1,300 per ounce....

But hey, that's what some may call a conspiracy theory.......
edit on 26-11-2010 by eNaR because: Corrected placement of words in a sentence

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Hey bunny,. Moron here
Hows the collapse coming along..
Hmmm, seems to be OK,.
well we will just have to wait maybe another couple of 12 hours

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

The incredibly rich, global banks, governments, huge corporations that bought gold at a very, very low price could be behind the dramatic rise in gold prices. They could, for example, be producing video's predicting global chaos caused by say the decline of the US dollar which sucks the last bit of wealth from the masses who, wanting to get on the gold gravy train, buy gold pushing it's value higher and higher and higher.

Then through some form of financial manipulation / chicanery, the producers of doom and gloom videos, the incredibly rich, global banks, governments, huge corporations, etc., wanting to reign in the rising number of millionaires and wannabe wealth seekers, could cause the price of gold to drop back down to where it was years ago.

So now the poor or soon to be poor saps that bought gold at say $1,300 per ounce or higher, lose whatever wealth they had and the ultra rich, global banks, etc. are no worse off, and could actually be better off if they were the ones selling at $1,300 per ounce....

But hey, that's what some may call a conspiracy theory.......

Nothing wrong with having a conspiracy theory, especially here on ATS!

I think there are a fair amount of people who might be inclined to agree with the idea that there might be "something" up with the price of gold lately. Could it be that a few big traders out there are playing games, or maybe the big banks (as usual) pulling a trick or two, or perhaps a George Soros type, who is planning on slamming it home just as enough suckers jump on board?

I think that the more one understands gold, the less likely you will find such a scenario to be plausible. Of course, I do respect anyone who is trying to think outside the box, and we should consider different possibilities, especially before deciding the best place for our hard-earned savings.

It's worth looking into gold in my opinion, trying to be independent, but there is a big problem people will encounter if they decide to do it. This is going to seem counterintuitive to many I'm sure, but our problem isn't a few recent gloom and doom videos finally raising our consciousness about gold, it's completely the opposite situation!

People have actually been lulled to sleep when it comes to gold. I would ask that the open-minded person seriously consider this alternative, before jumping to a conclusion based on recent videos of the past few years.

Everyone knows that gold has a very long history, and that being the case, we need to broaden our scope if we are to understand it. So that's one suggestion, which is to say that we need to gain a true historical context to better discern between reality, and noise.

Everyone also knows that the very wealthy have gold. They have always had it. One might easily wonder why on earth they would want to intentionally hurt the value of one of their traditional holdings, but it is possible...since it has already happened.

This is exactly what we have already seen take place during the past quarter century, as a mighty US Dollar flew higher than expected, in the aftermath of the decline of it's principle military rival, the USSR. Again, looking here for the greater context of what we have seen.

And yet...$300 "cheap" gold ten years ago was still well above the $35 figure Nixon had inherited. Which is to say that if we expand our goal posts a bit, we see a different picture.

What about central banks, sucking up cheap gold, only ready to unload it on the silly sheeple, once enough of them have bought in to the game?

The facts show exactly the opposite took place! Arch-criminal Gordon Brown is the poster child of dumping gold at the very bottom, almost single-handedly consigning his once great nation to second-class status. He dumped British gold like it was so-much trash. Of course, he was doing his master's bidding, didn't give a damn about the British subjects who were fleeced of their nation's wealth, a wealth that had accumulated over centuries.

Let me explain. What actually occurred around the globe was a net outflow of gold from Western central banks, in favor of emerging nations that realized they had no hope of ever bettering their lot if they didn't shore up that component of their balance sheets. China and India bought gold, hand-over-fist, year after year, as the IMF would make announcements "threatening" gold sales. The pattern was that after their stupid announcements designed to keep a lid on gold, we would find out that a deal was struck with these nations, and they basically took all the gold they were "allowed" to buy!

How about volumetric perspective, since the historical may be lost on many? If these wanna-be nations having been playing catch up on their gold reserves, the relevant question is, have they caught up yet? In other words, do they now finally have "enough" gold? Will they stop buying, so the price rise can catch it's breath at least?

According to a Bloomberg article just a few days ago, the answer is that they still have a LONG ways to go!

The article says that China is demanding that the US sell them gold in order to resolve the "twin deficits" (in government budget, and current account). It quotes People's Bank of China advisor Xia Bin as saying “The U.S. has more than 8,000 tons of gold reserves; why can’t it sell some of it since the country wants to raise funds for economic recovery but doesn’t want to add more burden to the fiscal deficit...?”

Sounds like a reasonable request, seeing as how China, a nation with more than four times the population of the US, only has 1,054 tons of gold, compared to the US (actually 8,133 tons). The article also compares China's "small" gold reserves to Germany, which hold triple that of China, at 3,408 tons.

Of course, I won't even get into the "conspiracy" idea that there really isn't much gold held at Fort Knox anymore, yet another entity just as unauditable as the friggin' Federal Reserve. Hmmm.

I guess this is all a bit much for a thread like this, but I would suggest that there is a whole lot to learn, and it is well worth a person's time, especially if they have any savings or wealth that they would like to preserve.

Are gold bugs idiots? Perhaps. I'll end with this famous quote from Prof. Janos Fekete:

"There are perhaps 300 economists in the world that believe gold to be a 'barbarous relic', and perhaps they are correct. However, there are 3 billion people in the world who disagree with them."

JR

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by Angry Danish

I wonder how they chose the dollar values for gold, silver, etc. $4000 / ounce for gold, kinda sensationalist.

Whoever chose $4,000 / ounce for gold (producer of the video?) is probably sitting on a crap-load of gold and getting naive conspiracy theorists, the feeble minded, etc. convinced that gold's about to rise sky high would certainly increase their wealth......

HOWEVER, using a date close to the end of times (December 21, 2012) kind of defeats the reason for buying gold. If humanity is actually going to disappear, through polar shift, an invasion of this planet by human flesh loving aliens, whatever, buying liquor and loose women would be better for one's mental health during those trying times.....

December 21st doesnt mean any of those things.

If anything, it implies what all religions say it does. The end of an age, which is symbolically refered to as 'the end of the world'. And the collapse of the worlds economy be a sign of the end of something old and the beginning of something new; and with all new things, theres an initial stage of 'birth pangs', which is probably an allusion to the difficulties of an economic depression and possibly wars, famine, disease etc.

In anycase. If were going to lose our money anyways, wouldnt it be wise to atleast put some of your money (1/3rd atleast) into real assets like gold and silver?

I would thnk so.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First, I want everyone to know that I work for a large Global Bank. I know some very intelligent people concerning our economy and the world economy. All you have to do is watch the commodities market. IE Soybeans, Corn, Sugar-Cane, Beef, Pork, Coffee etc to see where we are heading. Things are about to get very bad within the next 6 months to a year. Look at the 2011/2012 United Nations Outlook. They are sounding the alarm too! Wake up people!

Couple that outlook with the devaluation of the dollar and we are going to see some very high prices as early as June 2011. Things are not going to get better. As a matter of fact, I think unemployment will beyond 11% by June by the fact of inflation.

The inflation is going to happen because of the QE2 plan from the FED and the low production of commodities in the world. Add a possible destabilization of Asia or Middle East and we will experience a full blown world monetary/food crisis. It is better to prepare than to be caught unaware and unprepared.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Nosoup
that sounds about right.

imho
I don't see a sudden collapse unless a tipping point is reached.
when the gold was confiscated it didn't go to the grabernment
it went to the banks and once they had it they just doubled the price of the gold
and halved the value of the dollar INSTANTLY!

that was a big theft.
the QEs are a variation of that theft

the Russian Chinese monitary pact is a signal to slowly infiltrate the money back into the US
the money will trickle in over the next few months
it will devalue the USD but the banks will get the money
not the peeple
it won't bubble the real estate market
thats why the over turning of Obamas illegal forclosure veto
by the new republicans

Here is a thought, I would like to hear what you all think:

RE the EB5 investment visa
The Chinese immigrating may only be trojan horses using chinese government money
it doesn't have to be their own personal money.
So the government sends their trained and focused "agents of change" ARMED WITH DOLLARS
into the HINTERLAND.
While the peeps are looking at kiddy porn machines that can't even spot bombs
and FAUX FBI created muslim terrorists,
The real weapon/ delivery system is buying its way in,
and we know the AMERICAN POLITICIAN will drop america's pants in a heart beat for money, and the promise of a seat at the trouph for after.

The inflation paralyzes the American Peeps while the Chinese get to use their dollars to buy all the real estate
the zionist bankers who created the China of today stay on top
the Chinese stay together as a group of middle management (confucianism)
they will be the new homogenous controlled middle class owning the businesses and real estate.
The peeps wind up disenfranchised in their own country
and trained to accept complete control by the presence of DHS/bodyscanners on every street corner
no shots fired

asymetric warfare at its finest
the art of war.

show me im wrong...
PLEASE!

edit on 27-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

...the zionist bankers who created the China of today stay on top the Chinese stay together as a group of middle management (confucianism) they will be the new homogenous controlled middle class owning the businesses and real estate. The peeps wind up disenfranchised in their own country...

Great scenario Danbones. Not too many would want to "go there" when it comes to figuring out where the Chinese "fit in", to the future plans of our masters. But think people should give it some thought.

I agree that China must be accounted for in any reasonable guess about the world's future. But too often, we see more or less "simplistic" treatments that go something like, "Well, now the Chinese are mad! Maybe they will retaliate for all those worthless dollars!" Or from the religionist, "200 million horsemen! Who else could it be?!"

But the more likely possibility might have more to do with the history we already know. As you point out, "zionist bankers" (I would prefer to just call them Jewish, but either way gets the job done!), but they do play a part in modern China, contrary to the what the average person might think.

Very few people are aware of a Chinese-Jewish "connection", but I can tell you that many Jews are well aware of it. If anyone is curious, go ahead and Google up Professor Jeff Weintraub (Univ. of Penn) who has written about it. I realize this would be entirely new info for most people, but I would hope people might give it a chance, it could fill in a few blanks.

From your post, I think you already have the sense that whatever is coming our way probably has something to do with a group of people who can remain "separate" among another people, in order to get a job done. You speculate that it could be the Chinese. Perhaps. They certainly have the raw population numbers to provide a solid backbone to a plan for worldwide control. Who else would be able to do it?

Well, the answer may be staring us in the face. The Jews...again. So far, their collective job over the past two centuries especially, has been to serve as that "homogeneous" group that could be mobilized to carry out plans that required a separate group of people, who also were capable of an international deployment. SO far, the mission has done very, very well, as they help to usher in the NWO. But their numbers are perhaps not sufficient for "completing" the mission...

Enter the Chinese, who might already be very well controlled by a tiny Jewish minority, as absurd as that may sound to the person who has never entertained the notion. Again, read what Weintraub says, understand that the Chinese already have traditions in place that accept a Jewish captainship amongst them. These are people who don't have Western (Christian) hang-ups about Jews, and accord Jews a disproportionate amount of "diwei" (status / respect, etc.) to a people they traditionally know as "good in business". Again, this attitude comes minus the negative connotations that derive from centuries of Christian over-hang. In other words, in the Chinese mindset, the Jew is "all good"...

It's a crazy world out there, one that we couldn't dream up if we wanted to! A world where history's bloodiest dictator, Mao Tse Tung (Zedong), held as his closest adviser a man named Sydney Rittenberg. A world where the President of the US has a brother in China (Mark Obama Ndesandjo). A world where a Prime Minister of Israel's parents, came from China (Ehud Olmert)!

I used the world "dream", but it's more like a nightmare...

JR

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The video speaks of this as theoretically happening on Dec. 19th 2012.
Could very well happen within 2 months.
For the information age is as quick as a click and.....
Post.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I hope it happens after I get out of grad school >.>,

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Honestly this whole thing just looks like a Comercial for Gold investment.....isnt the source of the video some fly-by-night investment company? What do ya wanna bet they specialize in Precious Metals?
Basically in a nutshell the video sounded like this"Horror...Evil....Collapse of American Society as we know it....Everybody Loses Everything....(oh, yeah except for the ones who invested in Gold.....they are gonna make out like bandits)" I also liked how they threw in the whole media, puting the blame squarly on the Tea Party as a scape goat, thing.....I was like "Huh?!?!" It seems obvious they are going for a certain type of person. Hope no one is taken in by such fear mongering. On the other hand, if I were to take out all of the Gold adverts and the nonsensical Tea Party stuff....I could see it happening at some point.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The only way I see the Dollar NOT crashing is the Euro crashing first. The Euro is in more trouble than the Dollar and I can see euro countries going back to their own currency.
It is a proven trend that when the dollar is up; all commodities are down and vs vs
so dollar crash; gold up, silver up etc

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

We have all seen scenarios of the begging of a monetary collapse.
What concerns me is the last 12hrs
Desperate people do desperate things

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
The only way I see the Dollar NOT crashing is the Euro crashing first. The Euro is in more trouble than the Dollar and I can see euro countries going back to their own currency.
It is a proven trend that when the dollar is up; all commodities are down and vs vs
so dollar crash; gold up, silver up etc

Yes, right on. I agree that the Euro would have to crash first, and should give us a small bit of "warning". How much of a warning, is anyone's guess. If the Euro goes down, the dollar would have to rally, as billions of dollars always need to be parked somewhere.

However, something I'd like to point out, lately, the usual dynamics have not been holding. Yes, in the past, it has often been that if the dollar gains strength, commodities in terms of dollars went "down". In fact, this has not been the case lately, which is certainly counterintuitive.

Often, we're seeing that when they pump the dollar up, gold is STILL up, which means it had an even higher hill to climb. Why so? Because BOTH the dollar, and gold, are seen as "safe havens". As money flows out of other investments, it has to go somewhere, and the sequence is normally to dollars first, and then a portion to gold after some delay. Another way to put it is that gold is the final stop.

Silver is entirely another matter, it is up now constantly, no matter what forces attempt to keep it down, due to the massive decades-long bank fraud that is (finally) coming to an end (we hope). Perhaps it can finally settle in the coming years into something approaching it's real value, considering it is actually rarer than gold (yet one more incomprehensible fact for those who have never followed this issue!), when accounting for above-ground inventories.

I personally don't see a dramatic dollar collapse in the immediate future. A few other things have to play out, such as the Euro, where Germany finally has had enough of supporting the whole continent of Europe. War, domestic false flags, etc., they can all play a significant part in timing, but a more or less straightforward "linear" prognostication does suggest that the US "should" have a short amount of time as a "warning", before the dollar succumbs to whatever brew of forces potent enough to take it down.

Of course, judging by some of the utterly ignorant posts in this thread, a large portion of Americans will still be caught with their pants down, even with these generous warnings. I can only imagine our masters laughing, and congratulating themselves, since they did "play fair" after all. The American sheeple were just to dense to figure it out.

JR

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join