It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea warns of new attacks, S.Korea to boost rules of engagement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I found another link from the Jerusalem Post

www.jpost.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i've already posted this in the korean brinks of war and the orginal thread thanks for stealing it to make a new thread

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

I am sorry you feel that way,but I have not read all the way through that thread to see what you posted.
Next time I would suggest you start a new thread being that it was breaking news..I have no intention of trying to steal a damn thing,I am only concerned with getting out important information,not reading through an entire thread,which most of the time it is nothing but bickering back and forth.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
u just wanted to get free stars from people its okay i dont care i've posted it already so no matters to me just wanted to say it

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Look,I don't care about stars and flags,I only care about getting important info out and that's it..I had no intention of taking anything from you or anyone else..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Yes lets do drop it,I am not here to debate.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
same here man got bigger things to worry about! im glad to add you as a friend!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Its about time we call NK bluff, China will not engage, they will talk tough and say "hey dont do that" but they know that ultimately NK needs to get slapped around and put back in check, and they would rather someone whose NOT an ally do it than them, and hurt relations.

Kimmie and his ilk have been pressing the envelope for too long. He started barking and woke the big dog up in the neighborhood, SK along with the US will bark back and tell him to get back on the porch with our maneuvers and training off the coast.

If Kimmie and his boy really want to do something they will have the opportunity, other then that its just more of his meglomaniac ego..........If he bites, we will bite back, HARD....and through all of his craziness, he knows the US doesnt bluff, hes crazy, not stupid.

Unless he wants to be the last dictator in NK with anything left to dictate , he will get his act together......You never know tho, his ego is so huge he might want to go down in history as NKs last dictator.

Either way, its time we called the bluff, they either need to put up or shut up.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

These Korean war will be the recover of the economy of the USA.

If not this one, soon we will see another one.

War always is the best way to rise economy. Sad but truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
South Korean Defence Minister Resigns

Well well, a dispute behind closed doors? The official reason is because of his handling of the attacks but you cant help but think there's another reason behind this. Maybe knows what's coming and is against it?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

exactly.
better yet, why the hell don`t they just cancel the damn thing (exercize-war games)?
or is it too much common sense for all those brass to 'exercize'?

seriously, one would think that in such a context someone in the military command of south korea and-or usa would have the decency to say, out loud, maybe we just should postpone this drill untill things calm down a bit...
but no, they just say: you know we have this carrier (is it only one vessel or a carrier strike group?) sitting idle by japan, we could move it up there to see what those "crazy" north koreans would do... right?

they had already spent too much fuel, dispatched too many personnel and sketched too many funny diagrams with pretty colored dots and arrows to call it off.

i picture this people fiercely masturbating to a Call of Duty game, displayed on a 3x30" setup. with recruits serving them tons of energy drinks.... and sugar. goddamnit.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by PatriotsPride

These Korean war will be the recover of the economy of the USA.

If not this one, soon we will see another one.

War always is the best way to rise economy. Sad but truth.

Too bad that this time is going to be destructively different. Nothing is going to "pull" any nations economy out of this recession.

Yeah, it may have worked with WW2 when energy was abundant and cheap..... Not so anymore.

The laws of thermodynamics have dictated that this is going to be the longest lasting "recession" in human history. And by recession I mean total collapse of industrialized civilization... War will only speed the process up

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sunday November 28th is when this will all heat up. That's the day when the new exercises between the US and South Korea are scheduled to begin. Whether intentional baiting or not, North Korea has made it clear that they see this as a provocation worthy of response. They have been given a few days to think about what they will do -- attack the carrier group or some other target, try an incursion into South Korean territory, or do nothing. If they choose one of the first two options, the allied forces will strike back with air power, destroying a few military targets belonging to the North. If the North withdraw, then the retaliation will end, and pressure will mount to return to diplomatic talks, with a (hopefully) less belligerent North.

But if cooler heads don't prevail, then the North will ratchet up their action following the allied retaliation, and things will quickly escalate to full-blown war along the DMZ. American air power will be standing by on hairtrigger alert to immediately begin sorties over North Korea to mop up artillery, missile sites and destroy government leadership.

It will not be the start of WW 3, but rather the quick dismantling of North Korean military. Precision air strikes will be able to kill 90% of it without the need for boots on the ground. F-22s, B2 bombers, cruise missiles and AC-130s will be able to wipe out North Korean infantry, artillery and tanks at a rate of several thousand targets per hour. Within 10 days, the air campaign would be running out of viable targets.

After that, the west would be faced with a huge, expensive mess. Invade North Korea and integrate it with the south would seem to be the best option, but would cost trillions of dollars and would need support of regional stakeholders, including China.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maoklein

exactly.
better yet, why the hell don`t they just cancel the damn thing (exercize-war games)?
or is it too much common sense for all those brass to 'exercize'?

These exercises are nothing new.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ulchi Freedom Guardian and Ulchi Focus Lens have been going on since the 70s.

Operation Foal Eagle/Key Resolve (the spring-time exercise) is a related exercise, and the one that will be going on this March. Same as it does ever year since the 1970s www.army.mil...

seriously, one would think that in such a context someone in the military command of south korea and-or usa would have the decency to say, out loud, maybe we just should postpone this drill untill things calm down a bit...

These situations are exactly why we do these drills. The point of these drills is to train South Korea and eventually turn over regional military command to the South Koreans.

but no, they just say: you know we have this carrier (is it only one vessel or a carrier strike group?) sitting idle by japan, we could move it up there to see what those "crazy" north koreans would do... right?

Moving the carrier up there is not part of the exercises this early. It is a direct response to this situation. Air support will be vital in a conflict between North and South Korea. Protection of Pusan ports is absolutely critical - an ASW net must be established and maintained. Without the ports of Pusan - strategic response to a ground war in Korea will be incredibly difficult. Priority is the evac of civilians. That is part of what we train for during these exercises - setting up camps that can hold the temporary influx and get people out of there before they are in the cities when artillery starts turning them inside out.

Of course, that carrier strike group could obliterate most North Korean infrastructure on a whim. The real problem from North Korea is their 'human wave' combat tactics that could prove rather troublesome.

they had already spent too much fuel, dispatched too many personnel and sketched too many funny diagrams with pretty colored dots and arrows to call it off.

We already have orders in NROWS drafted up to go to Korea in August of this fiscal year - just waiting for the official dates of the exercise to be announced and BCNs to be distributed.

i picture this people fiercely masturbating to a Call of Duty game, displayed on a 3x30" setup. with recruits serving them tons of energy drinks.... and sugar. goddamnit.

It's closer to the movie "War Games" - strategic level information, not tactical.

Other parts of the exercise involve joint communications between US and Korean forces - making sure message traffic is handled appropriately and effectively.

The two countries are still at war. It's never been a question of if it was going to stir up - but when.

North Korea is likely doing much of this in an attempt to solidify the status of their changing leadership and settle public uncertainty. However, it is possible they will push too far, and South Korea will 'simply' kick their ass to be done with it.

The problem will be what happens if China gets involved. They are the wild-card in all of this.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I still believe in a 70% chance of this cooling down with further peace talks, negotiations, and allocation of aid to the DPRK.

Allocation of aid?

Allocation of...AID??!!

If it were up to me, they could whistle for it.

Blimey, start shelling civilians, and get a nice fat payday eh?

Not much of an incentive to keep the peace if they get handed truckloads of aid every time they attack the SK's is it!

Please don't shell SK...but if you do, we'll all waggle our fingers at you, tut-tut a bit, then hand over mega bucks as a reward!

This really is a screwed up world.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

The real problem from North Korea is their 'human wave' combat tactics that could prove rather troublesome.

Round after round of hi-ex and incendiary placed at the leading edge and flanks of any human wave will stop it dead in it's tracks. NK soldiers would probably opt for a bullet in the head from their commanders, than be roasted alive en-masse.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

We don't really have much in the line of that. The general idea is to just bomb them from the air and withdraw, allowing them to over-extend their supply lines. Most of the northern territories are going to have to be evacuated, anyway and vulnerable to artillery fire. Better to let them drive down empty streets than to fight tooth and nail as buildings fall around you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join