It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Extremism - No different to any other cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I watched the BBC Newsnight - the program featured the radicalisation of a Moslem as seen through the eyes of the father and brother.

What really came home to me is - how little I know about this and how many lies I have been fed about this. For the record, I am a white middle class Agnostic who is reasonably well educated.

But this radicalisation is no different to any other cult and actually uses many standard cult techniques [brain washing, turn against friends and family]. Again for the record, having seen this, it brought out the "I could really understand what as a DAD he is going through".

I would be interested to hear both from both Moslems and non Moslems what they make of this. The scary thing is - that actually this has taught me something new about the subject, I never saw extremism as a cult before.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OP apologies - please post in the appropriate area - Sorry all GREY fans

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Any radical religion is cultish..they are all the same...be it radical islam, or radical christian flavors...taking things like religion lightly for purposes of self inspiration to be a better person in life is a positive use of religion...its when they get totally bogged down into twisted translations and try to crusade is when it all goes downhill...

I would feel no more comfortable in a room full of radical christian militants than I would with radical islamic militants (ok...thats a lie...due to my western upbringing, I imagine I would fare slightly better in the christian room overall..but thats due to skin color and dialect...and in a pinch, I can pretend I believe in christianity...I wouldn't do well pretending to be a muslim due to the whole barely understanding anything beyond the debate points of the religion)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Islamic extremism is a direct result of Jewish extremism in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by templar knight

Islamic extremism is a direct result of Jewish extremism in the middle east.

Jewish extremism is a direct result of Islamic extremism in the middle east.

round and around we go

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I would be interested to hear both from both Moslems and non Moslems what they make of this. The scary thing is - that actually this has taught me something new about the subject, I never saw extremism as a cult before.
Think of how many people neo cons have killed............another cult.

top topics

join