It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
THIS WAS NOT A SLIP...

I say South when I am talking about the North, no one is perfect but she said this after:

"we've got to stand with our North Korean allies - we're bound to by treaty ..." = Palin

The interviewer interjected: "South Korean."

Palin added: "Yes, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies as well, yes."

WHAT THE HELL. That's no slip. She is just ignorant.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Let's get it in context. Does what she says before the 'gaffe' make ANY sense to anyone? I can't figure out what she's saying...

Interviewer: How would you handle a situation like the one that just developed in North Korea?

Palin: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from a greater problem, when we're all sitting around asking, 'Oh no, what are we going to do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do. So this speaks to a bigger picture that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy. But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies – we're bound to by treaty....

Interviewer: South Korean.

Palin: Yes, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes.

Source

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ra.ra3

2 things. One- the member you are ridiculing here is Canadian, not a Tea Partyer. Secondly, can you tone down the rhetoric? It's not becoming.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ra.ra3

I don't find it very funny at all. There's a real chance this idiot could be elected to the presidency by the idiots at large. The whole situation couldn't be further from being funny. But, I suppose you might as well laugh now, because you won't be doing any laughing if she gets the office.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by ra.ra3

I don't find it very funny at all. There's a real chance this idiot could be elected to the presidency by the idiots at large. The whole situation couldn't be further from being funny. But, I suppose you might as well laugh now, because you won't be doing any laughing if she gets the office.

I agree with you 1 billion percent!!!

My laughter is at the IDIOTS here whom are defending the IDIOT Palin.

Yes, it is a VERY SCARY thing if this IDIOT Palin becomes president. I could not agree with what you are saying any more.

The Tea-drinking foolish folks here want to make this one "disappear" because it sheds so much light on exactly WHAT we have in that Tea Party camp. I want everyone in the world to know what kind of IDIOT may run for President soon, and to stay AWAY from electing the fools in the Tea-drinking camp, EXCEPT Ron Paul who has a LOT of sense and brains.

Ron Paul has a billion more brain cells than than the whole Tea party clan and supporters have COMBINED!! Thats the truth.
edit on 25-11-2010 by ra.ra3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous.

I think Sarah Palin is pretty dumb just like everyone else, but when talking about North and South Korea it is pretty easy to make a mistake and say North when you meant to say South. This is a total non-issue, quit flagging it. lol

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

You guys made her so self-conscious that she gave up the only strategy that ever worked. This mistake would never have happened if she'd written, "North Korea = Bad Guys" on her hand

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b26f597374b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Im surprised Glenn Beck knew it was South Korea, or that he didnt just go along with her and tell her how great she is.
edit on 24-11-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

She made a mistake, unlike the immortal demi-gods that infest this thread it seems...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ra.ra3
The Tea-drinking foolish folks here want to make this one "disappear" because it sheds so much light on exactly WHAT we have in that Tea Party camp.

dude, please do not stereotype all tea partiers
as being pro-Palin, that is not true. I consider
myself a tea partier and I can't stand the woman.
And there are many more just like me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ra.ra3
Palin is exactly the type of person and mentality that we have in the Tea Party. Apparently her supporters will do anything to make this a "non-issue" and try to cease the discussion. A certain diehard Mod here is deleting posts and giving me invalid warnings while taking points away because this diehard Tea-Party Mod doesnt like the TRUTH!!

AboveTopSecret owner: You need to elect better Mods who dont let their political bias effect their governing roles and actions here. My posts are in NO WAY a violation of T&C but they are giving me the shaft here.
edit on 25-11-2010 by ra.ra3 because: (no reason given)

The're keeping this thread even and fair. Unlike the rabid-dog mentality from the left-wing lunatic fringe that currently infests this once-great forum.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
You guys are ridiculous.

I think Sarah Palin is pretty dumb just like everyone else, but when talking about North and South Korea it is pretty easy to make a mistake and say North when you meant to say South. This is a total non-issue, quit flagging it. lol

read my post above yours..

she said North, was corrected and she said oh yeah.. and we have to stand with the south "ALSO!!!"

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Allright Palin supporters, .... explain this one ...... PLEEEAAAAASE.

" oh it's just a gotcha soundbite"

" her mind was flustered with the stresses of politics"

" she was sniffing paint in the parking lot "

Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it, ..... because anyone who can support this person is more mentaly handicapped than Palin herself.

Are you serious?

Of course she meant to say South Korean so what is your problem?

Unless of course you really believe your Messiah and think there are 57 states.

Get a clue and see a shrink regarding your Palin derangement syndrome.

Do you people understand what sarcasm is? I can't believe that a sarcastic remark from so long ago is still being brought up. When I studied for an exam in school, I would spend a million years in the basement of the library. Was I actually down there for a million years? No. Do I not understand basic measurements of the passage of time? Nope. It's sarcasm!

If Palin did not have a long track record of being utterly incompetent with regard to basic facts about foreign policy, you could play the slip of the tongue game. Moreover, if you look at the larger context, you'll see she said North Korea twice.

Keep throwing yourself on Palin's grenades. There will be plenty more from the half-term quitter.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

read my post above yours..
she said North, was corrected and she said oh yeah.. and we have to stand with the south "ALSO!!!"

You don't actually believe that Sarah Palin is dumb enough to think that the USA is allies with North Korea, do you? C'mon now, it was just a stupid mistake.

There are many other countless examples which illustrate Palin's ignorance, this isn't really one of them in my opinion.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Because its just appalling that she made a mistake. Our current president is so much better at not making mistakes.
Linky

This is desperation from the left.

No, this is desperation from a country that wants a competent candidate for once.
edit on 25-11-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Might I point out that I don't actually live in America? My candidate? Not even close. If you are content with your choice in politics, then by all means, do what you will. but whether you vote in a liar or a warmonger, the judgment will be upon the heads of those who voted them in, not me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
She's not the sharpest tool in the shed is she? Not a great moment for her, and most won't even remember this.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Not the sharpest tool in the shed but heck....she can come live at my house.....I'll take her in any day....I love conservative women....at home, barefoot and pregnant......LOL Sorry.....Had too...

To be honest...I'd vote for her, she can do no worst that Clinton, Bush and Obama......Plus....She actually runs a real budget, I mean at home but still you think that Clinton, bush and Obama had or still have any idea what a loaf of bread cost....I'll bet you that Palin does, although the cost of a loaf of bread in Alaska is probably three times what anyone would pay in middle town U.S.A.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join